[v1.2]KSP - Silisko Edition

NovaSilisko

That\'s enough of that! You sir have just earned yourself a 24hr time out.

If the rest of you can\'t maintain civility, I\'ll issue a few more bans and lock this thread.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Forum Moderator

i was just about to report this. Glad to know you guys are on top of things.

Anyways, The KSP model maker has released about 6 models in the past 6 months. I think he might be making some things and not releasing them until the code supports it maybe kinda

I\'m considering it my fault for thinking I could get away with rebalancing the parts people already liked, and expecting people to actually give a shit about my mediocre models and textures.

Your models and parts are fine. They\'re some of the better parts of KSP\'s modding community. The problem was (is?) your attitude which I know a lot of people didn\'t like; I hear a lot of negativity elsewhere.

I\'ve been trying to be calmer, and I want to think I\'m better than I was. That\'s why I left - I needed a break, I needed to get out and rethink my approach to the forum. Getting into every thread, every argument was not helping me, or anyone else.

Sure keep pointing fingers bud.

Im done with this flame war.

/thread Skunk.

I didn\'t say I was either. I\'m glad you\'re peacin\' out because quite frankly I\'m not in the mood to have to respond.

Hey guys, seriously cut Nova some slack, he is the one making custom parts for you AND THIS is how you repay him?

I may be no mod, but how would you like it if you spent hours into making a mod for people and all you get is negative responses?

It was seeing Nova\'s pack that made me learn how to mod for this game, if it was not for him i might have not ventured forth.

I guess what i am trying to say is stop telling him what he can and cannot do, the only way people get better at something is to keep doing it, not suppressing it.

/endrant

I\'ve been trying to be calmer, and I want to think I\'m better than I was. That\'s why I left - I needed a break, I needed to get out and rethink my approach to the forum. Getting into every thread, every argument was not helping me, or anyone else.

Well, that\'s good that you\'re trying, and I fully understand your intentions. Some people hold grudges though; and it\'s good for everyone to take a break.

Hey guys, seriously cut Nova some slack, he is the one making custom parts for you AND THIS is how you repay him?

I may be no mod, but how would you like it if you spent hours into making a mod for people and all you get is negative responses?

Yeah, there\'s negativity but there\'s also a lot of positive comments. Like I said, it\'s only a certain amount of people complaining, and a certain amount of people who are supporting the whole ego thing. They\'re both in the wrong; but if you\'ve got nothing but positive comments one negative comment can really go wrong. You\'ve got to have a balance.

I\'m considering it my fault for thinking I could get away with rebalancing the parts people already liked, and expecting people to actually give a shit about my mediocre models and textures.

They\'re not bad. I do appreciate the spirit of the parts. Don\'t quite understand what everybody\'s getting their knickers in a twist about.

We lost Civility the moment when people started to accuse part makers with a bit of an attitude problem for having fans that are sucking cock

I don\'t know about you but myself, you, and a few others still seem pretty civil about this. Nobody\'s mudslinging (to an extent), flaming, etc.

It was seeing Nova\'s pack that made me learn how to mod for this game, if it was not for him i might have not ventured forth.

I guess what i am trying to say is stop telling him what he can and cannot do, the only way people get better at something is to keep doing it, not suppressing it.

/endrant

I could be mistaken, but I do not recall anyone specifically telling Nova what, or what not to do. I don\'t believe anyone is unthankful for his parts, per se. Most of the negative comments I have witnessed seemed to be regarding aggression towards other users where it isn\'t warranted.

/endrant

Fucking this. A millions times this.

Cut the guy some slack.

This thread is for the discussion of Nova\'s contribution to the community. If people can\'t stay on topic or resort to personal attacks, there will be consequences.

Which is exactly what we\'re doing.

This thread is for the discussion of Nova\'s contribution to the community. If people can\'t stay on topic or resort to personal attacks, there will be consequences.

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Forum Moderator

People are giving feedback but in a very agressive manner. i think these threads are not merely here for saying thanks. but also pointing out things they don\'t like.

Just behave ppl. stay nice.

Gosh folks, why can\'t we just be civil?

I hope we learn from this. Thanks skunk in any case for being ontop of it.

Hey nova, Thanks for all your hard work. I really appreciate what you\'re doing.

Any plans for something like a Space station?

I hope we learn from this. Thanks skunk in any case for being ontop of it.

Hey nova, Thanks for all your hard work. I really appreciate what you\'re doing.

Any plans for something like a Space station?

Check his spacestation concept thread.