Naval Battle League 2016-2018

Nah. It does have a large battery in the middle and a mostly exposed cockpit, but even if you split it it still functions as 3 independent section each with 4 drones and 8 missiles, as well as heavy armor. Also it's not the death star

Edited by ShadowGoat

@ShadowGoat sorry, I think there's a rule against ships getting split into separate parts:

4- A ship is considered dead when the main body of the ship is incapable of fulfilling two of these three goals unaided from other ships or on-board weapons...

You could only use the section with the root part or cockpit, the other parts would count as debris. :(

10 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

You could only use the section with the root part or cockpit, the other parts would count as debris. :(

I would interpret that to mean that those ancillary fragments can act as long as the "command" segment is still viable. That is, as long as orders can keep coming from the CIC, the fragments can keep fighting. As soon as the command segment (the root part) dies (as per the rules), the fragments are rendered useless.

Also, anything which exhibits failure modes of this type deliberately should perhaps be classified as a carrier.

Hahahahahhahahahahahaha thank your for the loopholes plus I just thought of another. The two extra segments have drones in them and are therefore carriers being carried by a bigger carrier. Plus the root part is almost indestructible so it works even better.

1 minute ago, ShadowGoat said:

carriers being carried by a bigger carrier.

Yo dawg...

3 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

for attacking all the segments count as one craft and you can attack as many different segments as you've like during your turn.

Sounds reasonable.

8 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

It occurs to me that my weapons are obsolete and useless. Could you send me the craft files of your ships so I can copy- er... I mean study your weaponry?

@ShadowGoat I believe he will say no. And luckily this is a simulation because if you wanted to "study" his weapon tech in real life and reverse engineer it, you could get sued.

Meet what could become the new EX-2, the EX-9:

8kSZU2Z.jpg

4yAxs6n.jpg

It does everything the EX-2 does, (except the ineffective flea missiles) and has a targeting system.

2gcDj0Z.jpg

All this at 13 tons lighter! Buy Now!

As for the aesthetics, they are a mash up of this:CW1ewbS.png

and this:

alliance_normandy_sr2_by_nico89_fx-d3k5i

Done with my turn, here's the play by play.

The AI to the remaining Spectre was very depressed. It didn't really matter to it whether it survived or not. So when it heard of the destruction of the other Spectre, it rejoiced, not because of the fact itself, but because that meant it would soon die too. it contemplated what it should do. It's only orders were "Retaliate" so it figured it would do a suicide run. It accelerated towards the enemy ship, and launched all it's weaponry. Unfortunately, the boosters shoved the ship out of the way, effectively foiling it's attempted suicide. The AI sighed. It took some small solace that that the enemy ship had survived and would likely kill it soon. But then again, nothing good ever happened to it.

Here are the images.

And here's the download.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5grhmw4ws47on/persistent.sfs?dl=0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.