Naval Battle League 2016-2018

@ShadowGoat Bad luck on your turn, I can give you some suggestions weapons after the battle if you want. I smiled at the depressed AI. I know in the rules it says ships move in order of tonnage, but would you mind if I moved the Selene again to fulfil the spectres wish? Every other ship has been tested in my fleet, and it is the lightest so it would be disadvantaging me.

Also, after this battle is over would you mind if I copied every turn taken and recompiled them into one massive "battle report" to then link in my signature? 

Edited by MiffedStarfish

@ShadowGoat you forgot to load the Persist manually with alt f9 before taking your turn. You still have 2 intact spectres and 2 intact ghouls. I cant take my turn until you either re do your turn or you give me instructions to simulate your turn. Example: "shoot 3 missiles at the Aristaeus with the ghoul and then move to a lower orbit" Also, the ghoul is lighter so you have to move it first.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Yes I noticed that reference after the fact.

Ah. Oops. I didn't know about the f9 please forgive my ignorance as I'm new to this. I'll redo my turn tonight. TBH the only way I can deal damage is to fire all my missiles at your ships so it's not hard to emulate.

We should do a tournament style battle. Like after we finish our battle, in the same persist as the old battle, the surviving ships fight a new fleet, dark owls fleet in this instance. I think this would be a much more interesting way to do a battle, especially if it's just my one battle ship that I'm using.

@ShadowGoat So far I haven't encountered ANYTHING that hasn't suffered at least moderate hull and internal damage from one of my G3 Torpedos at optimal firing range, so I'd be impressed if your battleship broke that streak. :) When you do your turn tonight, could you show a picture of this battleship? And I'm only letting you bring it in if I can bring in 2 of these:

8kSZU2Z.jpg

@DarkOwl57 Really Pointy, Really Fast. :D

That tournament is quite a good idea, but darkowl would probably need sometime to build ships. Apart from that, yeah, I'm up for it.

Sure. The armor on it is strong enough to deflect 6 i beam missiles at once. And I fully intend to add a new weapon to it that will hopefully work better than my other one. Also it would be a bit of a survival of the fittest things as well. And spring break starts tomorrow so I can be on more.

Edited by ShadowGoat

Ok, I just finished the EX-9, which I'm calling the Eos as it uses 8 "Dawn" engines and I feel it is a new standard of ship for me. The write-up is styled like a brochure for... reasons. (Why did I do that?) 

EX-9 Eos Advanced Stealth Gunship

FnyO76Q.jpg

The EX-9 Eos is the first of a new generation of scout warship, placing as much importance on stealth and sensor systems as on weapons. With Thermally sealable Engines Pods:

DmuyHmi.jpg

aQFc1Yh.jpg

(sorry Spartwo, the Ketan is just too cool) 

EC jamming flares and a 100% reliable planetary scanning system:

doJJ7uO.jpg

A prototype long range sensor-masking protocol, (I will keep it workings secret, but I reverse engineered it off the QSS Itself) it will make even locating and rendevousing with it hard. Even if you do, it is the first F-Tech Vessel to feature full light and heavy Kinetic Absorbsion plating and its thin design structure can cause phasing missiles to pass harmlessly through. Though it places more focus on stealth, it certainly dosent skimp on weaponry, featuring three bursts of I-Beams and four G3 Torpedos capable of subduing larger capital ships, all in all giving it an arsenal capable of rivalling an EX-2.

DY9AhdM.jpg

If you can get past it's defences and punch through it's armour, it will seperate into two Fully Armoured segments, each with two G3 Torpedos and capale of sustaining power and movement with 4 Ion Engines that can run at full power.

SRE4Khq.jpg

With all these features at 40 tons and only 350 parts, it truly is the Dawn of a new class of vessels. (heh. See what I did there, cos Eos is the Greek goddess of the dawn and its funny haha)

Action groups:
1: Propulsion Systems
2: Short-Range EC Flares
3: Planetary Scanner
4: Rear Docking Port
5-8: G3 Torpedos
Abort: Data dump and Emergency Engines

Downlo- Actually, I think I'll keep this one to myself. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

The splitting part seems like it's copied off my capital ship. Also if you bring in those two ships I can bring in a carrier too. Note: I don't have a carrier but a have a tendency to build effective ships in 20 minutes so it should be done by tonight.

Edited by ShadowGoat

@ShadowGoat No, it just did that in testing and I realised it was practical. :) And even if it was, I don't think you could call it copying, as it bears no resemblence to your 400 ton Battlecruiser, it would be like saying "Hey! Your ships also uses I-Beams, you're copying me!

Edited by MiffedStarfish

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.