[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

Main page,

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-Module-Manager-1-5-(Nov-11)

Are there instructions somewhere for the MM1.5 syntax? I have all the nodes and stuff sorted out so I can have a look at concatenating them into a module manager file when I get back to town as a stopgap until the next release (and computer/internet) as I've only got my phone for the next couple of days

Is anyone ever going to update this thing?

Read a few pages back. The answer is yes. A nuclear engine will come after 0.23, and techtree will also come soonish. The tech tree is actually done, CBBP just hasn't gotten around to uploading it yet.

Ok, so here should (hopefully) be a module manager .CFG for adding the intended techTree nodes for the KOSMOS pack

> DOWNLOAD LINK <

You will also need sarbian's MM 1.5 dll in your /GameData/ directory

I haven't made one of these before and have no way of testing it from my current location, please let me know if it works (or not).

Is it possible to make VA capsule compatible with deadly reentry? Or it works somebody tell me how can make it!

You might be able to locate the DREc V4 config segment which adds the heat shield and other config variables to the mk1 pod and copy them manually to the VA capsule's part.cfg, although they might need some tweaking since it's a much larger pod

Edited by NoMrBond

I also like this capsule. It has got some aerodynamic issues if you use it with FAR. It is producing so insane amount of lift if you pull it with its flat end ahead that you can actually build a plane with these capsules. Ferram said that the docking nodes probably have wrong size.

The 1.25m fuel tanks look very nice. I mean the tanks that contain two reservoirs in them. Are you planning to add 2.5m fuel tanks like these some time?

eh, sort of working on something else. hopefully once 0.23 is out the NTR engine will come quickly but... URm 1.25 tanks were alot of work and I feel I didn't get enough visual reward form them... (AKA I don't really enjoy them myself) lol. after a while making cylinders over and over gets bland.

asfor the capsules and heat shield i have no idea of these things.

Dug up mine. Has a few other tweaks to help with FAR too.

@PART[Kosmos_VA_RRV_Capsule]
{
@module = Part
CoMOffset = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0
@maxTemp = 1700
@node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.7097499385, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
!node_stack_top00
!node_stack_top02
!node_stack_top01
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.5859281, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

MODULE
{
// identical to 2.5m Mk1-2 pod HS
name = ModuleHeatShield
direction = 0, -1, 0 // bottom of pod
reflective = 0.05 // 5% of heat is ignored at correct angle
ablative = AblativeShielding
loss
{ // loss is based on the shockwave temperature (also based on density)
key = 650 0 // start ablating at 650 degrees C
key = 1000 320 // peak ablation at 1000 degrees C
key = 3000 400 // max ablation at 3000 degrees C
}
dissipation
{ // dissipation is based on the part's current temperature
key = 300 0 // begin ablating at 300 degrees C
key = 500 90 // maximum dissipation at 500 degrees C
}
}
RESOURCE
{
name = AblativeShielding
amount = 1000
maxAmount = 1000
}
}

eh, sort of working on something else. hopefully once 0.23 is out the NTR engine will come quickly but... URm 1.25 tanks were alot of work and I feel I didn't get enough visual reward form them... (AKA I don't really enjoy them myself) lol. after a while making cylinders over and over gets bland.

Here's an idea: make the new engines and mounting parts, then re-use use already existing tanks, just with different textures. That way you could have tanks all the way up to 5m for a fraction of the work it took to make URM125. I've posted a lineup of what it could look like a while ago. Perhaps also Proton/Energia-style booster nosecones would be handy, too.

In general, I have a feeling that KOSMOS is missing a lot of miscellaneous structural and utility parts it once had. I miss some of them (VA chute, Almaz panels) quite a lot.

Does this work? has anyone tried it? Please let me know if any fixes are required.

It does work, nearly perfectly.

There is a spelling error for the crew tunnel.

It says metameterials instead of metamaterials.

That is the only thing I saw that needed to be fixed.

It does work, nearly perfectly.

There is a spelling error for the crew tunnel.

It says metameterials instead of metamaterials.

That is the only thing I saw that needed to be fixed.

OK great, thanks. I've fixed that typo and the revised Module Manager config file is up at the same download link

after .23 I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing (I was having problems), but then when I reinstalled Kosmos I had something sort of weird happen .. check the video out. I have several other downloads installed that are working good this one isn't playing right with about 6 tanks in propulsion. I didn't do audio and show that everything else is ok so about 38 secs in i show the issue. excuse the frame rate im a vid newb too lol, Here's the vid:

yeah, I'm getting that too. I'd read on another thread (FASA i think) that the issue arises from having liquid fuel, oxidizer and monoprop in a part config, without any engine thrust transform thingys defined on .23 install

Confirmed on LazTek and FASA, too. This is a bug with KSP. The devs should probably be notified, those tanks are fine otherwise and the glitch is purely visual.