Naval Battle League 2016-2018

@ShadowGoat I'm currently waiting 2 weeks for someone else to prepare for battle, and I'd quite like the chance to battle you. You can use duplicates of your ships, so how about 200 tons, 4 ships around Vall? I'm also an amateur at battling, having only battled one other person and lost, so it will probabaly be quite balanced. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Sure! You send the save file first, as I'm still not good at posting files and picture and such. Also I'm only able to battle on the weekends and sometimes Wednesday, so let's get this started quickly! Finally my first battle against someone who actually can build, unlike my brother, who just covers a kerbodyne tank with plates.

Ok, I,ll have the persist up tomorrow. (Do you know how persist files work? if you don't I can explain them to you.) You will need at least 1 screenshot of each turn, so keep that in mind. I don't mind delays between turns, but lets try to get as much of the battle done tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this, do you have images of your ships? :)

I meant I'm not good with the forums. I'm great with computers. Until our forces meet on the battlefield. I might need a bit of help with the screenshot part tho.

Edited by ShadowGoat
Forgot information

Yay! Preliminary testing has finished on the Spectre, a new ship i cobbled together in 20 minutes! It has the green light to enter the battle. I'm quite surprised that the first version worked perfectly, other than a slight wobble in the frame that was easily fixed with some struts. I can't wait for the battle. 

@ShadowGoat Here's my fleet:

EX-2 A Apollo

Balc2wR.jpg

After surrendering to the Quasar fleet the undamaged Apollo received a refit and upgrade into an EX-2 A, gaining a pilot to work with. This has drastically increased its combat efficiency, and due to its experience in battle it will be the flagship of the fleet.

Mass: 56 tons

EX-2s Asclepius and Aristaeus

NF6iSIS.jpg

DlSPQG9.jpg

Dual EX-2 multi purpose strike vessels, The Asclepius and Aristaeus were both comissioned to serve with the Veteran Apollo as part of a EX-2 task force. They both possess reworked AI combat protocols upgraded after analysing the lost battle against the quasar fleet.

Mass: 48 tons each

EX-8 Selene

vp8Q0KL.jpg

Developed after the need for a replacement first strike vessel with recognised after the below average performance of the EX-3, the Selene looks oddly like a steampunk fish. I hadn't noticed that before.

Mass: 32 tons

total fleet mass: 184 tons

Persistent: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtvile8w3lqpgjl/Persistent.sfs?dl=0

Your move!

The Vall defense fleet, detecting an unknown presence around the moon, has moved in to check it out. Upon inspection it found 4 ships in orbit and is waiting for them to make a hostile move. I have 3 ship designs i could use, not including my capital which is too heavy. I got some pictures too. the 3rd is an ssto and wont be useful here so i didnt include it.

This is the Ghoul, a light ship armed with 6 I-beams and 2 dubiously performing "Ship-killers"

http://imgur.com/5AZaW49

This is it's big brother, the spectre, armed with 4 "ship-killers" that probably will perform poorly.

http://imgur.com/XMJYJav

And here's the persistent back. Your move.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5grhmw4ws47on/Persistent.sfs?dl=0

let me know if the link is invalid.

Edited by ShadowGoat

try rcs instead. I hope this doesn't happen to me becuase the spectre doesn't have rcs. or try setting the sas to turn itself towards my ships. Or reboot the game. Hate having to wait for moderator approval

Edited by ShadowGoat

It's fine. Glitches are part of what make games fun. Also I'll have to go somewhere for a while so after about 1:45 I won't be on till about 6. Also I posted a solution but the moderators wouldn't approve it and it's really annoying that I need mod approval

Edited by ShadowGoat

@ShadowGoat My game somehow got corrupted, I fixed it my transferring everything to a back up copy, so it's fine. :) anyway, onto the battle!

In the Selene, jeb woke up to a loud noise. Mistaking the Hostile vessel proximity alert for his alarm clock that hadn't properly adjusted to Vall's day/night cycle, he smashed his control board repeatedly, hitting what he thought was the snooze bar but what was in fact the throttle. It's Quintuple ion thrusters roared into life, momentarily drowning out the alarm.

GYt7KVF.jpg

Ten minutes later when the AI core realised it wasn't a ingenious tactical plan and just Jeb being Jeb, the ship zeroed its relative velocity to the Spectre and started the alarm again. Moments later, Jeb was once again smashing the control panel, mumbling "...no...ten more minutes..." This time he hit the button to launch missile 3, and after turning off the alarm, the ship watched with exasperation as the missile impacted the spectre, Utterly Annihilating it in a massive detonation.

XUaBrzG.jpg

UbLc2ka.jpg

Incredulous, The AI core watched as Jeb once again snoozed off. It's only source of satisfaction being that Jeb had just missed the biggest explosion he had ever caused since last tuesday, the ship grudgingly credited the Kill to Him at set his alarm clock to wake him up every 15 minutes as punishment.

LXICPL1.jpg

Your move! Persist: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvmkb75rjr5tawm/Battle 2.sfs?dl=0

Sorry about the fanfic style battle report, that's just how I write. :)

It's okay I write weirdly too. It occurs to me I forgot to impact test the spectre. These are literally the first generation of ships I built so they're probably really cruddy. After the battle if you could suggest improvements that would be great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.