You Will Not Go To Space Today - Post your fails here!

Mastodon

My most recent Duna manned multisample return lander Base!

was a complete failure. resounding success!

gDlMmpk.png?1

S7YVk12.png?1

Kills me. Like after taking stock of the pile the only thing they could think to do was go outside and pose for a photo. Can't keep these guys down.

edit: And the depressingly raised solar array, because that's one of the last things that still worked.

Edited by Franklin

My favorite, of mine, was a massive ship with somewhere in the region of 50 of jumbo tanks and 20+ mainsails, a few dozen boosters etc... I hit the launch button and *Pop* The decoupler at the very top fires leaving the capsule sitting there completely useless.

What a let down.

Quick! Hit spacebar! You can fix this!

There is insufficient thrust to launch in that position. Facts are, this rocket will get stuck in the pad if the engines are resting on it. A staggered set of clamps fixed this problem.

zRrKoZ7.jpg

Then, it made orbit.

cGI4Rs3.jpg

I got a really nice trajectory to Duna... Spammed science like mad and as I came it to land, I forgot about the chutes, opened them too low and the whole thing ripped apart... Then smacked into Duna at high speed, because the top chute was a drogue... Hey, I got 1000+ science out of it!

Next thing you know, I land on Eve at 2.5m/s perfectly... :mad:

Launched a manned ship with a 6-pack of probes to the Jool system. Launched 2 fuel barges to follow and assembled them on the way out of Kerbin's SOI. At some point while maneuvering for the Jool burn I managed to retract the solar panels on the fuel barge and didn't notice until after I warped and F5'd. When the time came to burn I had 4 full orange tanks with 8 NVR's dead in space. :mad: (I think a facepalm smilicon is needed for times like this). Upon hearing that the fuel barge was dead, Kirk said "Aw, kerb it! Punch it, Kurt!" They made the burn for Jool regardless and have racked up tons of science.

The fuel barge won't be going to Jool today. And Kirk and Kurt won't be coming home.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.