[v1.2]KSP - Silisko Edition

NovaSilisko

well that dosent impact my life, I knew he would leave for good

If I didn\'t feel like I owed it to the community to make things for KSP, you can bet I would leave for good. And you would only have people such as yourself to thank.

Actually, you\'d like that, wouldn\'t you?

If I didn\'t feel like I owed it to the community to make things for KSP, you can bet I would leave for good. And you would only have people such as yourself to thank.

I wouldn\'t, it was seeing your pack that made me learn to mod for KSP.

I have to second Foamy\'s sentiment here. Your parts have, for the longest time, made KSP worthwhile for me. With stock parts... yeah, it\'s kinda fun, but you can\'t really do anything interesting with so few components. It\'s your work that really makes the game shine. I\'d hate to see you go.

well that dosent impact my life, I knew he would leave for good

I don\'t see why you chose to share that, given that nobody cares what you think.

You really don\'t owe the community anything. Other people are perfectly capable of making parts themselves. Now, please, stop being a drama queen and grow up a little.

Edit:

Sorry if I came across as an ass. I just wanted to make a point.

You really don\'t owe the community anything. Other people are perfectly capable of making parts themselves. Now, please, stop being a drama queen and grow up a little.

Edit:

If the point is that you\'re an unsympathetic ass, you succeeded magnificently. Aside from that, however...

Edit:

I don\'t even understand...

I said I feel like I owe it to the community to make parts, I want to GIVE to the community because I CARE about it. Jesus fucking christ, you\'re making me regret coming back.

Guest Flixxbeatz

Edit:

kid-minded individual inbound

Btw, welcome back nova! ;)

I see I made a mistake with that post. I would like to apologize if I offended anyone, specifically Nova, and sorry for misinterpreting your post. It was not my intention to make an ass of myself or offend you but I see I underestimated the community\'s admiration of you and have succeeded in doing just that. I hope we can put this behind us and get along.

Not wanting to read through a flame war to find out if what I\'m about to say has already been said, here goes.

The pack is quite good (having just looked into the pack, myself), but I have a problem with nearly every engine being gimbaled, as this causes the ships to shake apart on launch if the SAS is engaged.

I also wonder if the maximum angle of allowed vectoring is too severe, seeing as any adjustments made in flight shake parts loose and over-adjust consistantly.

It seems that many of the engines are not even at their base, seeing as many of them will rock when on the pad (particularly Large Bertha).

Excellent mod! I love most of the parts, but ships just tend to shake themselves apart or destroy themselves completely, all too often.

Not wanting to read through a flame war to find out if what I\'m about to say has already been said, here goes.

The pack is quite good (having just looked into the pack, myself), but I have a problem with nearly every engine being gimbaled, as this causes the ships to shake apart on launch if the SAS is engaged.

I also wonder if the maximum angle of allowed vectoring is too severe, seeing as any adjustments made in flight shake parts loose and over-adjust consistantly.

It seems that many of the engines are not even at their base, seeing as many of them will rock when on the pad (particularly Large Bertha).

Excellent mod! I love most of the parts, but ships just tend to shake themselves apart or destroy themselves completely, all too often.

ASAS leaves much to be desired right now - it\'s so much of a hassle to get it working for one size of rocket, and if you do so it makes it useless for any other type... I just fly everything manually and use ASAS for upper stages.

ASAS leaves much to be desired right now - it\'s so much of a hassle to get it working for one size of rocket, and if you do so it makes it useless for any other type... I just fly everything manually and use ASAS for upper stages.

Not to hijack, but it is for exactly this reason that I made a range of ASAS parts. You should generally be able to find one that covers the rocket you want to use it on.

I\'ve often wanted to use non-gimballed versions of your engines in challenges, though. I mean, I can clone them and remove the gimballing myself, but that\'s not really legit for the challenges, you know?

Not to hijack, but it is for exactly this reason that I made a range of ASAS parts. You should generally be able to find one that covers the rocket you want to use it on.

I\'ve often wanted to use non-gimballed versions of your engines in challenges, though. I mean, I can clone them and remove the gimballing myself, but that\'s not really legit for the challenges, you know?

I just wish we could tweak the ASAS ourselves with a simple slider instead of having to have a dozen parts for all situations...

I just wish we could tweak the ASAS ourselves with a simple slider instead of having to have a dozen parts for all situations...

That\'d be nice, yeah. Or one that ignored mass and just went off of rotational velocity, so\'s you could just add more CA to the thing if it couldn\'t keep it steady.

But, as we have neither... =/

Guest LoSboccacc

That\'d be nice, yeah. Or one that ignored mass and just went off of rotational velocity, so\'s you could just add more CA to the thing if it couldn\'t keep it steady.

But, as we have neither... =/

won\'t work*. the only real option is that right click -> set multiplier for control input

*can\'t remember why, but it had it\'s own set of problem. I\'ve found this

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=4572.msg53581#msg53581

of harvester talking about that, but there were more elaborate posts around.

edit: my guess is that it was erring on the other side: too slow in reaction to keep larger ship on course.

Even during manual flight, engines in this pack seem to cause unwanted rotation, and when I decouple my second to final stage on a rather simple rocket, I get launched into an irreversable vertical flip until I drop the section. This is both with and without any version of SAS. I\'ll run more tests and take notes on exactly which parts cause these issues.

Personally I kinda like the setup we have going here... HarvesteR and the rest of his divine team focuses on making the game, while the mod community, especially this pack and packs like it, supply parts. Of course, it might not be optimal for the 'No Mods' crowd, but that\'s their choice :P

(EDIT: This in response to the guy above me)