KSP Part Usage Breakdown

spikeyhat09

The company that manufactures struts on Kerbin could probably buy a few continents.

Agreed for sure..

A fascinating thing that comes from the fact that EVA kerbals are parts.

You can sit a kerbal on an external seat, and then transfer him to a pod with crewmanifest, but the EVA kerbal part is still there. You just can't do anything with it as technically, it doesn't have any crew in it.

You can then transfer another kerbal into that kerbal's un-used body. Creepy.

Am I the only person on this entire forum who doesn't really use that many struts? All you need to do is disable engine gimbal on your mainsails, and like 70% of your wobble problems will disappear :D

Oh don't worry, I do that too. But depending on the size of what you're building and the amount of stress you plan to apply on it, sometimes struts are necessary no matter what.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Strutheavy sections are where my payload connects to the lifter, especially if this payload is long and/or widens after a smaller connection point.

Oranges get taped too and everything attached by any radial decoupler - but not so much as I once did.

Kerbals are parts actually. If you EVA one, it's considered a part by the game. A one part ship. And when you sit it in a seat, you "dock" that part to the rest of the ship.

So yeah, Jeb is a part.

So....what you're saying is that Kerbals.....are machines?!

No, fuel tanks actually. Full of Kethane. That's why they're green. And that's why the "KE-WAITNONOSTOP-01 Kerbal Unreconstitutionator" converter from the Kethane plugin just eats your Kerbal to give you Kethane.

truestory.

Lets see...

-They don't starve.

-They don't sleep.

-They don't need to eat.

-They don't breath.

-They can be left for years and still going.

-They're green.

So yup, I guess they are.

]A fascinating thing that comes from the fact that EVA kerbals are parts.

You can sit a kerbal on an external seat, and then transfer him to a pod with crewmanifest, but the EVA kerbal part is still there. You just can't do anything with it as technically, it doesn't have any crew in it.

You can then transfer another kerbal into that kerbal's un-used body. Creepy.

That's... really strange. It seems the Kerbals actually control ships with their souls, not with the controls they are given.

They have no disease

No troubles of mind

No thank you or please

No regard for the time

They (almost) never cry

They never retreat

They have no conception of love or defeat.

Edited by SteevyT
Statement error.

Am I the only person on this entire forum who doesn't really use that many struts? All you need to do is disable engine gimbal on your mainsails, and like 70% of your wobble problems will disappear :D

eventually, you start building large enough such that both locking gimbal, AND sh*ttons of struts are needed to stay in one piece

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.