Inside SS Discovery's cockpit

dom.stb

I'm glad you guys like it. I've been geeking out alot about NASA since the little tidbits that people like Scott Manley throw into their videos are so fascinating. It's nice looking around and seeing things we recognize in KSP like RCS switches and the Navballs and things.

I think that Canada section is indeed the control of the robotic arms that lift the payload out of Discovery's massive cargo bay. You can see a bit of the cargo bay through the window I think (just guessing though, I may be wrong).

If you want to play with those buttons try playing Space Shuttle Mission Simulator 2007. Its extremely accurate. I got to the point where I could do a complete mission almost without help finding the buttons and typing in the keyboard codes. That and the launches/reentry/landings were great in the sim but the satellite orbit ops were the down side - trying to get a satellite into the bay with the arm took me ages and ages and in the end stopped being fun. So I never got any further into the sim to try to dock with the space station etc. But if you are into very detailed sims try this game.

Wow... One wrong move... A sneeze maybe and your bumping the eject switch lol.

Don't forget that shuttle is transported to launch pad vertically and stays like that when astronauts get in their seats.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.