[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

You're asking for a lot. Some people seem to think programming a new feature is as simple as wishing for it and waving a magic wand. It takes a lot of work.

I'm a software engineer: i suppose i know what it takes, that's why i am asking on this forum, as it seems some people have a lot more free time than i do, given the rich and awesome mods we already have here.

I am certainly not talking about an OS installer, but something in game, maybe at load screen, to pick whatever we really want to load or not. Just throwing ideas, someone who reads this topic and has the skills can take it up from there (as i said the idea was not targeted specifically to you Tiberion - it's a general problem in KSP).

Doesn't even need to be that complicated. Just a description of what everything is in a readme.txt, so we can pick and choose what to install instead of installing and going backwards.

True but you'd have to manage inter dependencies manually, provided there are any. I'd rather have a simple UI with some kind of hierarchy (a treeview, with checkboxes for example) so that when i disable a root part all dependant parts are disabled too, that would be the point. Otherwise modders would have to conform to a strict folder structure..

Yeah, I'm currently struggling with the same issue. Some parts does make it way into the game, while others do not. From the logfile it seems like the game doesnt find the model files,

PartCompiler: Cannot clone model from 'NovaPunch2/Parts/FuelTanks/NP_LFT_5_0mx12_0m' directory as model does not exist

This may very well be a conflict between all the other mods I have installed. If anyone know of mods that would case this please tell. :)

EDIT:

Done some testing by disabling my other mods, and seems like it was BoulderCo's texture compressor mod that made things go haywire.

Edited by atomman
resolved issue

Yeah, I'm currently struggling with the same issue. Some parts does make it way into the game, while others do not. From the logfile it seems like the game doesnt find the model files, .

This may very well be a conflict between all the other mods I have installed. If anyone know of mods that would case this please tell. :)

EDIT:

Done some testing by disabling my other mods, and seems like it was BoulderCo's texture compressor mod that made things go haywire.

I tried that with the tanks folder exempt from the compression, but they still don't show. I can't run it without or I get crashes.

I would like help with a .craft i've been working on. I had it stable for awhile, right around 4600dV atmos while delivering 185ton to a 75km orbit, but I've added several solid boosters to get the dV higher and now whenever I launch the thing flips over either immediately or within the first 300m. I've made sure all my probes are pointing the right way, i've even redone them to be sure. I tried changing control from here several times, and it never helps. If anyone can figure out what i'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. I've spent about 2 hours going through parts trying to figure it out. Other lifters launch perfectly, so I know it's not my install.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5421261/KSP/Mega%20NP%20Lifter.craft

This .craft requires mechjeb2 (i'm using the latest dev build, 159), KW rocketry, novapunch, and the RCS thrusters from B9.

Typically when Mechjeb flips over on launch, its trying to gravity turn too early. Make your launch profile more vertical, so it doesn't start turning until 15-20k. I dont have all of those mods installed right now so I can't test it out - if that doesn't work, post a screenshot?

My mechjeb launch profile is stock, it starts the turn at 7k. also not using FAR. Like I said earlier, I can load up a different craft with the same mechjeb settings and it launches fine.

Are you by any chance using more than one pod? Say a lander attached to your main craft? If so then you need to make sure that the master pod (the one mechjeb is controlling the rocket from) is pointing UP at launch. Sometimes when building mechjeb can get confused as to which module its supposed to be controlling and pick the wrong one. I ran into this error and it took me a few tries to realise that the navball was orange at launch, in other words as far as mechjeb was concerned I was launching my rocket UPSIDE-DOWN, so it immediately tried to fix that by flipping over on launch. The easiest solution is to select whichever pod is pointing the right way and select control from here. I do however still get an occasional bug where mechjeb thinks the rocket is rotated along its length (rolled) by 90 or 180 degress, so it rotates on launch, which can cause issues on big launchers and sometimes even shake them apart if it is still not righted when the Grav Turn begins.

My mechjeb launch profile is stock, it starts the turn at 7k. also not using FAR. Like I said earlier, I can load up a different craft with the same mechjeb settings and it launches fine.

Are any SRBs placed with their middles above the CoM? If there is, they'll make the craft unstable.

Are any SRBs placed with their middles above the CoM? If there is, they'll make the craft unstable.

actually yes, I have four of them up there. I do have the gimbals disabled, but i'll test removing them.

EDIT: correction. I DO have four of them up there, but they are not ignited at launch, so they aren't doing anything. I never get to the stage where they are lit without it flipping.

Edited by SHaFT7

Are you by any chance using more than one pod? Say a lander attached to your main craft? If so then you need to make sure that the master pod (the one mechjeb is controlling the rocket from) is pointing UP at launch. Sometimes when building mechjeb can get confused as to which module its supposed to be controlling and pick the wrong one. I ran into this error and it took me a few tries to realise that the navball was orange at launch, in other words as far as mechjeb was concerned I was launching my rocket UPSIDE-DOWN, so it immediately tried to fix that by flipping over on launch. The easiest solution is to select whichever pod is pointing the right way and select control from here. I do however still get an occasional bug where mechjeb thinks the rocket is rotated along its length (rolled) by 90 or 180 degress, so it rotates on launch, which can cause issues on big launchers and sometimes even shake them apart if it is still not righted when the Grav Turn begins.

In my original post I showed where I checked this. I've fallen prey to it before, but it's not the case this time.

EDIT: well, I systematically pulled things off until it flew straight. I still don't know what's wrong, but it seems that I can't build a lifter that'll push 200t into LKO using novapunch 5m stuff.

Edited by SHaFT7

I have a bad problem: the Thor landing legs will not deploy. It is absolutely vital that they be fixed since I'm re-enacting Apollo 11 at the moment, and if Jeb and Bill can't land, the mission is a bust.

actually yes, I have four of them up there. I do have the gimbals disabled, but i'll test removing them.

EDIT: correction. I DO have four of them up there, but they are not ignited at launch, so they aren't doing anything. I never get to the stage where they are lit without it flipping.

Even if they're not ignited, they'll still cause instability. That's because of the way drag works in KSP without FAR.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.