[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

I'm trying to use a module manager file to change the amount of resources on a ship. I know the script is running as the carbon and water filters are getting added . . . but the amounts of resources aren't changing.

Heres the file I made.

@PART[iSS_FGB]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:Final

{

// remove MFT Support

!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks] {}

// Standard TAC-LS Carbon Extractor using the Bosch process

MODULE

{

name = TacGenericConverter

converterName = Carbon Extractor

conversionRate = 8.16

inputResources = CarbonDioxide, 0.001703210064733, ElectricCharge, 0.039783051310155

outputResources = Oxygen, 0.001713537562385, false, Waste, 0.000001209166498, true

}

// Standard TAC-LS Water Purifier

MODULE

{

converterName = Water Purifier

conversionRate = 8.16

inputResources = WasteWater, 0.000014247685185, ElectricCharge, 0.007123842592593

outputResources = Water, 0.000012822916667, false, Waste, 0.000001994675926, true

}

// Install New Lifesupports

%RESOURCE[Food]

{

%amount = 467

%maxAmount = 467

}

%RESOURCE[Water]

{

%amount = 308

%maxAmount = 308

}

%RESOURCE[Oxygen]

{

%amount = 47283

%maxAmount = 47283

}

%RESOURCE[Waste]

{

%amount = 0

%maxAmount = 42

}

%RESOURCE[WasteWater]

{

%amount = 0

%maxAmount = 393

}

%RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]

{

%amount = 0

%maxAmount = 40843

}

}

Any Ideas?

I'm trying to use a module manager file to change the amount of resources on a ship. I know the script is running as the carbon and water filters are getting added . . . but the amounts of resources aren't changing.

Heres the file I made.

@PART[iSS_FGB]:NEEDS[TacLifeSupport]:Final

{

// remove MFT Support

!MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks] {}

// Standard TAC-LS Carbon Extractor using the Bosch process

MODULE

{

converterName = Carbon Extractor

conversionRate = 8.16

inputResources = CarbonDioxide, 0.001703210064733, ElectricCharge, 0.039783051310155

outputResources = Oxygen, 0.001713537562385, false, Waste, 0.000001209166498, true

}

// Standard TAC-LS Water Purifier

MODULE

{

converterName = Water Purifier

conversionRate = 8.16

inputResources = WasteWater, 0.000014247685185, ElectricCharge, 0.007123842592593

outputResources = Water, 0.000012822916667, false, Waste, 0.000001994675926, true

}

// Install New Lifesupports

%RESOURCE[Food]

{

%amount = 467

%maxAmount = 467

}

%RESOURCE[Water]

{

%amount = 308

%maxAmount = 308

}

%RESOURCE[Oxygen]

{

%amount = 47283

%maxAmount = 47283

}

%RESOURCE[Waste]

{

%amount = 0

%maxAmount = 42

}

%RESOURCE[WasteWater]

{

%amount = 0

%maxAmount = 393

}

%RESOURCE[CarbonDioxide]

{

%amount = 0

%maxAmount = 40843

}

}

Any Ideas?

Try to change your % into a @, see if that works

So for some reason none of the stock or B9 command pods have life support or water, food, e.t.c

I've tried going into the files my self and adding them but that ends up deleting the part from the game, doing nothing or rendering the pod useless.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Having the same here, was working until today.

Basically not changed here, but still no resources.

Already try restore to an early saved game data folder, from today first hour, and nothing to work...

Lost all Life Support (TAC) from all, stock, B9, Alcor, etc command pods and never had the B9 s2 crew (2 and 6 meters) LS on then.

This happens after i put 2.5.3, and when it happens, i try delete the cache, and try revert to 2.5.1 that i use ok all time, but now, still isn't life support at all.

What is happening?

EDIT: I Remove MFT (Modular Fuel Tanks) and it get to work again. This is in conflict with it. Need an attention here.

EDIT2: Solved. Redownloaded the TAC LS, and used the MFT folder with the correct configs to solve this. MFT is on again, and all working.

Edited by Climberfx

Is there a way to keep TACLS from overwriting the resource variables in a craft file? the automated script for adding resources for the # of crew is overwriting the values I've entered in my space stations craft files, and MM mod file.

Ive tried removeing the add_resources.cfg's, but it's still occurring.

Removed the .dll and it stopped. so the dll is ignoring the cfg's and overwriting the resources.

Edited by Ford6

Recently discovered a combination of MFT and TAC-LS leads to odd behavior in B9 cockpits. Pretty sure its a conflict between the B9 MM patches and the TAC-LS ones, but I really can't figure out how it is supposed to be (Not quite got my head around MFT configs yet).

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Recently discovered a combination of MFT and TAC-LS leads to odd behavior in B9 cockpits. Pretty sure its a conflict between the B9 MM patches and the TAC-LS ones, but I really can't figure out how it is supposed to be (Not quite got my head around MFT configs yet).

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Having sort of a bug here with B9 cockpits too, after i put the MFT cfg from TAC LS.

I can't access the contextual menu on Editor. It's lagging the FPS when you click to show the menu, but don't show anything.

