Naval Battle League 2016-2018

um. the asclepius is unmanned. wait, do you mean your entire fleet is out of weapons? that happened to me last battle i did. :) The standard procedure is to wish you had brought more. Seriously though, that means i win. It also means its time to bring in the heavyweights!

Rolan and Trillian Kerman (Again with the Hitchhikers references!) were out for revenge after the destruction of their original ship. They engaged the Oceanus first. The result: Complete desecation of the hull, and destroying all command pods. They took the liberty of removing the engines for you, as you wouldn't need them where you're going. Then the launched two guided torpedos down the hangar. The first one removed the fighters. The second emptied the hull. Your move.

The Shade lining up the shot.

The desecated corpse of the Oceanus.

The debris field spreading out behind the Shade.

Here's the persist. I told you the Shade was a worthy opponent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zt5grhmw4ws47on/Persistent.sfs?dl=0

Oh well, the Oceanus was never meant for battling, I built it for a cinematic my friends are both working on. I brought in the Eos as to even the tonnage a bit, as your ships totalled to 600 tons and mine to barely 300. I will take my turn as soon as I can. Just to be clear though, the battle ended last turn, this is just us mucking about with a lot of metal plates and a save file to put them in. :)

Oh by the way, the first two parts of Duna Raiders are up. I won't tell you the results but they were mostly favourable.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@ShadowGoat Goodbye Shade.

G4H torpedo 1:

lciRX5g.png

9P8Dv6A.png

G4H Torpedo 2:

sbhWwCH.jpg

SoXSPWl.png

You should have turned the 2 incoming missiles into a sperm whale and a bowl of petunias... :D

Thats a complete all segments kill, as the main segment is destroyed.

Persistent: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wtvile8w3lqpgjl/Persistent.sfs?dl=0

(before you get your hopes up, the intact looking segment called ShadeG1 has no engines, weapons, power or tea.)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Well at this point if we're just mucking around It doesn't matter if I still use the surviving side section. Also I forgot about the probes. I'll just replace them with some guided missiles or something. Not like the probes were all that useful. Ah well. Also it's not logical that your small ship is allowed to split but my big one isn't. If even one section can full fill two, or even 3 of the things required to be deemed functional, then I should be allowed to use it as the side section has no damage whatsoever. Also the second torpedo section survived and if floating out in space, ands it's still viable as it can fire weapons and generate power. Also the side missing the front section can now use its probes as it no longer has any offensive weaponry. I can now use all three of these section in one turn. Have fun!

Edited by ShadowGoat

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

umm. @ShadowGoat I just had a look at the shade, and it has fighters... and carrier cant have their own weapons.

If it's an inconvenience opt to ignore it. These are just the guidelines which give the most balanced and fair play. If it had it's own weapons they'd be too heavy to allow it to go first and then the traditional light weapon fighter carrier would be useless in a combat environment.

Edited by Spartwo

If they're both fully functional and neither have the original name(Called >thing<ship/probe/rover) pick one to designate as the main section and try to salvage from the other. We've had issues with Hydra ships in the past, sometimes even built to break apart easily.

K thanks this helps a lot, as I have an easily splitting ship that frequently splits into two functional segments and I have been told I can't use either. Also you don't outlaw the object thrower in your rules.

Edited by ShadowGoat

@ShadowGoat @Spartwo Another loophole I thought of is that ships, if they have parachutes, could land and make targeting them impossible while being still alive. You are only using the one segment which is now inoperable, right? Now it is out of power are we classing the shade as dead, or are you going to cycle through the surviving sections? I'd prefer if we classed it as dead and apply the same rules to the Eos. I'll have my turn up in a bit. (Also, does anyone have any thoughts on duna raiders? It's my first story, so id appreciate feedback)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

R.I.P.

Did you edit in your carrier, because i cant find it. Or are you using sneaky stealth tactics?

Also oddly, all the apollos missiles have fallen off without me firing them. they are all within load range of me, so woudl you mind if i reloaded them?

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Stealth...? I don't know why you can't find it but it works for me! especially if I can just strike you with the fighters and you won't be able to strike back. I swear if I win just because of the stealth carrier. You know there should be special battle condition where you can't use the map, so stealth would actually be a viable strategy. Oh btw even if you did land on the planet one of my ships is atmosphere capable so it wouldn't help much.

Edited by ShadowGoat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.