What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Ok... remembered one of my favorite scifi anime series when i was a kid and simply could not resist... does anyone recognize this ship?

5gfvK33.png

zkv5ui7.png

77yJ5EZ.png

I needed to hack gravity to get it off the ground, but it was fun anyway :). I loved that series...

Ok... remembered one of my favorite scifi anime series when i was a kid and simply could not resist... does anyone recognize this ship?

http://i.imgur.com/5gfvK33.png

http://i.imgur.com/zkv5ui7.png

http://i.imgur.com/77yJ5EZ.png

I needed to hack gravity to get it off the ground, but it was fun anyway :). I loved that series...

O.M.F.G! Captain Future! Capitán Futuro here in Latin America, and I know this ship as "La Nave Cometa", what´s its english name?

Capitaine.jpg

Edited by Wooks

Was setting up my 3rd Minmus landing on my Career game ... this time with the plan of landing near one of the poles. Got the Hoffman transfar done with Mechjeb (yeah yeah, cheater). Looking at the projected flyby of Minmus I place a node just at the start of being in Minmus SOI ... put it in Alarm Clock ... fast forward, alarm clock takes me out, I go to click on Alarm Clock and accidently fast forward ... oops ... get it back down to 1x speed in time to notice I'm like 100m off the ground and falling fast lol Jeb's little face is looks as terrified as mine ... go to reload the Quicksave I did just after the hoffman and oooooooops ... hit F5

reload several times, finger on SHIFT and W hoping I can somehow fire the engines and nose up enough to save my 2nd stage and lander to no avail ... BOOOM dead Jeb 10 out of 10 tries :P

O.M.F.G! Captain Future! Capitán Futuro here in Latin America, and I know this ship as "La Nave Cometa", what´s its english name?

I dont know the exact english name, but it was called "Komet" in german. The series name wasnt changed in german tv so it was just "Captain Future".

I watched the series, collected the comics and read all the books, Edmond Hamilton wrote back in the 1940s... and i recently got myself a copy of the original tv series... it still catches me... and the awesome soundtrack...

I started putting together a colony ship. I've got the engine/reactor/bridge, habitation/science and heatshield (okay, it's just there to look pretty) modules up, but I need to add some droptanks so that it's actually got enough dV to complete a braking burn - I should be able to minimize the amount of burning needed with a little bit of creative warping, but I don't want to do that too much, as LFO is cheaper than antimatter, after all.

MdluqiZ.jpg

jK4rBXG.jpg

mGpP2B2.jpg

Does this count?

hG7NuHq.png

Other than that, I'm waiting for my Eeloo transfer window, but according to KAC, the time I should burn will need over 2km/s and it's a sloppy intercept when I get there (not to mention it's also apparently the perfect time for a Jool mission so I have to avoid that on the way, which'll be difficult.. Debating what to do - do I go to Jool? Fuel getting there won't be a problem, it's getting back. I have a refuelling drone following me, but I think rendezvousing in the Joolian system would be hard (I've only ever sent tiny little probes at once there)..

Amongst other things, I built a bomb.

13883519085_764ddbfc02_c.jpg

Weighs just over 4 tons and has enough force to lift a full orange tank off the ground. Which compared to real bombs is absolute rubbish, but it's what I've got.

You win precisely zero internets for guessing what I'm planning on doing with it.

Labeled the Fifth Munar Landing Sixth Munar Landing ... also overshot the canyon due to weaker engines than I thought and had to land in the East Farside Crater instead. Luckily this also has not been visited/scienced yet. Returned the lander to orbit and docked with the command module. Guys will stay a few days for further observation.

Had to check in on the Mobile Miner, its Minmus encounter got kerbed up somehow - brought it to a soft landing ... on the last piece of slope next to the Greater Flats ... fired up the engines and moved about 100 m further into the flats ...

I started a new career, just, well, because. 1 Suborbital launch, and 1 orbital launch (12 of the beginner tanks all stacked vertically) was able to get me Sci-Jr and Mystery Goo. 1 vertical launch with 2 Good pods and a Sci-Jr to get above 250km or whatever the magic number is. The 4th launch was a Munar orbit, landing and return with 2 mystery Goo containers, 1 Sc Jr, 1 Thermometer. I was running low on fuel, and so the return launch was near horizontal in the Mun's retrograde orbit. Got a Kerbin periapsis of 28km, and I landed back on Kerbin, upright, in the grasslands, with 72dV to spare.

After 4 launches, almost half the tree is completed.

Captured two asteroids, a B and a D. Went to move the first one into Minmus orbit to use as a space station, then looked up to see that, despite being captured in an orbit roughly around the same distance from Kerbin as the Mun last time I checked, the D had been flung out into interstellar space. Yeah, don't think I'll be getting that one back.

B-B-B-Boom

>Snip<

Umm I think something broke......For fun you might want to see if you could use a claw to grab all the pieces LOL (FYI I am a bit sleep deprived so this sounds completely plausible!)

Today I captured my first asteroid. It was a size B. That was the uneventful part.

1024x768.resizedimage

The FUN part was when my four drogue chutes deployed (at 5000 feet) the thing tore to pieces. The arm stayed in the asteroid, the engines went flying, and my pod was left to plummet to it's doom.

I did what every brave kerbal does, ABANDON SHIP! I pointed the pod downward, eva'd both Bill and Jeb at 3200 feet, they miraculously survived due to a healthy dose of landing on your head. The best part was, i had 8 radial chutes attached to the arm, so the asteroid landed safely too!

I posted a derp I derped earlier today, but in more serious news, I finally did a successful practice redirect of the Practiceteroid, rendezvousing with it, klawing it, EVAing to rehearse for sampling the real asteroid(s), and then playing with its orbit a bit to simulate redirecting it (as it was already in a stable elliptical orbit).

screen61.jpg screen62.jpg

I constructed a long range aircraft to see the sights of Kerbin. Mountains, deserts, the poles, it was very relaxing.

I also have a returning Duna mission inbound, and have a pair of Kerbals exploring Vall for the first time. Its been a fun few days :)