[WIP][1.1.3] Large Structural/Station Components [Image Heavy]

Awesome flow chart. Will there be resource losses? No method of recycling is 100% effective, so in long run some things should run out without replenishing. Intake air is not a problem as long as you are in atmosphere, energy too - but what about water and fertiliser?

Awesome flow chart. Will there be resource losses? No method of recycling is 100% effective, so in long run some things should run out without replenishing. Intake air is not a problem as long as you are in atmosphere, energy too - but what about water and fertiliser?

There will definitely be losses over time, one thing I haven't put on there is the modules own efficiency. There will never be a 100% recycle rate.

Thought this was gonna be separate from Ioncross?

I believe UDK said he's planning on keep it separate, but compatible. for example, ioncross uses oxygen and co2 instead of intakeair (or so i am told), so he mentioned having a fuel cell-like part to convert those resources into intakeair.

tbh i prefer the intakeair choice, since earth's atmosphere isn't just a cycle of oxygen and co2. there's a hefty amount of nitrogen, and traces of other gases. if you tinker with the mix too much, some pretty nasty stuff starts happening.

I'm wondering... Any chance of a greenhouse module? For some reason, I find the closed off hydroponics module unappealing.

I was thinking something along the lines of the "z_greenhouse" mod, which can be found here:

http://www./download/jbxl5xj6t3uyosx/z_greenhouse.7z

A screenshot:

cZ1MgZw.jpg

This part is quite cool, and I've noticed there's always someone interested in it whenever a screenshot is posted on the forum. But it doesn't fit nearly as well the style of the stock parts as the Large Structural Components pack does. If you could do something along these lines, like a module similar to the lobby but with animated shutters and a glass "roof" that we could see through, it would be great. Refraction effects on the glass would even be an improvement over z's version. I think there's a great demand for that.

I believe UDK said he's planning on keep it separate, but compatible. for example, ioncross uses oxygen and co2 instead of intakeair (or so i am told), so he mentioned having a fuel cell-like part to convert those resources into intakeair.

Best news I have heard thus far! Please PLEASE don't require your life support functions to need Module Manager to be used...PLEASE!!!!

Are you going to make it optional to use life support features? I'm a casual player and I don't want to give up your awesome pieces just because I fail at maintaining a realistic station.

Sorry if this got answered before, I'm currently working my way backwards through the thread.

Are you going to make it optional to use life support features? I'm a casual player and I don't want to give up your awesome pieces just because I fail at maintaining a realistic station.

Sorry if this got answered before, I'm currently working my way backwards through the thread.

Life support will be handled by a separate part; so If you don't wish to attach it to your craft, you don't have to.

Sooo... What happened in the 8 days since you last said something? Just wondering...

I have taken a well-earned break from all things computer games, as I do a degree in the subject as well as this. I will be producing more parts soon, don't worry.

Maybe just update it for modmanager so theese parts will be working with Ioncross life support mod without the need to modify parts themselves..?

PLEASE dont do this!!!!

I was so excited to hear that these were getting life support, dont ruin it. I dont use Ioncross because of Module Manager. If you make that a requirement for this thats gonna be another good mods i cant use.

PLEASE dont do this!!!!

I was so excited to hear that these were getting life support, dont ruin it. I dont use Ioncross because of Module Manager. If you make that a requirement for this thats gonna be another good mods i cant use.

Any reason why you don't use module manager? I can't imagine having to so edit stock files again.

Any reason why you don't use module manager? I can't imagine having to so edit stock files again.

Several actually. Mainly that it does not play nice with something else I have installed. I tried to get it resolved but was told it works for modfuel, deadly re-entry, and ioncross so it must work good, and to uninstall my other mods....

Honestly i dont find it so hard editing configs...and if they are stock make a copy, not a big deal. Also as far as time is concerned some simple scripting and you can mostly automate the process.

I just really hope this mods lifesupport does not require ModManager. Use it, thats fine, lots of people seem to like the mod, but for love of god DONT make it required. Even something as simple as tossing in seperate configs so people like me can change things over as they see fit woould be a great solution (something Ive also suggested to deadly-reentry and ioncross to seemingly no avail).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.