Yea i think that's the same - it doesn't let you right click the part unless you save/load the craft or fly/revert. When you do you will see that there's two tank GUI buttons and the whole thing goes wonky because there's two modules fighting for control. If you look at the cfg file as the game see's it (Via alt-f12 in game) you'll see the two MFT modules.

ok fixed the issue with b9 cockpits. go into the B9_Aerospace-MFT-RF.cfg and remove the cockpits in that .cfg and they work fine again. u can still put the other .cfg for tacls in there withotu any problem.

Edited by sidfu

Having a small issue with the 0.25 version. Now, I've grabbed the log from my modded version yet I am unable to get my hands on a stock 0.25 due to the recent 0.90.0 update.

The issue describes itself as following. The parts and resources are available yet the settings menu is not present in the SpaceCenter screen. The button for the toolbar is also unavailable and when actually outfitting a ship with said parts, the resources do not get consumed at all. Am I missing some sort of trigger due to the mod combo and can the config be forced in manually?

I've used TAC in the past, also in other variants of 0.25 though I've never experienced this type of issue before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51uczxp0qk9vcby/Ksp0.25.txt?dl=0

While you're making changes for 0.90, have you considered adding a patch for the Community Tech Tree? I imagine that some of your parts will fit better under nodes like "Recycling", "Hydroponics", or "Short-Term Habitation" than they do when all sitting under "Electronics". I'm happy to put together a patch with my ideas of what fits where, but the idea behind CTT is that mod authors can use patches to put parts into the nodes they think fit the best.

Just a few quick replies. More coming later.

While you're making changes for 0.90, have you considered adding a patch for the Community Tech Tree? I imagine that some of your parts will fit better under nodes like "Recycling", "Hydroponics", or "Short-Term Habitation" than they do when all sitting under "Electronics". I'm happy to put together a patch with my ideas of what fits where, but the idea behind CTT is that mod authors can use patches to put parts into the nodes they think fit the best.

You are welcome to make one. I have too much on my plate right now, so it will be a while if you wait for me to do it.

Having a small issue with the 0.25 version. Now, I've grabbed the log from my modded version yet I am unable to get my hands on a stock 0.25 due to the recent 0.90.0 update.

The issue describes itself as following. The parts and resources are available yet the settings menu is not present in the SpaceCenter screen. The button for the toolbar is also unavailable and when actually outfitting a ship with said parts, the resources do not get consumed at all. Am I missing some sort of trigger due to the mod combo and can the config be forced in manually?

I've used TAC in the past, also in other variants of 0.25 though I've never experienced this type of issue before.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/51uczxp0qk9vcby/Ksp0.25.txt?dl=0

Thank you for the log file. I notice that you have Tarsier Space Technologies installed. Do you have the latest version? It was causing some problems for other mods (including mine), similar to what you described.

Hey, can't wait till you iron out for .9! Yours is a make or break mod for me and ksp.

Curious why you don't distribute through kerbalstuff.

Because when Kerbal Spaceport was shut down, Kerbal Stuff was not very big or well established. And I am hesitant to upload my mod to yet another place and add to my long checklist of things that I have to do when releasing a new version.

Big sigh of relief that you are updating it.

Of course I am :cool:. I just have a lot going on so updates will be slow.

Just a few quick replies. More coming later.

Thank you for the log file. I notice that you have Tarsier Space Technologies installed. Do you have the latest version? It was causing some problems for other mods (including mine), similar to what you described.

That is probably it, considering that there isn't a 0.25 variant for Tarsier. -_- I am ashamed for having let this slip by me in the first place. Thanks for pointing it out, will try it asap, see if it's fixed and report back for posterity. :)

You can get away with immediately launching a life-support module to your space station without kerbals dying, as long as you don't take more than a few hours to rendezvous and dock.

okay thanks, your response made my download and try it out. It works! :D Do you know what can I do with the waste water/CO2 ? I read it doesn't affect Kerbals ,but there was someway to recycle it. Im not sure how I can recycle this stuff. Is this a hands-off kind of thing?

Do you know what can I do with the waste water/CO2 ? I read it doesn't affect Kerbals ,but there was someway to recycle it. Im not sure how I can recycle this stuff. Is this a hands-off kind of thing?

You may process CO2 with the TACLS Carbon Extractor and TACLS Sabatier Recycler. I prefer to use the Universal Storage Sabatier Reactor, though.

For Waste, "A greenhouse part that allows growing Food is planned, but is not included yet." However, there are third-party parts to allow this sort of thing. YMMV. I prefer to return all Waste to KSC.

Edited by Gryphon
What To Do With Waste

okay thanks, your response made my download and try it out. It works! :D Do you know what can I do with the waste water/CO2 ? I read it doesn't affect Kerbals ,but there was someway to recycle it. Im not sure how I can recycle this stuff. Is this a hands-off kind of thing?

There is a CO2 scrubber in the parts that converts CO2 back into oxygen. It's called a Carbon Extractor. There is also a Water Purifier in the parts as well that returns fresh water.