The Moon Sand Castle is gone!?

korntipton

As far as I'm aware, the Mun sand castle is an "easter egg" that only shows up occasionally.

I could be wrong on that, though.

this is correct

More specifically, it's one of the terrain scatters. Like the rocks on most bodies, or the flora on Kerbin.

More specifically, it's one of the terrain scatters. Like the rocks on most bodies, or the flora on Kerbin.

It's actually part of the ground scatter? The only place I've seen it is on the menu screen (the one on the Mun, of course). I figured it was just an easter egg that only appeared there. I must go find more of these castles forthwith!

• 9 months later...

Okay so I admit I'm necroing the thread, but I figured it's better than making another one to talk about the same thing. Anyway, I've been on 0.23 since it came out, and I haven't seen this thing one single time. Ever. Not even in the older versions from before 0.23.

I remember reading somewhere that it has a 1 in 500 chance of appearing any one time the menu opens, but I know I've seen the menu and specifically the Mun scene a lot more than 500 times. Anyone else in a similar boat? Was it removed?

Okay so I admit I'm necroing the thread, but I figured it's better than making another one to talk about the same thing. Anyway, I've been on 0.23 since it came out, and I haven't seen this thing one single time. Ever. Not even in the older versions from before 0.23.

I remember reading somewhere that it has a 1 in 500 chance of appearing any one time the menu opens, but I know I've seen the menu and specifically the Mun scene a lot more than 500 times. Anyone else in a similar boat? Was it removed?

I would like it if a dev acknowledged whether it is still in the game or not, if only to spare people the tedium of searching for it :P

I'm 100% sure I saw it in 0.22. I'm not paying much attention to the menu screen now but supposedly the chance to get the castle is somewhere around 1:40 so you just need to keep running KSP and it should eventually show up.

I used to see it a lot, but not a lot now for some reason.

One of possible reasons is that when you end a game now, it brings you to the second page of the menu instead of the first one as it used to and even if the dust castle is there on the first page, you won't go there to see it before loading another save.

It's a one in 500 chance that it'll appear... but that's not to say that if you open the menu screen 500 times, it'll appear for sure. It's probability. Random chance. If your luck's poor enough, you could open the menu a million times without seeing it. As far as I know, it's still there.

"One of the two main menu images is that of a Kerbal standing on the Mun's surface, with Kerbin in the background. There is a 1 in 40 chance that a sand castle made of Mun dust can be seen at his feet."

Quoted directly from the KSP Wiki. But I must admit, I haven't seen that little sand castle AT ALL while playing 0.23.

EDIT: MalfunctionM1Ke quoted it before me, didn't see that this thread had a second page! :P

Edited by turkwinif

Hmm, I know I don't usually see it that much, but I too haven't seen the castle for a while... Oh well, I'm sure it'll appear again at some point.

On the topic of the menu screens, I'd like to see the return of the rogue helmet that rolls or flies past in the background of the Mun scene. That was fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.