What happened when you first landed on the Mun?

rhj91

First time I landed, I didn't slow myself enough, and splattered across a the side of the mun. Luckily, it was unmanned.

The second time I really "landed" on the mun, I used more fuel than I expected, and ended up with not enough to make it back to Kerbin, or even reach a stable orbit (Had to abandon Bill there till I rescued him later)

My wife and I cheered. It took me a dozen tries and each time I got into landing position (within 5k and headed down at a reasonable speed) I'd call my wife to watch. She watch me crash about 12 times and mourned the Kerbals each time. When I finally managed it. We cheered. That's the last time we spoke.

Landed. Got bill out. Placed a flag. Got back in.

*space*

separated the landing stage from the return stage.

*space*

ENGINES!!!!

*shift* *shift* *continually holding shift*

DAMNIT!!!! (The lander had taken all of the fuel in the return stage.)

I've Landed on the 2 time if you in could landings where all of ship was distroyed but the CM and a Decupuler. I planted a flag and took about five minutes to get back in the CM. The crash landing was near the arch on the equator. The second time I landed on the Far Side of The Mun, also near the equator. The second time I just planted a flag and Fly around with the EVA Jet Pack.

First time i landed on Mun (perfectly!) the sounds of "R.E.M. - Man On The Moon" filled my house very loudly for a while. During which a huge sigh was had. I needed a towel to wipe away the sweat on my forehead. (i was not aware of Autosave or mods at this point)

I would like to know what happened when you landed on the Mun for your first time.

The first landing where all crew survived (it was a time when wings served as lander legs) IIRC I had all of the spaceship explode and only the capsule remain unharmed :D

It was in .20, and what happened was I sweated bullets, got Jeb down in his jury rigged lander made from what was supposed to be just an orbital single-seat capsule/service module and some landing struts, had a huge sigh of relief, and then an immediate realization that I didn't have enough fuel to get him off the Mun.

Rescue missions continued occasionally until 0.21 came out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.