SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

First, shoutout to carazvan's Bee series cargo SSTOs - very nice!

I've got a 90 ton, 370+ part SSTO that can deliver 40 tons to a 120km orbit. That gives it a payload fraction of 30%.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

.craft file here (0.21.1)

cargo here (use SubAssembly Manager to attach)

Version number is 0.91 as I've got a few final tweaks to do and need to decide how many frills to add back in. Some SAS reaction wheels? More RCS? Any suggestions? 1.0!

Edited by antbin
Upped cargo from 36 to 40 tons

This is the third frame design in the High-Speed Trans-Atmospheric Courier program, the Banshee. Here is the testing frame, designated X-103-5

Looks sleek and fast on the runway

With a profile that looks like the child of a SR-71 Blackbird and a P-80 Shooting Star

Business in the front, srs bizznes in the back!

Flight profile is... difficult at present. Even though it stands at a positive angle of attack on the ground, it still needs to run off the end of the runway to start getting lift.

Once she's up, she's extremely stable, but also extremely loathe to change her heading.

Though it requires a good deal of speed to stay aloft, it can land relatively easy, thanks to the airbrakes.

Oh my god that pack looks awesome. Which is it? I must have those parts... @.@

Edited by Tassyr
Cut out the images so as not to spam folk. >.<

I am very happy to finally share the Type 24 Raven R2, The previous version posted earlier tumbled on re-entry... although as you can see here, this revision handles re-entry perfectly... BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.... my poor choice in landing area resulted in ripping off the rear of the craft xD

Craft File » http://www./download/bo2wmn7ccoaaqdx/SSTO_Type_24_Raven_R2.craft

Action Group 1 - Toggle Air Intakes / Jet Engines.

Action Group 2 - Toggle Rocket Engines.

Action Group 3 - Toggle Nuclear Engine.

Action Group 4 - Eject Lower Bay Cover, allowing you to decouple the probe in the belly.

This aircraft will fly on jet engines up to thirty thousand.

Bill Survived!!! Most of my Kerbals Die =___=

animated_ejection_by_kisssh0t-d6ftucs.gif

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o9_1280.jpg

tumblr_mqwbotQGqH1r2k180o10_1280.jpg

That is the sexiest space plane ever

My first ever successful SSTO (by that, I mean I actually got it to orbit, didn't flip out, got it down, and the ship was still capable of landing; without a joystick I still wrecked it though; RIP Jeb and Bob).

The Orion crew shuttle. Can carry 8 kerbals to orbit only needs 1 to fly.

vu6i.png

If you gas it up at a station, you can get to the Mun. Dunno bout minmus.

Hello all talent constructors, want to ask if someone have craft file of beautifully designed SSTO VTOL spaceplane which is capable of reaching Dune - so i could refuel it there and go to Leathe. I got a lot of trying to do it by myself, but my crafts if far away from perfect. its kinda real challenge for you

My first real SSTO: The Fat Cat 1. Just as heavy and difficult to get into orbit as it's name implies. Also 'JUST' capable of going to Laythe with full rocket fuel and no jet fuel after an orbital refueling.

Version 2:

h5FKy33.png

Version 3:

EQdGSMF.png

Edited by Specula

Hello all talent constructors, want to ask if someone have craft file of beautifully designed SSTO VTOL spaceplane which is capable of reaching Dune - so i could refuel it there and go to Leathe. I got a lot of trying to do it by myself, but my crafts if far away from perfect. its kinda real challenge for you

Actually, sounds like the real challenge is yours. :D

Why ask somebody to build one in a thread where people are doing just that, and often sharing the craft file? Also, there are hundreds on the Spacecraft Exchange, not to mention Kerbal Spaceport...

I was fooling around with smaller SSTOs today as I would eventually like to attach a couple to a carrier headed to Laythe.

This is the first design. It is a perfectly good SSTO, and works great.

0zPhCDp.jpg

It rotates at 25 m/s making vertical landings a breeze. Especially with the new ASAS.

MePizTT.png

But it felt too big, so I resorted to clipping for this:

1Ztqjea.png

Again it has no trouble getting to orbit with plenty to spare, even with a poodle.

ouz9lij.png

But we can go even smaller.

25ldugt.png

Like a bat outa hell.

Vin0PCN.png

Orbit with only 1 jetfuel can and a FL-T200 with 90 units of Rocket Fuel? No problem. With 1/3 tank left even!

AyMcdKX.png

I love this game...

This is my first SSTO, called Shelter.

It's really easy to fly, you can pretty much point the nose in the right direction, turn on ASAS and come back when you reach orbital speeds.

2DutpYP.jpg

Diamond winged configuration

FDDgC9u.png

Just making a coffee while we accrue speed. The over/under jet configuration makes high alt flameouts less deathspin-y

PFI92Os.png

Approaching the filling station. As you can see, I've been practicing.

wDUJi78.png

Parking's a bit tight. Hard not to poke a hole in something with those pointy canards.

9elYo4i.jpg

Success!

Also, it kinda looks like a Kitty!

QbptaOH.jpg

Craft file: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/shelter-ssto-spaceplane/

Edited by Agent86

Introducing the Strider. Utilizing EC (extreme clipping) and ACF (altered config file) technologies this thing will fly a single Kerbal into orbit, have close to 1k delta-V to play with and land back on kerban.

iMxIXL3.png

scKLNaT.jpg

this was also the first time I landed anything on the runway and actually touched the runway.