[0.25] PartCatalog 3.0 RC8 (2014-10-08)

BlackNecro

Yes, better to include something that deals with all other RCS stuff. I like this approach:

--RCS
for rcs in modulesByName(part,"ModuleRCS") do
if containsNodeTypeName(rcs,"resourceName","MonoPropellant") then -- EDIT START (check with iconExist)
addToModCategory(part,"Control/RCS/MonoPropellant")
elseif containsNodeTypeName(rcs,"resourceName","LiquidFuel") then
addToModCategory(part,"Control/RCS/LFOX")
else
addToModCategory(part,"Control/RCS/Misc")
end -- EDIT END
end

or better

--RCS
for rcs in modulesByName(part,"ModuleRCS") do
if containsNodeTypeName(rcs,"resourceName","MonoPropellant") then -- EDIT START (check with iconExist)
addToModCategory(part,"Control/RCS/MonoPropellant")
else
addToModCategory(part,"Control/RCS/Misc")
end -- EDIT END
end

Untested!

By the way, the non MonoPropellant RCS parts go into the RCS Misc Category anyway.

And there is no RCS MonoPropellant Category showing up, which is an odd thing. Maybe a problem in default.category.lua or category.lua :confused:

Edited by Kolago

This is one of my favorite mods. A long time ago I made some more icons for my own use but never got around to releasing them. Figured it was time to share.

If I need to say which mods these are for, I probably didn't do a good enough job designing them. If the mod has an actual logo associated with it I've used it here, otherwise I went with whatever seemed most recognizable in silhouette. A couple of them I have either lost or are for mods that are no longer available, hence the red Xs.

I'd want to redo the infernal robotics one anyway to stay consistent with it's toolbar icon. Same for Extraplanetary Launchpads too now that I think about it...

5fe1cb9443.png

I'm just throwing these up blind, I haven't used some of these mods since 0.22 so it's possible some renaming may be required, if applicable.

Archive with the icons

The PSDs

Feel free to do whatever you want with these, as far as I'm concerned they're public domain.

Hello. I have strange error in my log file:

[LOG 19:15:06.272] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua
[LOG 19:15:06.272] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll
[ERR 19:15:06.303] Failed to load assembly /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 19:15:06.303] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua
[LOG 19:15:06.303] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua.dll
[LOG 19:15:06.304] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog
[LOG 19:15:06.304] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog.dll

Afterwards the mod does work, but I presume I'm missing some nice functionality. Can someone explain me what KopiLua.dll does and how much it is important?

I'm running linux 64bit version, btw.

Edited by legolegs

Hello. I have strange error in my log file:

[LOG 19:15:06.272] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua
[LOG 19:15:06.272] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll
[ERR 19:15:06.303] Failed to load assembly /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll:
System.Security.SecurityException: Assembly /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/KopiLua.dll tried to use forbidden type System.Diagnostics.Process!
Allows launching of external processes.
at AssemblyLoader.ScanForBadTypeRefs (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadExternalAssembly (System.String file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[LOG 19:15:06.303] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua
[LOG 19:15:06.303] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/NLua.dll
[LOG 19:15:06.304] Load(Assembly): PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog
[LOG 19:15:06.304] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at /home/legolegs/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PartCatalog/Plugins/PartCatalog.dll

Afterwards the mod does work, but I presume I'm missing some nice functionality. Can someone explain me what KopiLua.dll does and how much it is important?

I'm running linux 64bit version, btw.

Nothing to worry here, it's an intermediate library that's being loaded by the PartCatalog directly (and can't be loaded by KSP itself) that handles the lua script backend.

Otherwise - I updated the OP with a fresh release that supports 0.24

More sophisticated updates coming soonish.

Stay tuned for:

-Splitting the propulsion category into engines and storage

-An online mod repository that dynamically detects your installed mods and installs proper categorization scripts and icons.

Bug report for the 0.24 update:

The updated VAB/SPH interface from 0.24 means that some of the buttons now clip through various bits.

Try setting the toolbar position to "Bottom", or the config button position to "Bottom Left" or "Bottom Right" and you'll see what I mean.

The buttons are still usable, but clicking them from there can trigger buttons hidden behind (i.e open the contracts list every time you try to Search).

Edited by gmbigg
Version clarification

I run Windows 8.1 as well. I hope to get a log up withing the next hour.

