[1.0.2] TAC Self Destruct v1.5.1 [13May]

TaranisElsu

There is not currently a way to do that. I'm not sure how common of a use case that is.

The more common use case, indeed the one I see quite often, is when I separate from multiple self-destructing parts (e.g. an array of boosters) and they all start spamming the exact same countdown, completely covering the screen, when it would be ideal if just one (if not zero) of them were doing it. I for one would absolutely love some way to get rid of that visible countdown spam, even if it was just a config-file variable rather than a full-on tweakable. Although perhaps a better option would be to stop it from redisplaying the exact same message multiple times, i.e. don't bring up a new line saying 5 seconds to go if you're already displaying a line that says 5 seconds to go.

Edited by Gaius

Hm, Toolbar integration maybe? View and control every destructotron from a window also showing the countdown?

Has anyone tried these to go all Bruce Willis on an asteroid?

If DRE can burn them up and they are just parts ... *poof*

• 1 month later...
Seems to work fine in 0.23.5 (ARM) with no changes.

There is not currently a way to do that. I'm not sure how common of a use case that is.

Just add a boolean in some code that tracks when the user has pressed F2 (which is supposed to hide all UI elements). Then put an if statement check in the code that draws the text on screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Been looking for something like this for AGES. thank you again, Thunder Aerospace.

P.S. I'm trying to remap the 3d model but I'd need the graphic template since .mu files are not readable with any 3d software..

Could you post it somewhere? I promise I will share my models for you to integrate in the download pack if you wish :-)

Been looking for something like this for AGES. thank you again, Thunder Aerospace.

P.S. I'm trying to remap the 3d model but I'd need the graphic template since .mu files are not readable with any 3d software..

Could you post it somewhere? I promise I will share my models for you to integrate in the download pack if you wish :-)

Everything is here: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacSelfDestruct, including the Blender and Unity files (in the Unity directory).

Also, I am adding code to hide the countdown when the UI is hidden (F2) and making it togglable by right-clicking the part. New update coming SoonTM.

Just another alternate map.. grab it here. As I said before, TaranisElsu, you can re-distribute it if you wish.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Also, I am adding code to hide the countdown when the UI is hidden (F2) and making it togglable by right-clicking the part.

Yeah, that would be great, countdowns are such a screen clutter.. :(

How about a custom UI or just a toolbar integration?

• 2 weeks later...

spaceport is kaput. I grabbed this from github. Is there something I missed that adds the self desstruct functional "MODULE{ name = TacSelfDestruct}"? In the gamedata folder there're just 3 files, they add the part in KSP, but doesn't seem to respond to any right clicking or staging commands in VAB or Launchpad

spaceport is kaput. I grabbed this from github. Is there something I missed that adds the self desstruct functional "MODULE{ name = TacSelfDestruct}"? In the gamedata folder there're just 3 files, they add the part in KSP, but doesn't seem to respond to any right clicking or staging commands in VAB or Launchpad

Did you download the source or the release from this page: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacSelfDestruct/releases ? The release download is the same zip that was hosted on Spaceport, with everything compiled and ready to go. If you get it another way, you will have to compile it yourself.

Small request: I'd like the ability for parts to disappear without an explosion. I have a very odd project and I need a lot of very small procedural separators to vanish, otherwise they interfere with the working of other parts. But when they explode they interfere even more with the others.

More specific: I'm building a working car engine out of rocket parts. All the moving parts are essentially debris otherwise the colliders don't work. But leaving the separators inside the bearings gives a lot of damage.

Edited by Azimech

Small request: I'd like the ability for parts to disappear without an explosion. I have a very odd project and I need a lot of very small procedural separators to vanish, otherwise they interfere with the working of other parts. But when they explode they interfere even more with the others.

More specific: I'm building a working car engine out of rocket parts. All the moving parts are essentially debris otherwise the colliders don't work. But leaving the separators inside the bearings gives a lot of damage.

Can you code? That would be a simple change but I would not want to include that in the main release, and I don't have much time right now. I'm struggling finding the time to get my next TAC LS release out the door :(

Unfortunately, no. Can't code nor compile (yet). But I could take a look anyway.

Edit: taken a look, it would probably work by replacing

part.explode();

with

vessel.Die();

Now I just need to learn how to compile the stuff and try it. And add the module to the custom separators.

Edited by Azimech

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Best.

Mod.

Ever.

Launches are now pyrotechnic extravaganzas of exploding boosters! Cleaning debris from around bases is now FUN! Suicide bombers! Viking funerals! The list goes on.

Now, if only KAS would get going in 0.24 so I could do all these things again.

Best.

Mod.

Ever.

Launches are now pyrotechnic extravaganzas of exploding boosters! Cleaning debris from around bases is now FUN! Suicide bombers! Viking funerals! The list goes on.

Now, if only KAS would get going in 0.24 so I could do all these things again.

I'm just some random internet dude, not Majiir or anyone, but this user-recompiled .dll for KAS worked fine for me in .24 on Mac (32 bit). Even played around with the self destruct parts :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-7-Pipes-as-fuel-lines-and-even-fewer-explosions!?p=1288901&viewfull=1#post1288901

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.