Squad, where are you guys?

korda

Constructive criticism. That's what the game needs.

If you have a problem with something go to support and post it if you have some suggestion about how to fix it say it. The post will eventually adressed but devs have no obligation of answering instantly to every complain.

If you have a problem, go to bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com and report it. Then it will be addressed. You'll be able to see progress and status updates. Other people can provide information to confirm your bug report. This is the system that is in place to bring bugs to the attention of the devs and for them to provide feedback on the progress they've made in squashing them. Wasting their time on the forum is pointless and only eats into their dev time. They created the bug tracker so they wouldn't need to look for bug reports or gripes on the forum.

Dude. They're sleeping. They don't need to tell you they know if they know they do know, and don't worry they do. Just wait until the sunshine comes young grasshopper.

They're in for a suprise when they wake up and look at the forums... xD

They're in for a suprise when they wake up and look at the forums... xD

They know already, Harvester has been replying to threads, it's working (for the most part) as intended. People are simply misunderstanding the uses. Adapt.

I'm not having any problems with the new ASAS personally, it's a bit smoother and slower though which is also why it doesn't wobble anymore...

After 2 flights I'm already used to it!

Guys calm down, Squad have always been quick with fixes and I'm sure if there is any room for improvement in a few days there will be another patch. If instead its just that the new ASAS needs to be used differently or doesn't work with older designs I'm sure someone on here will figure out and produce a guide to the new SAS. Until then you can either try and understand the problem and file helpful bug reports or tutorials or you can revert to 0.20 and await patch and/or a guide.

Small and innovative dev teams like Squad need our support and constructive help to produce a game we all want. I'd much rather have a game like KSP even if we have minor or even major issues at first release of a new version (which are always fixed) than the same old, same old from the big developers, none of which have produced anything like KSP.

Post by HarvesteR is here:-

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/41835-Come-back-old-ASAS-all-is-forgiven!?p=540433#post540433

Tells you how to test ASAS. Basically start from clean build with no mods and build stock and test from that config first. Only then start trying old designs and mods. That way you can maybe get some useful info to the devs = faster patching!

Edited by Kerolyov

Let's all keep it cool, civil, take a few chill pills and relax.

And if you have a legitimate bug, that you can reliably reproduce, then by all means, file a proper bug report.

In fact, Harvester even mentioned that in the response that was already noted at the beginning of this thread, including a step by step test people can go through to test the new SAS behavior, how it is, and isn't supposed to work, and steps to ensure your install is working properly.

Oups ... *hides own post*

In fact, Harvester even mentioned that in the response that was already noted at the beginning of this thread, including a step by step test people can go through to test the new SAS behavior, how it is, and isn't supposed to work, and steps to ensure your install is working properly.

Over at Star Trek Online they have (whatsitcalledagain...) - well, a developers watch, an overview of every post by a developer - does the forum software here also supports this? I almost always just kept reading those posts and never had the feeling I missed out on any information.

Over at Star Trek Online they have (whatsitcalledagain...) - well, a developers watch, an overview of every post by a developer - does the forum software here also supports this? I almost always just kept reading those posts and never had the feeling I missed out on any information.

Sounds a good idea, but for now a way to track devs is with the search feature.

1) Goto advanced search

2) Click Single Content type Tab

3) Set Sort Results by: as Last Posting Date

4) Set Show Results as: Posts

5) Type a devs username in User Name: box e.g. HarvesteR and you can see all their recent posts

You know, this giant explosion of 'OMG SAS NOT WORKING WTF'- threads shows exactly the reason why test-versions are first released to a small trusted group of testers and not the whole community...

Sounds a good idea, but for now a way to track devs is with the search feature.

1) Goto advanced search

2) Click Single Content type Tab

3) Set Sort Results by: as Last Posting Date

4) Set Show Results as: Posts

5) Type a devs username in User Name: box e.g. HarvesteR and you can see all their recent posts

I just go to the main forum page, click Harv's name in his most recent dev blog post, which takes you straight to his member page where you can see all his posts. Just remember to click "Harvester" in his member page so you see only his posts, not all his friend's posts too.

No, they don't owe you nothing. They could literally not tell us a thing and release an update out of the blue without even warning us of what was going, what was in the update, when it went experimentals, and etc. They're humans, they don't have to babysit you and to hold you by the hand through every step of development. If you're impatient, then hold yourself, you shouldn't expect people to comply to your desires because you can't wait a few hours.

Yes, by buying an unfinished game your standing is pretty much like the random kerbal with max courage and stupidity lined up to test an radically new rocket design

Squad gives us access to their game early and some people want more. Oh, gaming community...

And they are doing this only because they are so cool? We've got that access because they probably need those sales to keep up development. Why they even fix some bugs that could easily wait to release or made placeholders like current atmospheric model? I think that you should remember that they are actually selling this game and if someone will read opinions that game is buggy there is great deal of chance that he won't buy it on full release anyway.

...I think that you should remember that they are actually selling this game...

I think you should remember that you have bought early access. If you expect it to be a final polished game, then you did not check what you were buying.

The new SAS doesn't mean you can slap any old thing together and get it flying

This is my take so far - the days of having a Gigantor ship that turns on a dime are over, and we'll need to become better rocket and spacecraft engineers...and better pilots.

As for Squad, I expect they're taking a little break after a hard sprint and starting to look at the SAS feedback. I have every confidence that if there's an issue they'll make an adjustment, and if PEBKAC they'll provide some better guidance on how this works.

I suspect that Squad hasn't said much because, at this point, they don't know what to say. A bunch of people are reporting problems, and a bunch of people are saying everything's fine, and the guys at Squad are trying to sort that out and figure out IF something is really wrong, and if so WHAT is wrong. When they've figured that out, they'll say something. This is how responsible adults handle conflicting feedback.

Folks, the devs are aware of these issues. For the most part, it's just people screaming "It doesn't work" without any data or information to help the devs fix the issue. This is very unhelpful and only serves to distract them from what they are doing, fixing the problems. Now, would you rather they spend the day reading mostly useless drivel on the website or working hard at getting a patch ready?

I've said it before and I will say it again, we have no problems with constructive criticism, but whining and moaning is going to be removed as it adds no value to the community. Each one of you has the opportunity to file a proper bug report to help solve these issues, don't waste it. Coming to the forums to complain doesn't help anyone.

Since this thread is no longer adding anything of value to the community, we'll just close it down here.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager