What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Didn't do much of anything yesterday besides parts testing. On the plus side, I got six parts tested in a single launch., Made 200,000 in profit and 160 science; helped offset the tremendous cost of the Mere space station and the launch of Too Little Too Late 7 (which is still en route to its target).

Yeah, yesterday was pretty boring 'side from the parts testing...

I am wondering too...

Ditto. I get the Black Nav-Ball of Death if I set a course that leaves Kerbol's influence. I haven't figured out exactly where it happens though. (A close and reload silently kills the ship).

Today in KSP...

http://i.imgur.com/Fa8d5sy.png

I got stuck in a meeting

Not that I want to bore my Kerbals to death, but... where are they and what mods did you use to build that station please?

Only my 4th mission outside Kerbin orbit and I decided to go for a big science mission

Glad the aerodynamics model isn't very good

screenshot8.png

On the way to Minimus

screenshot9.png

Jeb plants the flag

screenshot10.png

Bill sets off in the second lander while Bob stays in orbit to collect data at high and low altitudes on an eccentric orbit

screenshot11.png

Jeb and Bill have plenty of fuel to get back to Kerbin independently but it might be a bit tight for Bob, although he's carrying a lot less mass than he was on the way out.

I put two landers on Mun today, still working on it as I write this. Experienced something very weird with one of them. I landed in the base of the craters shown in the picture below. Just before touch-down, the screen went all but black as if I was in shadow... or more like had I fallen through the surface. The lander crashed because I couldn't see what I was doing.

screenshot13.png

I got the pilot out, but all I could get was an overhead view, no other views would work. He was also in total darkness. If I zoomed up and out, light would reappear and I could see again... I couldn't zoom back in below the crater's rim. Anyway, at that distance, I'm now guiding him, walking, out of the crater for rescue (I hope).

In the mean time, I took a break from his walk, and tried to switch back to his lander a moment... using the [ key. Instead of the lander, I got latched onto a piece of debris, an ejected radial coupler. I now can't switch from it, every time I try to it says no leaving a ship still traveling across the surface. I tried to speed up time, but it won't allow that either. At this point, I can't even see the debris any more, as it dove into the Mun. It has since come back out, but is now moving at some ridiculous speed across space and out of Kerbin's SOI..... picture below.

screenshot15.png

Can't see it too well in the picture, but the speed is 159368.3m/s lol.

I established my first space station!

709611d008b678eef51b69444b25433b.jpg

The ship docked to the girder is my rescue pod for 'save the orbiting Kerbal' contracts. She also served as the delivery vehicle for the very girder she's attached to. The buzz I got off getting the station in orbit then docking with the add-on is...so why I play this game.

Some Minor engineering work in the last couple days:

3 in 1 craft (one vessel - three landing (for science on Kerbin)): http://imgur.com/u4LYRwe

New parts. First attempt at light weight hovercraft... sort-of.... http://imgur.com/dxTleK6

Retrofitting the chickadee jet (first basic jet) : http://imgur.com/tsoQVb5 Nice - improved performance and stability :-)

Finally got the Too Little Too Late 7 mission rendezvoused with the Class E. Decoupled the steering booms one by one, dotted the rock with the things, and was able to steer the big sucker. Next trick is going to be to reduce the inclination of the thing - I've already verified that the TLTL mission won't have enough delta-V to get it all the way to the equator, but it should get it down to 22 degrees inclination, which should make a third rendezvous mission easier. I'm just thrilled that I can finally steer the damn thing.

Switched over to the Pipe Dream 7 to finish its mission to rendezvous with Mere. Hit time warp and it was instantaneously eaten by the Kraken. Not sure which Kraken that was...from the descriptions, though, it sounds like a General Kraken. I thought the General Kraken was supposed to be dead. The replacement mission for Pipe Dream 7 got into orbit okay but once it hit MECO - I swear the engine was off - I noticed that its orbit was continuing to increase. Sounded like the beginnings of a Warp Kraken, so at that point I reverted that flight and got out of the game. I'll try again with the Pipe Dream mission tonight if I get an opportunity - I'm anxious to finally get to put the station to good use.

Ditto. I get the Black Nav-Ball of Death if I set a course that leaves Kerbol's influence. I haven't figured out exactly where it happens though. (A close and reload silently kills the ship).

Not that I want to bore my Kerbals to death, but... where are they and what mods did you use to build that station please?

That is the science lab module from my stanford torus mod. I haven't updated it in a while as I went to play another game. Since i'm back in KSP for a little bit I may update it again.

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/221761-stanford-torus-0-1

Yep, once I have all the main parts done, I want to release it as a mod pack. I might have to do the IVA later, after an initial release. Right now it's using a generic interior.

If it can be made to have working pod bay doors and EVA pods I might have to install RSS and go to Jupiter. :)

I was just going on a Geosynchronus orbit... I got the problem it's a conflict between DarkMultiplayer and Flight Computer of the RemoteTech