[Showcase] Replica Craft thread!

Yea, finally finished the Ferdinand for WoT and i'm like half way there for the Ki-200 for WT. Once I finish that research for the Ki-200 I'll probably research the Sabre if the R2Y2 and Kikka update doesn't come out.

Here is my all stock, NASA SLS (Space Launch System) replica. It is set to launch around 2017... which means 2025 if ever. Here is the promo video showing it's flight:

Anyway, you can fly it now if you like [ DOWNLOAD ]! It has a tendency to pull north from its takeoff orientation, but nothing a veteran can't handle. Here is the slide show for comparison to the vid. Enjoy!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/158/c/f/boeing_b_50_superfortress__replica__by_trainzman14578-d7lgpcg.png

Boeing B-50D Superfortress

She's somewhat under-powered, but this bird's stable and easy to fly.

Although her main wheels have a bad tendency to collapse when rolling down the runway at high speeds :(

The Superfortress was not B-50, it was B-29.

• 2 months later...
Firstly, don't necro old threads.

Should point out even if it's been a while, that this is a Showcase and thus always current even nobody's posted in it for ages - thus you can't necro it.

To have something to post, 0.90 TR-1 replica, used for IDing anomalies ( Kerbinside adds rather a lot of anomalies ).

16235332463_f5e3e54494_c.jpg

16232922484_f56329c42c_c.jpg

My KC-135. Uses IR, KAX, and B9. Main gear have had a slight redesign since the pictures were taken. SR-71 has also had an aesthetics overhaul. Functional for mid-air refueling, but not practical. Trailing craft needs to have engines and control surfaces shut off, otherwise it likes to flip out of control. It looks the part, which is all I was going for. Shown refueling a B9 craft modified for refueling, an SR-71 of my own design (although, they all look about the same anyway), and a B2 modified off a design I found on the forum, although I don't remember the creator's name.

Edited by boostedM

Completed my XB-70 last night. Wingtips fold to an exact 65 degree angle for supersonic flight, per the real one, and an approximate 25 degrees for transonic flight. This craft is modeled after AV-1 (USAF 62-0001), the first Valkyrie built, with a 0 degree dihedral angle. AV-2, the second Valkyrie, had a 5 degree dihedral angle for increased roll and yaw stability.

Edited by boostedM

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.