SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

Meet Photon, my stock SSTO solar powered space plane. This is Minmus edition (probably only edition too, because I'm tired of ion engines). It has ~6000 m/s of dv after achieving low kerbing orbit
You can easily delete one pair of big solar panels. One big solar is enough for feed 2 ion engines on Kerbin orbit. Add I recommend to add some batteries for prevent electrical shortage

See my "Mun Flea" - small Mun capable SSTO

Javascript is disabled. View full album

My simple rocket ssto, the SERV lite. Much smaller than it's relative the SERV 800, it still operates much the same. This does have the added benefit of precision glide landings vs the parachute style of the 800. So why rocket only? A few benefits: Fast orbital injection, simple 1 button operation, low part count and higher max payload capacity. Obvious cons are: Expensive launch. I also just enjoy trying to squeeze the most out of rocket performance. Reaches 80-85km orbit with pretty much whatever you can cram in the cargo compartment.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here's a design with a cranked froward fuselage, because why not?

aiAgFYq.png

Well, "why not" is because it induces all sorts of minor stability problems. The SAS easily handles them, but it is just not as sweetly neutral as I like to make my craft. It does turn like a fighter because of this though; it will easily pull 9 Gs! And it goes to space with a good size 1.25m cargo hold while looking pretty good.

vuwJfPL.png

Here's a design with a cranked froward fuselage, because why not?

http://i.imgur.com/aiAgFYq.png

Well, "why not" is because it induces all sorts of minor stability problems. The SAS easily handles them, but it is just not as sweetly neutral as I like to make my craft. It does turn like a fighter because of this though; it will easily pull 9 Gs! And it goes to space with a good size 1.25m cargo hold while looking pretty good.

http://i.imgur.com/vuwJfPL.png

"Pretty good" is an understatement. And you know how it goes, stability is the enemy of manoeuvrability.

Rune. Hints of a SU-34 there?

My first post after a long hiatus.

FAR and Deadly Re-entry compatible passenger stock-parts-only SSTO. Can get to a 950km circular orbit and back. Balanced well enough that no fuel transfers are necessary through any flight regime, and even RCS thrusters are mostly balanced.

IaVEouj.png

Edited by Naito

I was clearing out my Mediafire bin when I found an old .23.5 design that caught my interest.

QKmX2y8.png

I renovated(completely rebuilt) it and I love it. 3200m/s D/v carrying a big red with full jet fuel and at a mass of 82 and respective TWR of 1.5 and .25.

DUwWYWL.png

e5kOdyx.png

The bay was even is such a perfect place that cargo affects the COM very little.

Here's what I've been tinkering with (thankfully I've fixed the wing setup issue that made it a pain to fly), the Lynx VTOL SSTO.

Gqa1skw.png

It's so darn close to release, but still needs to get some flight-testing in to make sure everything's good to go, and to test its limits.

Seats 2, and features a fancy uber-LVN-jet hybrid engine. (2 turbo's clipped together with an LVN, preventing asymmetric flameouts.)

VTOL is provided by twin (parallel mounted) basic jets in the belly.

Here's what I've been tinkering with (thankfully I've fixed the wing setup issue that made it a pain to fly), the Lynx VTOL SSTO.

http://i.imgur.com/Gqa1skw.png

It's so darn close to release, but still needs to get some flight-testing in to make sure everything's good to go, and to test its limits.

Seats 2, and features a fancy uber-LVN-jet hybrid engine. (2 turbo's clipped together with an LVN, preventing asymmetric flameouts.)

VTOL is provided by twin (parallel mounted) basic jets in the belly.

thats a cool looking craft