SSTOs! Post your pictures here~

I may or may not be working right now on the White Dart album in order to release it ASAP, as a short of celebration for reaching my first kilorep (yup, as of now, kilorep is a measurement unit I use). Probably my best Dart yet.

Jddkhfm.png

Rune. A thousand thanks, guys! :)

Ah, the Rune classic, whats new on these babies Rune?

Yup, it's my signature design I think, hard as it is to pick one (I'm very random with my builds!). Mostly, the fact that all four versions (Shuttle, VTOL, Science! and Scout) come as the single 80 part craft file. Other than that, aesthetics, and a very balanced and deceptively simple fuel drain... stock TAC, I would call it. I recommend trying it out for yourself! :D

Rune. That, and the old ones look really awful with SP+ parts. :P

Yup, it's my signature design I think, hard as it is to pick one (I'm very random with my builds!). Mostly, the fact that all four versions (Shuttle, VTOL, Science! and Scout) come as the single 80 part craft file. Other than that, aesthetics, and a very balanced and deceptively simple fuel drain... stock TAC, I would call it. I recommend trying it out for yourself! :D

Rune. That, and the old ones look really awful with SP+ parts. :P

I'm sure they are exemplary!

I never download peoples craft though.

I prefer to imagine that I know it all, or at least can figure it out. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they are exemplary!

I never download peoples craft though.

I prefer to imagine that I know it all, or at least can figure it out. :rolleyes:

Hahaha, sounds like something I would write! But sometimes I still DL something to dissect it if I don't quite know how something works... I would have never managed to do a K-drive otherwise! And you know, the fuel trick I did is very, very hard to explain with words, considering there are fuel tanks (and engines!) in the interchangeable modules, yet the trick works in any version, and you are supposed to assemble them yourself in a few clicks (seven at most, I think). The best I can do is saying that it drains from both main tanks at the same rate... "because fuel routing rules and stuff". Saying it any other way would take me too many paragraphs...

Rune. Congrats on the confidence! :D

Hahaha, sounds like something I would write! But sometimes I still DL something to dissect it if I don't quite know how something works... I would have never managed to do a K-drive otherwise! And you know, the fuel trick I did is very, very hard to explain with words, considering there are fuel tanks (and engines!) in the interchangeable modules, yet the trick works in any version, and you are supposed to assemble them yourself in a few clicks (seven at most, I think). The best I can do is saying that it drains from both main tanks at the same rate... "because fuel routing rules and stuff". Saying it any other way would take me too many paragraphs...

Rune. Congrats on the confidence! :D

LOL thanks man. :-)

I like the modularity of the thing. And I can see that in doing so would require some clever tweaking.

If I ever make a modular aircraft and have trouble with fuel lines, this will be my first port of call!

MJ

I made a crew transport version of my ssto

Top view.

B0TdZmw.jpg

Docking with my growing space station.

0p9jrYo.png

If anyone want to try them here are the craft files, you'll need the Adjustable Landing Gear Mod:

Mark 2 - long cargobay

Mark 1 - short cargobay

Crew Transport

The cargo planes can carry up to 5 tonnes of wathever fits in the cargo bay.

Edit:

Action groups:

1- Turbojets

2- Rocket engines

3- increase flap deflection (requires near/far)

4- Decrease flap deflection

5- closes radial intakes

6- closes 2 shock cones

7- closes the last 2 shock cones

8- (crew transport) toggle the inline docking port

Abort - cut the engines and deploy chutes.

Theese planes can glide for half (and more) the circumference of Kerbin while reentering :sticktongue:

Edited by Martin0

I'm happy to finally share my SSTO Shuttle Mk1~

Action Group 1 - Toggle Air Intakes

Action Group 2 - Toggle LV-T30

Action Group 3 - Toggle LV-N

Action Group 4 - Toggle Solar Panel *Located Bottom Rear of Craft*

Flight Tips // To get into orbit all you need to do is fly to roughly thirty thousand, stay level and go for speed, get as close to 2000m/s as you can, Toggle Jets/Intakes with action group (1), Switch on LV-T30 and LV-N with action groups (2) and (3) and pull up, burn until your arc is about 100 thousand then turn off LV-T30, just before peak of arc use LV-N to circularize.

Download Link >>> http://www./download/lanwcr7vi1pwbh2/SSTO+Shuttle+Mk1.craft

Hey KissSh0t,

I'm having a wee bit of trouble getting this beauty off the ground. Every time I toggle the air intakes and throttle up, the intakes flame out on me. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

My latest in the F-300 Series before I do a complete re-design with some new parts I've unlocked.

I give you, the F-304 "Daedalus-Class" SSTO

:sticktongue:

Comes in three different configuration:

• Multi-Purpose (cargo and 4 passangers + pilot and co-pilot)
  • Pure crew transport (up to 8 passangers + pilot and co-pilot)
  • Pure cargo transport (pilot and co-pilot)

The Sun Tzu (Multi-Purpose):

ExhibitionF-304ZunTzu.jpg~original

ExhibitionF-304ZunTzuRearView.jpg~original

ExhibitionF-304ZunTzuLowView.jpg~original

The Korolev (crew transport):

F-304Daedalus-ClassKorolevFinalDockingApproach.jpg~original

F-304Daedalus-ClassKorolevDocked.jpg~original

A small outtake from the F-300 Series:

From left to right: F-304 Daedalus-Class, F-303 A, F-303, F-302 B, F-301 D (not an SSTO)

ExhibitionF-SeriesHighView.jpg~original

ExhibitionF-SeriesRearView.jpg~original

Edited by Jan Gaarni

nxJQGd7.png

Nerva was carried in the topside cargo bay until leaving atmo, then quickly docked with the belly docking port before circularization. (or it can circularize on the less-efficent raipiers) After reaching 125x125 orbit it has about 2700m/s of space DV left. Also has 3+ minutes of Ike-rated RCS Vtol capability