What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Finally made the jump from 1.0.5 to 1.1.3. Built a simple rocket and launched. First off, it has apparently been longer than I thought since I went to orbit on my own (no MJ). Embarrassed to admit after the first stage finished I said out loud, "Why isn't it staging?"  I was frantically looking at my staging knowing it was right, the it hit me. D'oh you have to hit the spacebar. What a maroon. Revert. Next launch forgot SAS. Revert. Next launch not enough electric to power SAS. Revert. Next launch much success and a perfect ocean landing. Grabbed MJ and MJ Embedded. Launched a few more times to make sure all is working. Haven't pushed it yet but liking this version a lot so far. 

26 minutes ago, Riton Lafouine said:

and what science instruments does it carries ? Nice idea to have a dedicated subassembly for this

Thermometer, seismometer, barometer, Mystery Goo™ container, and a magnetometer from Dmagic Orbital Science.

6 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Finally made the jump from 1.0.5 to 1.1.3. Built a simple rocket and launched. First off, it has apparently been longer than I thought since I went to orbit on my own (no MJ). Embarrassed to admit after the first stage finished I said out loud, "Why isn't it staging?"  I was frantically looking at my staging knowing it was right, the it hit me. D'oh you have to hit the spacebar. What a maroon. Revert. Next launch forgot SAS. Revert. snip. 

I've never automated with MJ, but was still forgetting all the time to turn on SAS (usually didn't notice until things started going way wrong, occasionally I could recover and keep going).  The other thing is I do some quick edit, launch and then discover the part I just added fouled up my staging, I really wish the VAB could be a little smarter about where it auto-places things in the staging list (like why would I want launch towers near the top, pretty much always going to want them in my bottom stage).  So my solution is use this sticky notes program works really well, it seems to always keep the notes visible no matter what (until you close them), very handy for check-lists and other day to day uses.  I know there is a notes mod but this program acts like it is part of any program and just simply works well and works no mater what version of KSP you have.

31 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Are you sure Mechjeb is what's missing here?

That made me smile. In my defense I just wanted to get a look at the new version but yeah in my haste I went a little too minimalistic. I promise I pay more attention once I start most missions.

9 minutes ago, kBob said:

So my solution is use this sticky notes program

Ah, but then how would I remember to open sticky notes? :) 

5 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

Well once you create one it will stay there until you remove it even between boots.  Just make the stickynotes program automatically start up every time you boot.  I just pinned it to my task bar and start it before starting KSP, so it then is only one thing to remember taking the place of a bunch, off course good pilot practice is to always use you check lists :wink:.  You can change the color and transparency and size so it just sits in a corner when you don't need it.  The mod for this might be better integrated it just depends on taste :).

I opened KSP for the first time in about a year and started a new career. I've been reading about the changes in the last couple updates and I'm extremely impressed how SQUAD's been handling bugs and features. Excited to see how performance is improved by Unity 5 as well.

Good job SQUAD. :3

1 hour ago, Red Shirt said:

Set your desktop background to white with the words "OPEN STICKY NOTES" in big black letters. Also fill your desktop with empty folders named "OPEN STICKY NOTES". And rename all parts in your KSP directory to "OPEN STICKY NOTES" and change the descriptions to "OPEN STICKY NOTES" and get Chatterer to play a recording of you saying "OPEN STICKY NOTES" replacing every default Chatterer sound. 

The rescue mission to Duna is assembled, I just need to fuel it up now and I can rescue Milzy and Tetrid.

P3pD6Vi.png

The Duna Exploration Spacecraft 2 (DES 2), or the Phantasmagoria, is based off of the original DES, and has the same amount of fuel and thrust, but twice as much crew capacity and is ~25-30 tons lighter. It will intercept the DES around Duna and rescue Tetrid and Milzy, then complete its mission of exploring Duna. I'm thinking about launching a one-way fuel tank with it just to make sure they have enough to return.

13 hours ago, kraden said:

Are those drills attached inside of a cargo bay? I'd love to see the whole ship if possible :)

PGy1eDml.png
Drills inside two of the bays, refinery and an nuclear reactor from mod in the two others, 
Nose is for Laythe operations, streamlining air brakes and parachutes and fuel to compensate. It will be left for Tylo landings. 

Crew and science module can be undocked and used on other crafts not sure if this will be used outside for transporting it. 
BI57P4Vl.png
Broken i two to balance a small part workshop, 

3 minutes ago, magnemoe said:

PGy1eDml.png
Drills inside two of the bays, refinery and an nuclear reactor from mod in the two others, 
Nose is for Laythe operations, streamlining air brakes and parachutes and fuel to compensate. It will be left for Tylo landings. 

Crew and science module can be undocked and used on other crafts not sure if this will be used outside for transporting it. 
BI57P4Vl.png
Broken i two to balance a small part workshop, 

I like it a lot! Very clever! :)

1 hour ago, kraden said:

I like it a lot! Very clever! :)

Thanks, it worked far better than expected, even SSTO on kerbin if marginal. Require some braking on Laythe as it have no heat shields.
Plan is to top up tanks on Bop or Pol, an LV-N tug takes it and spare fuel to Laythe or Tylo where it land and do some suborbital jumps if possible. If it return to orbit it has to be refueled before landing again. 

