[0.90] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics - 0.19.3

sirkut

Now updated to 0.15b

Added stepIncrement to the CFG for now.

Also fixed the 3rd party robotics parts bug where it was trying to load a sound effect that isn't present.

Enjoy!

Now updated to 0.15b

Added stepIncrement to the CFG for now.

Also fixed the 3rd party robotics parts bug where it was trying to load a sound effect that isn't present.

Enjoy!

Man you are awesome! Already a new version in just one day.

Testing it right now.

Man you are awesome! Already a new version in just one day.

Testing it right now.

People normally find new issues that I missed when I release a new version so I spend a few days fixing them. Hopefully there aren't too many left. I do have one that I need to work on so I may roll out that fix this weekend. Enjoy!

very minor bug report (just tested on 0.15b) - the IR window will pop up and stay there if you show/hide the interface or enter/exit the Esc menu. Also on first load it pops up, goes away and pops back up again. The IR button on the toolbar still hides it again.

very minor bug report (just tested on 0.15b) - the IR window will pop up and stay there if you show/hide the interface or enter/exit the Esc menu. Also on first load it pops up, goes away and pops back up again. The IR button on the toolbar still hides it again.

Provide exact steps so I can replicate.

I'm having a problem with 0.15b.

I build a simple lifter, set-up staging in VAB, save.

I go into launch and the staging is all staged on 1 stage. I'll seperate and restage on launch pad and the tower holder things don't disengage.

The motors aren't activated.

Also, I hit ESC and revert flight is not highlighted (enabled).

Also, In a previous game save a satellite that was heading to minmus SOI reverted from going around minmus to right at it. You couldn't see Minmus from game view as you should have.

If you respond with where I can get the "Craft file", I'll put into your dropbox.

Thanks,

I have a feature request! Something that has been bugging me for a while. Can you fix the door hinge part so that when you place it in the SPH in pairs the second one isn't flipped?

What if you use the servo rotate button in the SPH to correct the orientation? I made a video in the OP.

I thought I did? Well ok, you need to hide the IR window first with the toolbar but then pressing F2 or Esc will bring it back up

Weird. I'll see what I can do but I'll put that at the bottom of my bug list as it really doesn't break anything. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I go into launch and the staging is all staged on 1 stage. I'll seperate and restage on launch pad and the tower holder things don't disengage.

Also, In a previous game save a satellite that was heading to minmus SOI reverted from going around minmus to right at it. You couldn't see Minmus from game view as you should have.

If you respond with where I can get the "Craft file", I'll put into your dropbox.

Thanks,

You can paste the log file to pastebin or hastebin for me to look at but something tells me this is something else and not the plugin. I don't see how IR would break game view of a planet for example.

You can paste the log file to pastebin or hastebin for me to look at but something tells me this is something else and not the plugin. I don't see how IR would break game view of a planet for example.

If you saved the craft in the editor go to your saved game folder you should find .craft with the name you gave it in the editor.

Thanks,

As a heads up, I had similar bug when using another mod, I think it was the Habitat Pack mod by Porkjet. Basically, it was completely unrelated to the actual mod and was a conflict of some sort stemming from module manager. I know this may sound silly but just do a search on your GameData folder for ModuleManager. The last time I had this happen it was because another mod had a module manager file inside of its folder, not in the actual GameData folder (not Porkjets, I was on a mod installing spree at the time) so wasn't immediately easy to spot. It could be as simple as that, it certainly sounds extremely similar to the behaviour I experienced.

0.15b works fine for me now, no laggs anymore. Also I didn't encounter any menu or toolbar problems.

Well done sirkut. :-)

Once again thanks for your detailed help.

A weird bug occurs when trying removing a parts with a IR part (single or parts chain) attached to it - the Servo Configuration popup window still contains previously added IR parts & becomes blank on mouse over. Debug console throws:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException

[Error]: GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Only VAB cleanup or craft reload helps.

A weird bug occurs when trying removing a parts with a IR part (single or parts chain) attached to it - the Servo Configuration popup window still contains previously added IR parts & becomes blank on mouse over. Debug console throws:

[Error]: GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

Bug has been noted before but thank you for bringing it up! Hope to have some time this weekend to fix it but you did find the workaround that I use. I know how to fix it I just need the time. :)

What if you use the servo rotate button in the SPH to correct the orientation? I made a video in the OP.

Technically this issues stems from the hinge being oriented incorrectly in Unity. With the model rework hinges I've not had any problems with SPH symmetry, hence me questioning the usefullness of rotate buttons.

