[1.0.5] TAC Life Support v0.11.2.1 [12Dec]

TaranisElsu

You may process CO2 with the TACLS Carbon Extractor and TACLS Sabatier Recycler. I prefer to use the Universal Storage Sabatier Reactor, though.

For Waste, "A greenhouse part that allows growing Food is planned, but is not included yet." However, there are third-party parts to allow this sort of thing. YMMV. I prefer to return all Waste to KSC.

COOL! :D I didnt realize the many many parts it added that game, never even thought of it. For the waste part, im going to hack the BioMass mod so it can use waste as an input for making biomass. Life will be good!

There is a CO2 scrubber in the parts that converts CO2 back into oxygen. It's called a Carbon Extractor. There is also a Water Purifier in the parts as well that returns fresh water.

heck yea!!! im going to fall in love with this mod!

You may process CO2 with the TACLS Carbon Extractor and TACLS Sabatier Recycler. I prefer to use the Universal Storage Sabatier Reactor, though.

For Waste, "A greenhouse part that allows growing Food is planned, but is not included yet." However, there are third-party parts to allow this sort of thing. YMMV. I prefer to return all Waste to KSC.

LOL, coprometeors :cool:

Hmm, so the "quick fix update" doesn't seem to be working for me. No build aid, no configuration window, and life support resources don't appear to be consumed. I can still place all the parts however. This is x64/Linux. Any ideas, or do I just need to sit on my hands and wait?

Hmm, so the "quick fix update" doesn't seem to be working for me. No build aid, no configuration window, and life support resources don't appear to be consumed. I can still place all the parts however. This is x64/Linux. Any ideas, or do I just need to sit on my hands and wait?

Did it work with .25?

TAC has never been built to support x64.

For those wanting to have "TAC-LS ready" ships in career mode before an official rebuild for 0.90, you can use either parts from Universal Storage or from OKS/MKS. Both have life support ressources, so when the TAC-LS mod is installed, your ships won't be starved. Then you can launch "upgrades" and dock them.

There is a CO2 scrubber in the parts that converts CO2 back into oxygen. It's called a Carbon Extractor. There is also a Water Purifier in the parts as well that returns fresh water.

This reminds me. Several versions ago when I built my first inter-planetary ship. I ran the extractors/purifies and the lights went off! The crew shortly perished, for lack of electricity having failed to bring any systems online. A little while after that the ship exploded for lack of antimatter containment.

I did get fresh air and water though.

I checked a save file and found that every electrical integer was now NaN! I did mean to bring it up as a bug at the time but RL got busy. Now we are versions away and I have a entirely new instance of ksp. I can't wait to build a new ship and see if it happens again!

This reminds me. Several versions ago when I built my first inter-planetary ship. I ran the extractors/purifies and the lights went off! The crew shortly perished, for lack of electricity having failed to bring any systems online. A little while after that the ship exploded for lack of antimatter containment.

I did get fresh air and water though.

I checked a save file and found that every electrical integer was now NaN! I did mean to bring it up as a bug at the time but RL got busy. Now we are versions away and I have a entirely new instance of ksp. I can't wait to build a new ship and see if it happens again!

Try installing the batteries in the correct direction this time.

Having the same here, was working until today.

Basically not changed here, but still no resources.

Already try restore to an early saved game data folder, from today first hour, and nothing to work...

Lost all Life Support (TAC) from all, stock, B9, Alcor, etc command pods and never had the B9 s2 crew (2 and 6 meters) LS on then.

This happens after i put 2.5.3, and when it happens, i try delete the cache, and try revert to 2.5.1 that i use ok all time, but now, still isn't life support at all.

What is happening?

EDIT: I Remove MFT (Modular Fuel Tanks) and it get to work again. This is in conflict with it. Need an attention here.

EDIT2: Solved. Redownloaded the TAC LS, and used the MFT folder with the correct configs to solve this. MFT is on again, and all working.

Could you be a touch more specific about how you did this?

Specifically the config files which ones and where you put them?

Thanks.

will this mod kick in when ive already built a space station? Or am I going to have to re-build the entire thing?

The mod adds life support resources to most pods and cabins, so as long as your superfast with a refit mission once a 0.90 version is released you will be fine. Thw window you will have would be determined by what command parts the station is built with and how many kerbals are there, but regardless if your fast on refit it should be ok (unless ya got 40 kerbals or something and only 1 man pod on whole station).

