What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I proudly present, a product of SpaceM Munar Systems, the Minmus-Area Natural resource Gathering Independent Apparatus, or MANGIA.

CzkOyIC.png

Its duty: to realize the ancient Kerbal dream of eating Minmus.

Also, I completed getting the Nastybird shuttle up to post-1.0 spec, and its been going well!

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by moogoob

I am investigating Jebs obvious crazyness:

IGJw0gS.jpg

"JEB... JEEEEEEEEB..."

2TKAKWF.jpg

"What? Dont ask me how many engines have been hanging around here before... me no engineer."

Edited by Mikki
crazy typo:D

Added the newest ship to my career-mode fleet, a shiny Jool-Class Long Endurance Tug, which was placed into orbit on top of the Thor Heavy Lift Booster. This tug is essentially a re-tooling of the previous Duna-Class Interplanetary Tug, of which three are currently in use servicing Duna and Eve. This was accomplished by replacing the RE-L10 "Poodle" engine with four LV-N "Nerv" NTRs, re-routing the fuels lines, adding four large radiators, and spacing the fragile parts from the craft to avoid overheating. The Jool-Class LET can sustain a full-throttle 31-minute burn with all four engines, emptying its tanks, without ill effects, making it the premier next-generation tug for our space program.

Both the new Jool-Class and the old Duna-Class can push 18 tons of payload to their destination and return to Kerbin, sans payload, without subjecting the craft to the potentially damaging effects of aerocapture.

(requires Stock Fuel Switch, which really should be stock.)

am on my first career mode in 1.x, havent played for month, got my first science probe to the mun...

realized I forgot a communotron, and didn't put any parachutes on it for return...

I am honstely thinking about sending a kerbal there to gather all this science personally....

I put a scanning satellite, using the SCANsat mod, into the Jool system to map out possible landing sites on some of the local bodies. Managed to grab a nice looking shot, too!

oxY2Ebs.png

Val took a night flight to the far side of Kerbin, found yet another obelisk and landed on a mountain to inspect it. All in a nights work. Back at KSC before sunrise to blast off for a Mün flyby and satellite deployment. Did a very hot reentry, managed to burn almost all my ablator(1.2/40 remaining) returning only the capsule and 250p worth of science.

Janica Kerman got to take a trip around Kerbin with Jeb.

"Hey guys! Yep, it's me, Jan, just back from the most... awesome... day... ever! I got to go on a trip around Kerbin with none other than Jebediah himself! How cool is that! Check it out!

When we got back to KSC, I got to meet Valentina too! I told her when I grow up I want to be just like her and go into space!"

Added the hab module to the Kerbin permanent station. Pushed it back into its proper circular orbit that was messed up when the ship dropping of construction parts ignited the engines for retro burn thus tossing the parts spinning into prograde orbit.

Landed the first part of a mun base in the polar crater. Found a fairly flat place there. Will need habitation, fuel and science portions of that to get paid for the contract.

Cleaned up the mess of debris left from many launches around the local kerbin system.

Did the ultimate kerbin 3 contract yesterday. The return landing was about as useful as that probe that crashed in the utah desert several years back, but it still counted.

Got ninja-punched by the kraken while I was orbiting Tylo. Seriously, I was just timewarping in orbit around Tylo doing SCANsat and being in map mode when out of nowhere BOOM, my ships everything exploded from overheating all at once.

I have absolutely no idea how it happened.

screenshot65_zpsjdcjkxta.png

More tourists - survey missions above Mun and first Mun landing in this new save, Jeb got stranded in Munar orbit afterwards - tourists and rescue operations with one ship at Kerbin - Munar tourist and rescue and Jeb pickup mission coming up, got 2.5m engines at last - and always carrying science whenever possible as well as landed part tests.

Where is my "Explore Minmus" contract, I already got the one for Duna ... :P

My first modding foray.

Be Cool Stock Nuke https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/813/Be%20Cool%20Stock%20Nuke

Uses mod manager to add a surface mountable Nuke, this means you can make a cluster that conducts it heat into the fuel tank / heat sink - thrust for longer.

Also three sizes of 'Just Liquid Fuel' tanks based on the classic Orange tank.

It's as stock as it can be. Oxidizer and Liquid Fuel have the same density - so the big orange tank holds 6400 Liquid Fuel. The only Nuke change is the name and it's surface mount-ability.

Landed my first Duna probe in my 1.0 career:

LqPgarK.jpg?1

Never said it was an impressive probe, but it did land (admittedly upside down) and return data from the surface, so good enough for the Explore Duna contract.

On my Interstellar mission, I parked up on my final destination, and made a satellite. :P

dsh.jpg

Though I've had to resort to hyperedit, as conics and SOI seems to have started to bug out a lot (was causing CTD originally, not just fails to change SOI and leaves me in solar orbits. :( ).

Well, yesterday I built the Staging Sequence, a small pub in orbit around Kerbin.

http://i.imgur.com/6tWtrvG.png

Turned out to be a pretty succesful first post at r/kerbalspaceprogram.

:cool: Excellent!

Today I brought back Munmy Kerman from the Mun after he spent nearly a year in solitary retreat looking for the meaning of life. He came back as clueless as he left. But the mun has no secret for him now.

KSP_ScienceMun.jpg