What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

After some .... issues i spent countless hours and reloads to get it fixed, was too much work in that career to just abandon the save.

So i unlinked all that i could when i got a load without explosions and other weird stuff going on and carefully reconnected all the modules.

After that was done i finally could go on with the planned program. Illustrations below ;)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've got contracts to explore Duna (that 4 part contract with achieving orbit, sending data, landing and sanding surface data), to explore Ike and to put a satellite in specific orbit around Duna, so I have started with designing of crafts that will achieve that mission. This is small probe that will do the landing on Duna part

r5Qn99g.jpg

It will be attached on top of a larger probe which will first be inserted in specific orbit to complete that contract and then divert to Ike to complete exploration contract.

WOOHOO! I have always had an issue with my shuttles. I could never seem to get them back to the KSC, usually having to put in on the continent before I get there or ditch in the ocean beyond. I finally got a build that worked...though it was a little squirrely at hypersonic speeds as well as at trans-sonic speeds, she did well and turned out to have an excellent glide plane, only losing about 5000 meters of altitude (from 14km to 9km over the entirety of the last continent. I actually had to nose her in and dump altitude over the grasslands east of the mountain range and made most of the final to the KSC at about 500 meters altitude on level flight with only 1/3 throttle on the little 20 thrust RCS motors. All in all, she flys like a dream at low speeds and lands at about 80 m/s.

VgQcMd.png

This was a few days ago, but I feel like mentioning it now: 151-minmus.png There's a larger module in orbit with more fuel and an NTR to take them back to Kerbin. As it turned out, on the way home they misdocked with (crashed into) my LKO station, which - to my astonishment - destroyed said larger module, the station's spare fuel tanks and leftover engines, and... nothing else.

Spent some time working on a third FAR craft. Got hit by the symmetry bug - it put my main wings in radial symmetry and refused to switch it to mirror symmetry, so the thing had no roll control. I was quite annoyed...

Back to the Mun. Sent 3 rookies to do a multi-mission: Orbit science, plant a flag and a surface survey. The first was done easily enough. As for the other two: landed 2 klicks from the nearest survey site and planted the flag. Things went wrong when the rover was decoupled from the lander and landed upside down. Boblong has a long walk ahead of him to the three survey sites.

I have finished design of craft that will go to Duna for my (at least I hope) 1st successful mission to the body outside Kerbin SOI. Payload inside fairing is made up of 5 parts, top to the bottom:

1. Ike lander

2. Duna lander

3. Satellite with thermometer and materials bay for specific orbit contract

4. Heatshield for aerobraking

5. Transfer stage

Sorry for bad quality picture

oxccuG0.png

Transfer window is coming in about 20 days so I still may upgrade solar panels if I manage to unlock better ones.