What do you do during long burns?

Pinduli

During my last test launch of the "An Exercise in Absurdity", I swept my bedroom, made and consumed lunch, paid some bills by phone, and spent some quality time in the can. I came back to check... and it still wasn't time to drop the next set of empty tanks.

I still have a whole book and a half before I'm caught up on a Song of Ice and Fire.

And a big stack of Stephen King might get me to Jool on nuclear engines.

Gotta get dat fuel efficiency.

Edit: In the spirit of the Kerbal race, I feel like I should be out doing something stupid while I wait for my burns instead of reading. Maybe tape that wasp nest out in my yard to a firework and send THAT into space.

Last time I took a leak and made coffee, I came back and my ship was spinning wildly at full burn. I'd accidentally locked the fuel flow on one of my external tanks, when the middle one drained and start using the outer tanks my centre of mass took a sharp turn to the left. Suffice to say, I don't do anything now, but stare at my ship and monitor where it's pointing.

I don't do long burns because I use hyper edit. I can't do anything legitimately :(

Learn. There are TONS of tutorials for this game. Just install protractor and you should be able to go anywhere.

Edited by Clamps

Things You Can Do While Burning

1. Watch it.

2. Daydream.

3. Make toast.

4. Burn toast.

5. Watch the entire Star Trek series.

6. Get a glass of water.

7. Write a resume.

8. Take a shower.

9. Go on a hot date.

10. Get married.

11. Have kids.

12. Retire.

13. Write an autobiography about how successful in real life you were because of KSP. The book will be titled 'How Burning Helped Save My Life'. It will sell 8 copies, the first one being bought by Jeb.

14. Watch an ice cube melt.

15. Watch another ice cube melt.

16. Poke a llama.

17. Get a replica astronaut helmet, wear it, and discuss the last season of Fringe with the boys down in KSC.

18. Hug a llama.

19. Make dinner.

20. Abort flight and make a ship that doesn't take so damn long to burn.

~ Ales

What I do (in order, longer the burn the more down the list you go)

Watch it

Check map

Check fuel

Recheck staging

Check Kerbal's courage and stupidity

Watch Kerbals

IVA my Kerbals to see what it is like on the inside of my ship

Check other ships data in map

Click on anything I can and see what it does

Browse forum

Wait

Eject random stuff (Including Kerbals)

Make better rocket

Meanwhile in my head planning new crafts/missions thinking about: "How would Scott Manley do this?"

Oh wow! I think we should start a Scott Manley addicts support group. Or am I the only one who has named their first space station Manley station?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.