What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

15 hours ago, N_Danger said:

I was just jumping off and brushed it on the way down :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Val broke one by touching it while walking ...

I think it might get tweaked when the devs get back from modding vacation.

To be more specific, I had Jeb EVA into the capsule (I had yet to unlock mobility enhancers,) then realized that since that was the only hatch, the capsule only supported one Kerbal, and I wanted Jeb in the pilot's seat, I would need to get him back out and get the others in first so I could transfer them to the passenger compartment.  

So I got Jeb back out of the capsule, had him let go (a fall from that height on the Mun is harmless) and he brushed the landing leg on the way back down.  

*Crack!* goes the landing leg.

Had a problem with a plane that was statistically stable with far, and it went violently out of control under 1k alt after a quick save.  As such, my career save is now deleted (darn permadeath...) since I lost my entire crew on that flight, since it was required for a contract to have a pilot, engineer, and scientist on that plane.  Ah well, looks like it maybe time to get used to stock aero again, or maybe try a new download of far, still annoying though.

I launched Sputnik 1 as part of my playthrough of Whitecat's awesome Historical Contracts mod, using Raidernick's equally awesome US Probes pack.  Fittingly, it was my first orbit in my saved game -- on the first try, no less!

I designed the spacecraft so that I could jettison everything except the Sputnik herself, but now I can't bring myself to separate the probe from the rest of the satellite, as it will lose the ability to maneuver etc.  I should, cuz right now I have ugly clipping etc., but I can't bring myself to do it.  At least not yet!

Xls1WwO.jpg

After a staging incident previously, Valentina was left with only a munar ascent stage in LKO.

Today, she traveled to mun, and began her descent towards the mining rig with the radiator panels it needed to operate.

Pushing the limits, she brought the craft down only 20m/s short on dV and after a series of hard bounces leaving just 5 parts intact, the capsule rolled to a stop 350m downrange.

With the help of Engineer Doburry, and the intact docking ports, the capsule has been moved to the top of the miner so she can get a lift back to orbit.  She'll have to make an extended stay at the munar station while waiting for a shuttle bus, but the mission to deliver the radiators was successful despite the setbacks!

KSP_Val_mun_delivery.png

I've finally finished up an SSTO design that I have been working on for a while now! This space-plane is really unique - it's a tilt-wing craft so the whole wing pivots around giving the craft VTOL capabilities! The tilt-mechanism is completely stock and if you watch the video, I show you exactly how to make one yourself! :D

Enjoy! 

Sent out two probes onto their journeys to Jool and Eeloo, albeit the Eeloo probe failed,

Took a trip to Duna

Cnz11m0.png

And got a very good screenshot worthy of the honor of being my new desktop background

gv6ZjeQ.jpg

did some more expanding on my space station.  I neglected to put a docking port on the top so I had to settle with putting my space donut on the side of it.

xMwXr4f.png

xMwXr4f.png

Also got my first mun miner.  turns out the poles are rockier than I thought.

Wa3Bnbo.jpg

I'm home from school after what seems like an eternity, and I had the chance to put together some ideas I had during the semester. This is one of them.

Ik3xwrw.png

SyorItg.png

It's six of the big jet engines and six Vectors on the bottom, with triple-stacked wings and a small payload bay. I had hoped it could be an SSTO, but it just doesn't have enough oomph. It can just about manage a suborbital hop, which makes it almost entirely useless for a career save, being both heavy and ridiculously expensive. I think this is one of those designs that probably could work if I spent enough time with it, but it really ain't worth the effort. Looks cool though.