What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today I D/Led an interplanetary ship in order to learn some more about the game and try rovering for the first time. Sent Jeb, Bill and Bob on a shakedown run to the Mun as practice for a later Duna attempt. In Mun orbit, transferred Jeb and Bill to the lander, decoupled, started the descent and landed nicely about a kilometre from a deep, spectacular looking crater. Jeb and Bill got onto the rover and headed for the crater to do some sight-seeing. About 200 metres from the crater lip they parked the rover in a handy depression so it would not roll away. Jeb got out and walked to the very lip of the crater and sure enough, the view was spectacular. He called Bill to join him with the rover. Bill underestimated the braking distance on the rover and went over the edge. The cliff was very steep and the rover tumbled madly. I could not release Bill from the seat and soon the rover blew up and disintegrated. Bill finished up lying on his side still attached to just the seat. I could not revive him no matter what I tried. Bill was dead. With a heavy heart Jeb turn away from the crater, activated his jet pack and headed back to the lander. he had lost all interest in Munar exploring.

I also messed about with Interstellar...

VTOL? Nice idea, I didn't thought about it. I've tried to build sci-fi style spaceships. Sort of spaceplanes, you know... Had some sucsess witl AM reactor-plasma engine configuraton. Gonna post some screenshots later, if anyone feel curious about it...

Today I performed a Munar landing, with a ~9 ton payload (including a break-dancing Jeep xD) while finding out exactly what my regular mid-range Venera is best suited for ;o) (next flight - Minmus)

r2dphHQ.png

KHUN4Xl.png

And I visited my Laythe colony, to replace 2 crew members.

qKXPYth.png

1PDdSad.png

7onfYQO.png

JnAiPWG.png

Unfortunately, I wasted too much fuel for the inclination burn on the Jool transfer, so visiting Duna after that is probably a bad idea... Should have waited for the zero inclination transfer like I did the 1st time... :^[

Edited by Overfloater

I learned exactly why fuel lines and subassemblies are an untrustworthy pair. Now I have a fully fueled Ike lander with an engine that doesn't work.

Edit: And my probe around Bop apparently crashed while I wasn't looking. Dangerous little moon to leave things in low orbit around.

Edited by ayana

In about an hour, I:

Tested Delta Clipper SSTO design(cargo in these shrouds):

SRPfTHp.png

Tested universal glider(gliding over mountains with no input, even SAS)

WA9wmLA.png

This counts as air-to-air refueling, right?

CGRCuZx.png

Land on VAB horizontally

rlCszuK.png

Shoot KSC with tungsten rod:

yGkVD5M.png

I found an E class Asteroid entering Kerbals SOI. It had a Kerbin periapsis of 103k. I launched a huge grabber, put it circular, matched inclination and made a capture burn to intercept at Periapsis. I mistimed the burn and missed the asteroid by 150,000 KM.

I am disappoint.

Started a new career save in ARM, and got to Heavy Rocketry node. Sent a Mun mission, got there with about 3/4 of the tank left. So, I tried to land, failed, and had to end a mission that took me several hours to fabricate.

Later, I attempted to make a rocket for grabbing asteroids, failed that too. this time, it couldn't get off the ground.

Needs more struts.

Today, Bill, Bob and Jeb encountered a total kerbol - munar eclipse during the maiden flight of the new OSV Mk. II Orbital Servive Vehicle.

5xaeovh.png

Jeb was a little overwhelmed it seems...

g9g7RAW.png

And the new designed craft i originally wanted to show of:

3f0JsLK.png

h9gtAQ6.png

I began my Space Station, Kerbal Station One, and launched a lab, poser section and some nodes, all using the regular clamp-o-tron.

I see that lining up your modules is critical when adding another with it's own solar panels.

Also, fuel, as well.

Finally got the thread for my current career up in the Mission Reports section. Right now I'm putting the equipment for my first manned Minmus landing of this save through testing before launching the actual mission.

Whelp, I tried to change the inclination of my new little asteroid base. I have learned my lessons: 1.) If you want to build a space tug, you need a probe core at either end in order execute maneuver nodes. 2.) When orienting the ship make sure you are pointing directly away from the center of mass or terrible things will happen. 3.) It doesn't matter how many NERV engines you toss on there, you don't have enough to make a soft asteroid landing. 4.) No matter what, I must never be allowed into the real NASA Asteroid program.

Pictures!

0C376BDB99691F1480A2D627B807F1BC21B3DDB6

Stop flexing you oversized space spud!

452728BC1527908C7C43877990E1CFED9E4E902C

"Oops?! What do you mean oops?"

EDCD470BC90CBBDEB706D1B7E5D26AE4B4B004A8

Brakes!

I modded the config file for the Port-a-Hatch and made it attachable using KAS. I also increased its Kerbal capacity to 15 Kerbals. I then attached it to my asteroid station orbiting Kerbin. I can now make believe the Kerbals hollowed out the asteroid to make it into a station. All I have to do now is add some docking ports and the asteroid station will be complete.

Finally did the Mun flyby in my cheap science mission. Now to work out the course correction for the Eve encounter, and sort the gravity assist off that. It looks like I definitely won't make Moho with a single Eve assist, so I get the extra challenge of lining things up for a second pass without waiting ages.

Then I can get on with some asteroid deflection. I've got one due to impact in about 17 days, I'd prefer if it didn't.