Kerbin Mini Shuttle

helldiver

A PSA from another modeler....

It may seem odd, but most of the time mods are not created for sole purpose of expanding content in the KSP community. They are created by the modders because they themselves see a need for them, or think it would be a fun project. They choose to share them with the community, partly because of pride, and the rest is a sense of kindness and sharing of their hard work.

The main point here is it's not your project. You didn't put in the hours or the craftsmanship and skill it took to create it. You just scream "I WANT GIVE ME NOW" and it does not help the process. It just makes them more frustrated with it and less likely to finish.

If you feel the need to comment because you want it released, give praise not demands, and let it go at that....

Great job keep up the good work.

Alright guys my sincere apologies for the disappearance.

I was out of town for the holidays (I live in Cali, was down in Florida). When I got back I got swamped with work and a family trip. Figured I'd hear from ZRM since then but looks like we may have lost him :( It's alright, no harm no foul. Folks just sometimes lose interest or get busy with other stuff.

-I still have all resources. Including the FBXs with most of the KSP specific fixes ZRM recommended. It's all triple backed up (on an SSD, a USB Flash, and two HDDs).

-Everything is hierarchied and pretty much ready.

What would have to be done:

-The entire import process (from FBX->Unity->KSP)

-Any missing shader (normal map, specular, glow if needed?)

-Any plugin to get the engines functional and the shuttle flying appropriately.

-Integration of the Multi-function displays (which ever we decide to use).

I'll send some messages out to see if any of the modders with experience in this would like to team up with me.

Anyhow, this isn't dead. It's just sitting there like an old engine block getting weathered. :D

helldiver, good to hear from you and don't worry about the nattering nabobs of negativism :]

Can't help you with much of that, but if you still want to use RealFuels I can bang out a config for you. Also, re: engines, sounds like dtobi would be the person to talk to there.

I'll put in a plug for RasterPropMonitor, and not just because I work on it. There's a lot of flexibility with what it can do, and the looks you can achieve, ranging from the digital glass cockpit of the ALCOR lander to some stock-looking (but functional!) designs.

RasterPropMonitor I think someone suggested earlier. Going to go with off the shelf stuff as much as I can. Again, this will be up to the programmer to decide what's the most convenient and time effective measure. Don't want to get bogged down programming something from scratch again since I think that may have been what fizzled ZRM.

It's just strange since he was done pretty much. I mean the shuttle was flying perfectly. Had a bit of a buggy launch but I chalk that up to the instruments being shut down. This is so mysterious.

Not going to announce who I sent messages to out of respect for other modders and it may be a couple days until one of them gets back to me who is available and willing to take on the project.

Helldiver, sorry about ZRM, but RL happens. And you don't owe any apologies for the amount of time this project has taken. Give frizzank's, NathanKell's and other supporters' post a good read. This is your mod and you control when it gets released or ever gets released. I for one am looking forward to it and will patiently wait until you roll her out of the VAB atop her booster in all her glory. Till then, keep flyin' straight and true Bro.

For the engines, check out Dtobi's Space Shuttle Engines mod. It's a great gimbal control plugin, it does precisely what you want. For MFDs, there's of course RasterProp monitor, the best MFD plugin in existence. It's good enough for BobCat, so this mod can use it, too. :) Hopefully you'll find an Unity expert to help you with conversion.

Alright guys my sincere apologies for the disappearance.

I was out of town for the holidays (I live in Cali, was down in Florida). When I got back I got swamped with work and a family trip. Figured I'd hear from ZRM since then but looks like we may have lost him :( It's alright, no harm no foul. Folks just sometimes lose interest or get busy with other stuff.

-I still have all resources. Including the FBXs with most of the KSP specific fixes ZRM recommended. It's all triple backed up (on an SSD, a USB Flash, and two HDDs).

-Everything is hierarchied and pretty much ready.

What would have to be done:

-The entire import process (from FBX->Unity->KSP)

-Any missing shader (normal map, specular, glow if needed?)

I'll send some messages out to see if any of the modders with experience in this would like to team up with me.

Anyhow, this isn't dead. It's just sitting there like an old engine block getting weathered. :D

Engage to the point englishman mode, 'thank f*** for that'. With the impending rerelease of the CSS Shuttle all my shuttle needs should be covered. BIG THUMBS UP!

YES! yesyesyesyes.

/disable child mode.

I really suggest using RasterPropMonitor for the MFDs.

For the engines, just give them a big gimbal range and SAS will do the rest for you (I think so at least). I wonder if it's possible to make pitch gimbal stronger than yaw gimbal?

/enable child mode

*runs away screaming yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes

i cant wait for this to come out..... when is it coming out?
Guys lets just go with the BobCat style for deciding on a release date: Soonâ„¢

Thanks to that earlier inquiry, it's now Soonâ„¢+1. :D