You are welcome to make one. I have too much on my plate right now, so it will be a while if you wait for me to do it.

Thanks! Here we go (call it something like "TACLS_CTT.cfg"):

@PART[TacAirFilter|TacWaterPurifier|TacWaterPurifierLarge]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,TechManager]
{
@requiredTech = recycling
}

@PART[TacCarbonExtractor|TacCarbonExtractorLarge|TacSabatierRecycler|TacSabatierRecyclerLarge|TacWaterSplitter]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,TechManager]
{
@requiredTech = enhancedSurvivability
}

I put the filter/purifier parts under "Recycling", and the various reactors under "Enhanced Survivability". I was okay with leaving the big storage units in "Heavy Rocketry" since that's pretty much required for long-term missions anyway.

If this makes sense to you, feel free to include it in your next release!

@PART[TacAirFilter|TacWaterPurifier|TacWaterPurifierLarge]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,TechManager]
{
}

@PART[TacCarbonExtractor|TacCarbonExtractorLarge|TacSabatierRecycler|TacSabatierRecyclerLarge|TacWaterSplitter]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,TechManager]
{
}

I put the filter/purifier parts under "Recycling", and the various reactors under "Enhanced Survivability". I was okay with leaving the big storage units in "Heavy Rocketry" since that's pretty much required for long-term missions anyway.

You should submit a pull request on his github page.

Could you be a touch more specific about how you did this?

Specifically the config files which ones and where you put them?

Thanks.

Hey Commander.

When you download TAC Life Support, it came with other extra folders to custom installs.

One of this folders is "TacLifeSupportMFT" , the one i do not have it installed before. Só i just find it and extracted on the gamedata/thunderAerospace.

This is the cfg from TAC to support the Modular Fuel Tanks.

15439409393_6da36400a8_o.jpgFolder TAC LS MFT by Climberfx, on Flickr

{
}

{
}

Hello. In order to make this work, I had to change the two @requiredTech to @TechRequired

I ended up with:

@PART[TacAirFilter|TacWaterPurifier|TacWaterPurifierLarge]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,TechManager]:Final
{
@TechRequired = recycling
}

@PART[TacCarbonExtractor|TacCarbonExtractorLarge|TacSabatierRecycler|TacSabatierRecyclerLarge|TacWaterSplitter]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,TechManager]:Final
{
@TechRequired = enhancedSurvivability
}

I have a ship with a Carbon Extractor on board, and it's running out of oxygen. Is this intended behaviour?

Details:

Running TAC LS 0.10.1.13 on KSP 0.25, Linux 64-bit.

4 kerbals on board.

Initial supplies: 2 Mk2 pods, 4 small hexcans, 2 large food containers.

Recyclers: 2 carbon extractors, 2 water purifiers.

Resources panel: https://flic.kr/p/qbEFNC

This happened when I was between the orbits of Duna and Dres, on a Kerbin-Jool transfer.

Is it just me or does this mod make KSP really difficult and unrewarding? The "build a colony on x planet" contracts do not seem to even cover half the cost involved in getting them self-sufficient nor does the science reward feel worth all the 3+ launch effort of a MKS/OKS.... Maybe I'm doing something wrong, are their easier ways to help Kerbals survive without a full on station?

Is it just me or does this mod make KSP really difficult and unrewarding? The "build a colony on x planet" contracts do not seem to even cover half the cost involved in getting them self-sufficient nor does the science reward feel worth all the 3+ launch effort of a MKS/OKS.... Maybe I'm doing something wrong, are their easier ways to help Kerbals survive without a full on station?

KSP is a simulation. The only "difficulty" is what goals you set for yourself.

That aside, when i played this in .25, i had no trouble keeping myself flush in later tech advancements. So I have to do a few areal surveys to launch a multi million kredit station... so what?

KSP 0.90 (Beta) compatibility

Has issues in the new version, including the Build Aid window not showing up at all. I uploaded a quick fix. Use at your own risk. No guarantees. I will upload a new version after I have had a chance to fully test it.

Just cannot extract that fix. Downloaded the zip-file (for Win) twice. Have tried OS zip extractor and 7-zip with no luck.