Edit: here's the output_log file. All of the mods are updated (as of the time of the crash)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l726k98roeupyty/output_log.txt

Mods:

blizzy78's Toolbar
AutoAsparagus
Environmental Visual Enhancements
Astronomer's Visual Pack
Chatterer
DebRefund
EditorExtensions
Kerbal Engineer Redux
Enhanced NavBall
Firespitter DLL (0.24 updated DLL)
RasterPropMonitor
Kethane
Infernal Robotics
MechJeb 2
ModStatistics (disabled in the CFG)
Docking Port Alignment Indicator
FinalFrontier
Part Angle Display
PartCatalog
Taurus HCV
RealChute
SCANsat
Sam Hall's Mk2 IVA
TouhouTorpedo's Mk3 IVA
SmokeScreen
SpaceplanePlus
SXT
Tantares
Kerbal Alarm Clock
TurboNiso's Stockalike Parts for Useful Aesthetics
TweakableEverything
ModuleManager 2.2.0

Edited by Woopert

It works, but I think I tripped on a bug. PartCatalog dies when attempting to autotag parts. The log message is

LuaScriptException: [string "chunk"]:82: '}' expected near 'mapNames'
at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at NLua.Lua.DoString (System.String chunk, System.String chunkName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartCatalog.LuaRuleHandler.SetupNamespace () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartCatalog.LuaRuleHandler..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartCatalog.LuaRuleHandler..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for PartCatalog.LuaRuleHandler
at PartCatalog.PartCatalogBehavior.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

As far as I can tell -- me no speak Lua -- it chokes on FS_oblongMultiTank from Firespitter, which has a config file making complicated use of ";" in strings... Removing that part makes it complete autotagging correctly.

So, I love this mod, but I am getting a crash every now and then when it autotags parts...

Using 64 bit, and a bunch of other stuff, but it hasn't crashed any were else, JUST when autotagging parts. I don't 100% know if its this mod though... it just happens when this mod is actively doing stuff, let me know if I can help debug.

More information, it is a FRESH install of the game, with mods added, I added a screenshot of my gamedata folder to that zip at the bottom.

Two crash logs under the code.

Unknown caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module Unknown at 0033:03b80000.

Error occurred at 2014-07-22_165648.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64.exe, run by Michael Wellman.
69% memory in use.
16376 MB physical memory [4960 MB free].
32750 MB paging file [20044 MB free].
8388608 MB user address space [8384428 MB free].
Write to location 03b80000 caused an access violation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8o592hulbpj9pt/2014-07-22_163732.zip

Edited by MrWizerd

i have it to this mod is breaking my game

i think this mod cannot handle to much other mods :s

this is the mods i installed

SpaceplanePlus

universal storage

part angle display

kwrockerty

scansat

realchte

procedural fairlings

procdural dynamics

partcatalog

kethana

magiksmoke industries

farram aerospace

deadly reentry

modstatiscs

triggertech

kerbeljoint

enhancenavball

engineer

dockingpartalignment

toolbar

Edited by Ancalagon

My thought on this crash is a size thing... when I added mods a few like 2 or 3 at a time it seemed to go over ok, but when I dropped in Nova2 and uh... KW thats when it corrupted the xml on crash and since refused to work. Maybe .42.1 will fix it who knows? I know that they released it due to some bug they were having, but I am not sure....

ok, having some issues. for whatever reason my buttons have all vanished. I still have the search and settings buttons, but all of my parts buttons have vanished. It is something to do with .24.1, as it was working perfectly last night. Any idea what to do? I have actually become so dependent on it to sort through my huge list of parts that I am actually struggling to build stuff...

ok, having some issues. for whatever reason my buttons have all vanished. I still have the search and settings buttons, but all of my parts buttons have vanished. It is something to do with .24.1, as it was working perfectly last night. Any idea what to do? I have actually become so dependent on it to sort through my huge list of parts that I am actually struggling to build stuff...

This is an old version of KSPAPIExtensions.dll somewhere in GameData.

Same issue here.

This is an old version of KSPAPIExtensions.dll somewhere in GameData.

Have only a KSPAPIExtensions.dll with Infernal Robotics so I replaced it with the newest version, but It's still the same.

A few seconds after entering the VAB, all part & catalog icons are gone.

Problem started with 0.24.1 update.

KSP 0.24.1 x32

Output.log

Mod List

Screenshot

*edit

Still present in 0.24.2.

Remove PartCatalog 3.0RC5 brings the Parts in VAB back.

Also PartCatalog 2.4 works fine.

Edited by johnwayne1930

MAybe same symptoms here (0.23.5): all parts are suddenly "removed" on VAB/SPH, partCatalog window poped-up, but autotag feature doesn't work and I have only subassemblies and PC buttons.

If there is any dependencies on KSPAPIExtensions, it is not written anywhere, only this:

3.0 RC4

-Added configurable startup delay for compability with KSPAPIExtensions.

which doesn't say it's a dependency.

EDIT: in settings: enable this option "display all parts if filter are empty" at least make the part available.

Why the filters are empty ?

- it was a bad idea to try it on 0.23.5 :sticktongue: (exception about part cost for ex.)

And as no docs are included... what should we have to do to make it works as expected ?

Edited by Justin Kerbice

EDIT:

Okay, it looks like the autotag feature (while super useful) is particularly vulnerable to crashing the space plane hangar. I was able to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling my mods one by one.

Edited by Synthesis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.