On 25 juin 2016 at 2:47 AM, magnemoe said:

What mod do you use? Falcon 9 legs, but the upper stage is new, is it an heat shield on it? 

On 24 juin 2016 at 7:03 PM, gilflo said:

Project Voyager: send on one launch 11 Kerbals on Eve, together in a big vessel.
It's a vacation tour. After landing they will be waiting a MK2 style aircraft for 10 passengers to travel around Eve.
The launch from Eve will be sent on a 100 km orbit for fly refueling before departure to Kerbin.
Here is Voyager, rated to reach a 100km Eve Orbit from a minimum launch altitude of 650m 
829120screenshot358.png

On 24 juin 2016 at 7:03 PM, gilflo said:

Project Voyager: send on one launch 11 Kerbals on Eve, together in a big vessel.
It's a vacation tour. After landing they will be waiting a MK2 style aircraft for 10 passengers to travel around Eve.
The launch from Eve will be sent on a 100 km orbit for fly refueling before departure to Kerbin.
Here is Voyager, rated to reach a 100km Eve Orbit from a minimum launch altitude of 650m 
829120screenshot358.png

Hello,

take a look at his mod for the pod

Legs are from SpaceY mod

So I started a new game (fresh install and everything) and decidedto do it right and make a table of mods and which ones need updating details about them etc. (can you tell I'm procrastinating from revision) then had to check they're working with 1.1.3 (which not all of them are but still plenty oftime till exams are over!) 

Built a large civilian space station

xcDjxHb.jpg

Built a small science station

esiivZZ.jpg

And tried some early career mode things (not very interesting to look at as we all do this...)

qHxjte9.jpg

Found TAC has an issue atm so deinstalled it

vSSDZMI.jpg

isooIiW.jpg

vIvWeqV.jpg

Some weird stuff:

Climbing the flagpole next to the launchpad and doing an EVA Report, I'm told I'm flying lol. Eh, the flag is flying... not me.
a2F5jKl.png

Equally weird, falling from the top of that same flagpole and landing splat on its base - causes it to explode and burn.
mrK690l.png

Attempting to jump up (Spacebar) on the base debris, launched me over to the Runway where I landed splat again - only this time Jeb went Poof! on landing. :confused:

Edited by LordFerret
Can't spell/type.

Decided to do a fresh install of KSP with only the KER mod and play "classic" KSP again. The interplanetary monsters I built recently took more time to design than to fly, I missed the simpler times.

Did a Mun landing in a very basic craft in my fresh science save, I forgot how much fun it's to fly smaller more basic rockets. ^_^

20160626191753_1_zps7g6ub9nr.jpg

Jeb seems to thrive on moons rather than planets:

20160626212006_1_zps22240jqf.jpg

For the past few days I have tried to keep a fairly low profile here on the forum. I've become disheartened as I have read the insults being frequently thrown by some modders against those of us who use CKAN... Let's just say that if I had not so much time and effort involved in this forum...

Anyhow, I've been tinkering around with @Fengist's updated Maritime Mod pack, been building some submarines and some surface ships. I decided that since I still use the old crew capsules and always try and aim at the ocean to the south east of the KSC, I would make a surface ship capable of recovering the capsules.  Hence, the newest (and largest) ship I've created to this date, the URKN Harvester Kerman, hull number 22 (since the version I bought from the Steam store was .22). The pictures show the evolution of the ship's design and her joining the other two ships that currently make up the extent of the Kerman fleet.

If you'd like to know how to put two different (or in the case of this project, three separate image files) on a single craft, please visit this thread I've put together, including the links to the two mods you will need to download.

The larger hulls in the basic Maritime Mod pack were created by using Tweakscale. I found it easier to lay out the entire hull, then right clicking on the root hull piece. This will allow you to resize all the hull pieces attached to it at one time. It is a lot easier than trying to resize each hull piece separately. 

Edited by adsii1970

Decided to build a recoverable satellite launcher/ crew transfer vehicle...

Ground tests held out

TXB1oi4.jpg

Next build a booster (early career so it's a bit lumpy, later models will be cooler to look at

toKcqdN.jpg

1ZG8p8a.jpg

1VDjg8f.jpg

This one is loaded with science instruments for return

QnrCnBD.jpg

RWZ1jhn.jpg

Built a probe for the Kerbin system, science is needed for munar programs!

6t2yaXv.jpg

Finally Icarus 1 proved I don't understand remote tech very well, since it lost communicationshortly after leaving the system, but the booster loked great anyway!!

9iUSFoc.jpg

Edited by Kertech

i tried to get KSP 1.1.2 working on my computer. No luck. I've set all the settings to low but still, no luck. Gave up.

Sent three mapping probes to Minmus, sent up a station part with my KSTS. Then I decided to start a new career mode. The beginnings of career modes are easy, yet sometimes hard... :confused:

Edited by FlyingCola
Spelling