I hate Math, but love Science

NASAFanboy

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but you may actually have a learning disability or disorder that is impacting your ability to learn using the tools you have been given, simply because no one (yourself included) knows that your brain requires different tools.

ADHD can cause what you describe happening on your tests where you make errors so obvious that you can't believe you made them. Dyscalculia is a particularly nasty one that affects learning math in particular. Even dyslexia (which I have my own self, albeit undiagnosed and only to a slight degree) can hurt your ability to do math because it's not just words that you can mix up, and numbers without context have no "correct" order. I had to teach myself to double check any number more than 2 digits because no matter how sure I am that I had read "1537" there's a pretty good chance that the number's actually "1357"

The older you are, the harder it is to both diagnose AND treat these, so you should look into getting tested for them as quickly as possible. I for example didn't really know about any of this until I was already a working professional, so I'm basically out of luck. My brain has found its own ways to compensate and that will muddy any test results.

On 5/11/2022 at 5:42 PM, Nuke said:

i just realized this thread is almost a decade old and i already responded to it.

Well so much for "do this as quickly as possible."

I hope you're doing well, OP, wherever you are.

Edited by Superfluous J

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.