Technically this issues stems from the hinge being oriented incorrectly in Unity. With the model rework hinges I've not had any problems with SPH symmetry, hence me questioning the usefullness of rotate buttons.

Well I can see where it is needed. If you take a closed hinge with 2x symmetry in the VAB and surface attach into a truss. If you wanted them to point in the same direction or in any weird directions yet keep them tied together you can't unless you use these rotate buttons.

Well I can see where it is needed. If you take a closed hinge with 2x symmetry in the VAB and surface attach into a truss. If you wanted them to point in the same direction or in any weird directions yet keep them tied together you can't unless you use these rotate buttons.

Ah I see. The problem with this though is that it rotates the part around the origin, not the attachment point making it completely unviable for the rework. Just tested this to confirm, and I think there may be a bug in the rotation anyway, as after the first step the rotation behaved erratically and I was unable to return it to zero.

Also, isn't what you describe an issue for all parts anyway, hence the ability to transfer sub-assemblies between SPH and VAB?

Ah I see. The problem with this though is that it rotates the part around the origin, not the attachment point making it completely unviable for the rework. Just tested this to confirm, and I think there may be a bug in the rotation anyway, as after the first step the rotation behaved erratically and I was unable to return it to zero.

Also, isn't what you describe an issue for all parts anyway, hence the ability to transfer sub-assemblies between SPH and VAB?

I will need to look at your parts. I tested the rotate buttons with the closed hinge using surface attachment and the tall hinge with node attachment and they rotated correctly. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the origin of the parts in the 3d model.

This bug has been in the code for quite some time so I guess it's nice when a new release is out, people notice things. :)

While there's a lot to this, I think think there's also the factor of people waiting for their pet bug to be fixed, it not geting fixed for a few versions and then making noise about it. I know I have been guilty of this.

I'm not certain, but I suspect this might be due to how IR handles part add/remove (especially if sirkut is using my GUI code). Since then, I have learned that the part provided to the onPartAttach/Remove event handlers is the root of a tree of parts.

Here are the functions from EL's ship-info window (full source):

void onPartAttach (GameEvents.HostTargetAction<Part,Part> host_target)
{
Part part = host_target.host;
Part parent = host_target.target;
if (buildCost == null) {
addRootPart (parent);
enabled = showGUI;
}
foreach (Part p in part.GetComponentsInChildren<Part>()) {
addPart (p);
}
}
void onPartRemove (GameEvents.HostTargetAction<Part,Part> host_target)
{
Part part = host_target.target;
if (buildCost != null) {
removePart (p);
}
}
}

In light of this, I think I need to do some more testing to ensure I actually hit all the parts in the subassembly, though I suspect part.GetComponentsInChildren() is fully recursive.

Edited by taniwha

While there's a lot to this, I think think there's also the factor of people waiting for their pet bug to be fixed, it not geting fixed for a few versions and then making noise about it. I know I have been guilty of this.

I'm not certain, but I suspect this might be due to how IR handles part add/remove (especially if sirkut is using my GUI code). Since then, I have learned that the part provided to the onPartAttach/Remove event handlers is the root of a tree of parts.

Here are the functions from EL's ship-info window (full source):

void onPartAttach (GameEvents.HostTargetAction<Part,Part> host_target)
{
Part part = host_target.host;
Part parent = host_target.target;
if (buildCost == null) {
addRootPart (parent);
enabled = showGUI;
}
addPart (p);
}
}
void onPartRemove (GameEvents.HostTargetAction<Part,Part> host_target)
{
Part part = host_target.target;
if (buildCost != null) {
removePart (p);
}
}
}

In light of this, I think I need to do some more testing to ensure I actually hit all the parts in the subassembly, though I suspect part.GetComponentsInChildren() is fully recursive.

That's exactly what it is. It doesn't traverse it's children and remove those connected.

Good Morning guys,

I love the new Version, and everything works well so far.

But it Looks like IR is not liking to get parts modified by MM?

When i Change the stepIncement by Hand in the parts it works out well, but when I want to do a Little MM Magic it just gets ignored, Sirkut could you tell me where my mistake is?

@PART[*]:HAS[#stepIncrement[*]]:BEFORE[InfernalRobotics]:NEEDS[InfernalRobotics]
{
@stepIncrement = 1.0
}

I have set it to BEFORE IR to ensure that the changes are made before the DLL is loading them, but somehow it does not work.