What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Tried to replicate Zarya spacecraft (designed for use with Zenit rocket). It's a large reusable capsule with rocket-powered landing system.

Unfortunately, my computer decided it doesn't want to cooperate today and hanged up on me in the middle of the process.

I spent yesterday engineering a Duna orbital station with reusable lander. This being the first manned mission outside Kerbin SOI, I was pretty surprised how big a Duna "round trip" lander is, and how much fuel you need to resupply it. I will not do ISRU first time, as I feel it takes something from the achievement. A companion ship will carry 5 tourists who will eventually supply most of the 800 000 funds launch cost, borrowing the lander for amusement trips. 

This also means that most of today was spent constructing a suitable booster for a 200 T interplanetary. Many different approaches where tried, but in the end I got a solution: First stage is a Mammoth on two large Kerbodyne tanks, surrounded by 6 liquid boosters of two oranges and three Vectors. The boosters feed in asperagus, but not the center stage, if it is full when the last booster sperate, TWR is far to low for ascent. On top of that is one Rhino flanked by four Vectors, this stage makes circularisation a breeze. 

Testing so far seems good, hope I can launch tonight.

Added ENBS to make KSP look extra-nice. It took me a while until I tweaked EVE's clouds to not burn into solid white, and to nudge Scatterer ocean to look pretty with it. I'd show you how cool it looks, but it appears the changes doesn't make it into screenshots. And my potato can't handle a recording software besides all the above.

But it's pretty.

screenshot8_1.png

Did this , at my first ever attempt at docking ( read a load of stuff an scoured youtube for tips though ) .

Two more things to do , 1) Land on the Mun , 2) Return from the Mun with all me Kerbals still alive .

3) Erm oh yeah forgot , finally start a Career in KSP :lol:

Edited by Puggonaut 2
Crap Grammar on my Part , as usual

6 hours ago, Kerbin vonKerbal said:

2016-02-06_00015_zpsrnnyfrkk.jpg

Forgot to add parachutes to my suborbital tourist module.

On the bright side, they won't be in any position to ask for refunds. ;)

I've been trying to fix a problem where my latest iteration of Winged Gemini falls apart upon splashdown, catapulting the now parachuteless crew compartment into the air at incredible speeds. I think I have some clipped parts that don't like being clipped, and this is how they're getting their revenge.

AS-1077_zpslvvczvkq.jpgAlmost home. Splashdown in seconds.

AS-1078_zpsegxyckkn.jpg
Well, maybe not. Note the times.

Edited by SSgt Baloo

Well I finally finished my new bigger station and launched it today. Its extremely laggy.... I have a picture shortly after launch.... the in orbit picture will probably have to wait until tomorrow.... it's climbing at a respectable speed (currently 100m/s) in gametime... but in real time, it's getting about 3 meters per frame, and a frame every second or so.... So it's gonna be a long time before its up there.... 1nU8tjUl.png

UPDATE: The Megastation, weighing in at 3025.25 tons, and carrying over 800,000 units of fuel&oxidizer at launch made it into space after 5 hours of warped time (mission clock said 5 minutes)... However the ship broke up from wobble before the orbit could be stabilized.... The launch crew will be sorely missed. Captain and Chief Science Officer Bob Kerman, Launch Pilot and Executive Officer Sleicca Kerman, Chief Engineer Graenna Kerman. Their bodies are to be creamated on reentry in 4-7 hours...

Mission Control officially has no explanation for the catastrophic failure of the Megastation. Unofficially a KASA Janitor blames Graenna Kerman, stating she obviously wasnt fixing the ship fast enough as it wobbled apart.

In Other News: Jeb Kerman got in a fight with the janitor trying to clean out Bob's locker, stating "He'll be back. They'll all be back. I taught them well." The renown test pilot has been sent to KASA psychiatrists for evaluation.

Edited by Corscaria
Update

Finally got around to testing the (maybe) fixed version of the Winged Gemini, when I had a "Squirrel!" moment. I noticed I was right above the Space Complex, and decided to land there, forgetting that I meant to splash down. Still, this is the first time I've landed a space vehicle (apart from one saucer) from orbit, at the KSC.

screenshot4_zpsrmwq3clt.png

screenshot5_zpsse7kpsbs.png

Jeb: Squirrel!
Bill: Whuuut?

screenshot6_zpsnkeiqooy.png

Roll 180 degrees, then pitch-up.

AS-1099_zpsq0wjh7yp.jpg

Almost there.

AS-1100_zpslcssoudv.jpg

Jeb: "Woo-hoo! Another successful mission!"
Bill: "Weren't we supposed to land in the water?"

Jeb: "..."

4 hours ago, Evanitis said:

Added ENBS to make KSP look extra-nice. It took me a while until I tweaked EVE's clouds to not burn into solid white, and to nudge Scatterer ocean to look pretty with it. I'd show you how cool it looks, but it appears the changes doesn't make it into screenshots. And my potato can't handle a recording software besides all the above.

But it's pretty.

Try the OS or Steam (if you use) screenshot feature. F12 in steam I think and Print Screen for most OSes. You do need to alt-tab to paint, paste and save if on windows so it is rather cumbersome there.

I have been trying out Stockalike Solar System mod by @Sigma88 and i really like it! :D I made a Apollo 11 recreation with wonderful parts from SSTU mod. Sadly no pics i forgot to take some :( (SSTU really helps me because im playing on a laptop and its a mid-range one so no s*** ton of parts for me)

Did some cargo construction.

1) A typical Kerbal on a Utility Cart (design not final)

screenshot50_1.png

2) The new Cargo Plane!

screenshot51_1.png

The rear stabilizers on the back with the flags on them? Those are FAT-455's. :D  She's a big one!

6 Goliath Engines.
58 metres length
47 metres wingspan
100 tonnes empty
75 tonnes cargo capacity (yep. Tried it and it flew!)
Top speed empty: 330 m/second
Top speed when full: 240 m/s (internal cargo has drag. Darn it!)
Max cruise ceiling: 11,500 metres ( Just over 34,000 ft).

And it flies very well. 

I made a spaceplane with a tantares lander in the cargo bay on a moving docking port. This allowed for much easier docking and releasing of the lander. I went to duna and back both on sub prime transfer windows. On kerbin orbit I had over 9000 delta V. Made it back to ksc on fumes

Mods used:OPT, Tweakscale, Fuel switch, Tantares, adjustable landing gear, lithobrake, infernal robotics, and Mechjeb

Edited by chris206
imgur and mods

I figured out how to make screens with ENBS on (+EVE, Planetshine and Scatterer), so I can share what could I squeeze out of my potato. (2.8 intel core 2 duo, 9600gt, 4g ram). Screen-transition time is increased, but no noticeable impact on performance.

Though I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone who dislike tweaking. It took me a while to make some aspects look good, and to eliminate some ugly artifacts. And just noticed one more I need to kill.

Edited by Evanitis

Yes, and no apparent reduction. Got a spaceplane with ~200 parts, about that's where the 'barely noticeable' lag starts on my end. It was still 'barely noticeable' with this setup.

All what ENBS does is post-processing. In theory that should happen on the GPU, while physics based lag originates from the CPU. I usually don't trust practice to be same as the theory, but it worked for me.