[v1.2]KSP - Silisko Edition

NovaSilisko

I wasn\'t referring so much to the polycount of the sphere as to that of the base (decoupler?) - especially from those teeth at the top.

Yeah, I\'m going to halve the number of teeth. I don\'t like how it looks with this many, anyway.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Sure. Let\'s name it something that you can\'t type on an English only keyboard. >:( Also, no need to be a dick about the name I offered. I was only kidding.

Sorry about being a dick. And if you didn\'t notice, Wernher von Braun was specking in russian, so I translated what I was going to say into russian. It translates into whale shark.

I meant with all them fancy Russian letters. Also, not everybody knows Russian. :P

It doesn\'t matter what keyboard you have, only how your OS interprets the keystrokes. I can go ?????in an instant and I don\'t have a separate keyboard for that.

Sorry for the offtopic Nova.

New Mk4 pod pretty much done:

ss20120111033307.jpg

Also, I think I\'ve pretty much confirmed that I\'ve made staging viable.

This could put the pod and upper stage into orbit:

ss20120111033736.jpg

This could not put anything into orbit(well, if it didn\'t have the pod maybe it could lift itself there):

ss20120111033748.png

Sole difference between the two is the addition of a staging event and upper stage engine for the first one.

I see a reintroduced and retextured fuel tank adapter here!

If it\'s not an error, thanks! I missed it.

Yeah, but radial stack decoupler is gone now. Understandable, given that tanks are now surface-attachable, but I still miss it.

Also, permission to re-texture your parts, Nova?

Oh, and what\'s with the decoupler shroud? The shroud seems to remain attached to the engine rather than fall away with the decoupler. :-\

Yeah, but radial stack decoupler is gone now. Understandable, given that tanks are now surface-attachable, but I still miss it.

Also, permission to re-texture your parts, Nova?

Oh, and what\'s with the decoupler shroud? The shroud seems to remain attached to the engine rather than fall away with the decoupler. :-\

1. Depends on what you\'re going to retexture them with :P

2. That was intended, it\'s based on the Soyuz third stage (the interstage stays attached)

1. Depends on what you\'re going to retexture them with :P

My mad photoshop sk!11z0rz? Erno, I don\'t have a solid idea yet, all I know is that I want to make stuff more visually interesting. This new version is just uniform grey, which I find extremely boring.

2. That was intended, it\'s based on the Soyuz third stage (the interstage stays attached)

Yeah, but the shroud is too short for some of the engines, so you end up with this weird ring thing around the nozzle just kinda floating there.

My mad photoshop sk!11z0rz? Erno, I don\'t have a solid idea yet, all I know is that I want to make stuff more visually interesting. This new version is just uniform grey, which I find extremely boring.

Yeah, but the shroud is too short for some of the engines, so you end up with this weird ring thing around the nozzle just kinda floating there.

1. They aren\'t uniform grey...there\'s little bits of metal placed seemingly at random, like on the Titan rockets. But I\'ll increase the contrast a bit for 1.3.

2. It was only intended for the upper stage engine. I don\'t really want to add a bunch of them to cover ALL the engines, it\'d just get cluttered.

1. They aren\'t uniform grey...there\'s little bits of metal placed seemingly at random, like on the Titan rockets. But I\'ll increase the contrast a bit for 1.3.

That won\'t make them any less grey. :P Re-texture permission, yay or nay?

Nova, is your 'one directional thruster' supposed to consume that much? Two of them exhaust a standard 1m RCS tank in seconds, and they don\'t even give much delta-V in the process (pod+2 RCS tanks+ASAS+decoupler...)

Nova, is your 'one directional thruster' supposed to consume that much? Two of them exhaust a standard 1m RCS tank in seconds, and they don\'t even give much delta-V in the process (pod+2 RCS tanks+ASAS+decoupler...)

Make it an LFE if it concerns you so much.

:s