Opinions on 0.20

tstehler1

So my options are delete the majority of my ships including my new space station that I have spent hours building or wait for all my mods to get updated?

Or just start a different save till the mods get updated ... to get acccustomed to 0.20 ... after all KSP allows you to have separate saves next to each other.

And yes, these are your only options, if your craft heavily rely on mods

S makes them walk backwards rather than turn and face you, so unless you make a point of it, you don't really ever see their darling little faces, and you can never see their faces while actually walking
Are you sure you didn't just put them in the other movement mode by bumping the alt key?

Personally, I'm impressed, but I feel they should have done some play testing on Linux, given that there is a (known) issue with the mouse scroll wheel. I'm just hoping for all the mods to get updated to use the new system so that it will be easier to work with.

Or just start a different save till the mods get updated ... to get acccustomed to 0.20 ... after all KSP allows you to have separate saves next to each other.

And yes, these are your only options, if your craft heavily rely on mods

I just tried playing on my lil bros game with a stock rocket and the launch stableizers still appeared out of nowhere

Totally clean install for me and it runs great.. Just did an orbit.. Then a landing on the mun. All within the first 24 hours of space flight for the kerbals.. Woho.. And the new time features is pretty awsome.. Plant the flag it tells you the day and the year. Nice stuff.

Oh and the secret engine that nobody seems to know about.. Give you a hint.. It has 650 thrust.... And we all know who made it. ;) Just a different name.

With the maneuver nodes it now seems much easier to do small adjustments. This, combined with the filter on the tracker (FYI you can now use the tracker to take control of debris; using end flight causes it to vanish - a nice way to clean up!) makes me a very happy man!

Want to have some real fun?

Load up a ship, put it out for launch, then suddenly decide that all the parts are looking a little iffy and need re-loading.

Go ahead and do that from the debug menu. I'll hang out and watch.

/reaches for the popcorn

Load up a ship, put it out for launch, then suddenly decide that all the parts are looking a little iffy and need re-loading.

/reaches for the popcorn

Haha some pics to

942659_10200104284585209_858855717_n.jpg942659_10200104284585209_858855717_n.jpg

Here is what im conserned with. Is my mods causing this or is this a bug

fwi i use a mac

Never seen such a thing ...

what I know about the Lazor-Mod in previous versions, that the ground stabilizers would have a chance to explode when you launched a Lazor-equipped craft.

Also I know that (also in previous versions) flexible objects vouldm be turned into perpetuum mobiles and that some people loved to use ground stabilizers to create spacecraft that could orbit without any rocket engines present.

But if these 2 fit together to create the thing you see in your game ... dunno.

What I can say without a doubt is, that in my game (on PC, newly started with 0.20, only mod present is Kerbal Engineer Redux) Ground Stabilizers work as they should (by staying on the ground, after having done their job of stabilizing the spaceship before the start)

I would have liked the option not to update. I simply started the game like every time before (using RunWithAffinity) and suddenly had .20. No "Update Available, click here to install" or anything of that nature.

Now the game is laggy, many of my ships won't load (and I'm hoping that once the mods they rely on are updated they will magically re-appear), and it appears I have the choice of doing a fresh install and playing a new save for awhile or doing a fresh install and playing a new save for awhile.

Or just not playing.

First day off in awhile, and I was really looking forward to completing my missions to put stations around Duna, Jool, Laythe, and Dres. That's not happening.

I'm sure the update is fantastic. Having a best-case scenario of spending part of my day off fixing the game and the rest of it not doing what I want to be doing in the game is not what I want to do with my free time.

/reaches for the popcorn

3 seconds...

Edit: But then when I tried to restart the launch it failed because of missing parts lol.

Space elevator successfully built, I don't see what the problem is?

[quote name=War Eagle

Here is what im conserned with. Is my mods causing this or is this a bug

fwi i use a mac

3 seconds...

Edit: But then when I tried to restart the launch it failed because of missing parts lol.

Wait... so it just sat there and did nothing while everything re-loaded? Huh....

Where is the kaboom? There was supposed to have been a Kerbin-shattering kaboom!

marvin_martian.jpg

At least, that's what it has been doing on my install... :/

Maybe its to do with Mods or a bad install?

Just loaded up a stock ship and it rebuild fine, it also rebuilt in flight..

/reaches for the popcorn

From what I've seen, I get better performance. Granted, I also chose to start a new game. However, my 249 part craft seems to lag less. I say this because I was shocked to discover it had that many parts, it performs more like a 150 piece craft. Anyone else had an uptick in performance?

EDIT: As far as mods, you may have to convert some. I converted KSPX and it appears to be working normally, I just had to manually add PART and scale = 1 to every piece. In the case of plugins though you'll probably have to wait. There is an unofficial subassembly loader out.

I deleted my lazer mod but also had to delete my saved game and start a new. Now the only mods I have are KW rocketry and hydrojeb. Eveything works fine now but I hate that Glory Base (my space station) is gone after all those hours I spent making it.

I deleted my lazer mod but also had to delete my saved game and start a new. Now the only mods I have are KW rocketry and hydrojeb. Eveything works fine now but I hate that Glory Base (my space station) is gone after all those hours I spent making it.

Silly question, but why on earth did you not just make a new KSP folder and run 0.20 in that and leave your old folder with everything in it alone for now.

From what I been reading, most mods are now broken with the new version, Mechjeb 2 has already been updated to the new system, also some kind soul has done a quick patch for the subassembly mod (until the author gets time to do it himself) that makes that work as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.