Caterpillar Tracks- NOW OPEN SOURCE, ALL FILES OPEN TO PUBLIC

Kudos to you electronicfox for releasing everything out into the wild. I've thoroughly enjoyed your parts. Without your work I couldn't have built this:

http://www./convkey/1a36/o5ltu5ah7od736sfg.jpg?size_id=6

Its not only my tracks you have there, I had quite the hand in those chunky wheels and the rollkage too :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

How do I install this? I downloaded both the plugin and the other files and I have no idea what to do with them.

These files are not a complete mod, more of an unfinished mod released for others to complete.

How do I install this? I downloaded both the plugin and the other files and I have no idea what to do with them.

Make a folder in GameData for the track parts to live, place the plugin DLL in that folder with the track parts folders. The old config files will not work, so replace them with examples from here: https://github.com/6forty/trackar/wiki

How would one use the currently made files to make a rather large double track part? I've been working on a rather extra large rover to fit 3 of the dual 14 inch turrets from Skilled weapons mod. I'd like to use tracks on it but from what i have looked i've not sure how to make it happen.

Cheers guys, got the files. I've imported the package and the fbx's, but I can't find a Unity scene with wheel colliders etc. rigged to the joints? Am I missing something, either literally or proverbially? Can see how this is all supposed to work though, it's really nice.. :D

Cheers guys, got the files. I've imported the package and the fbx's, but I can't find a Unity scene with wheel colliders etc. rigged to the joints? Am I missing something, either literally or proverbially? Can see how this is all supposed to work though, it's really nice.. :D

The Unity scene is packed into the Unity package (I think, I'll check that in a moment).

Cheers, be great if I can get hold of it. I'll double check, but I'm sure I didn't see it after the package import.

Im about 250 miles from my PC for a few days, and only today noticed I havent installed Unity on my laptop so I cant check until I return. I'll just assume you're correct and I forgot the scene, which means I'll fix that in a few days.

I remember using this mod forever ago, but I forgot about it after a reset :P

Can anyone upload a folder or something with the parts ready to go to install into KSP? I for the life of me do not know how to Unity or export models into the format KSP picks up

• 4 weeks later...

It's proven tricky to pick up. I have something semi-workable, but ksp funnies are keeping me from pursuing further at the moment. Particularly, the tank steer mode does weird, weird things. And there is something subtley wrong with scaling and placement of wheel colliders. However:

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic to see that someone has picked this up. I wish you all the luck with these (and you might find it useful to contact EndlessWaves or 6.forty for some help with any issues in the plugin should either of them be available).

It's going to be a slow burner, but I'll get there. I've pretty much starters fresh and that little demo is running with no plugin at all, apart from stock modules. I don't like to hassle them if I can help it, though I'll keep as an option if I get really stuck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.