Open Source Construction Techniques for Craft Aesthetics

Since the redesigned structural fuselages are now hollow, we can use them as crew tunnels and since the new Mk.1 crew cabins have doors that exit out of their ends

How many kerbals can one stuff inside one of these high density crew modules structural fuselages?

i guess he used the new MK1 cockpit to create 'access' doors / airlocks on anything :)

at least, with that we can easily place access doors almost anywhere we want to :) (and it fits in a 1.25m tube - unlike the lander pod which is larger than 1.25m :P)

i guess he used the new MK1 cockpit to create 'access' doors / airlocks on anything :)

at least, with that we can easily place access doors almost anywhere we want to :) (and it fits in a 1.25m tube - unlike the lander pod which is larger than 1.25m :P)

Sure that part is clear. :rolleyes:

However, I still don't see the point. You cant really use the pod. And as you can only exit on one side it makes no sense. :confused:

Edited by Majorjim

Sure that part is clear. However, I still don't see the point. You cant really use the pod. And as you can only exit on one side it makes no sense. :confused:

It can be used as an access point like in a hab or as a funky airlock in a big ship. I use something similar in The Dunatian as an airlock entrance to the hab, but as sgt_flyer said with a lander can, this is a bit smoother, and I was forced to 2.5m because of the shape of the can.

It can be used as an access point like in a hab or as a funky airlock in a big ship. I use something similar in The Dunatian as an airlock entrance to the hab, but as sgt_flyer said with a lander can, this is a bit smoother, and I was forced to 2.5m because of the shape of the can.

I see the thinking behind it but when you exit the pod you will clip through the tube. So you will have that pod extending into the hab? Or will you have to swap to another pod inside anyway? I really don't see how this would work.

I see the thinking behind it but when you exit the pod you will clip through the tube. So you will have that pod extending into the hab? Or will you have to swap to another pod inside anyway? I really don't see how this would work.

It's like you have never seen my stuff :sticktongue:

O7AMMu5.png

Yes you can switch to a pod inside and then EVA inside the fairing, which can have a full interior built inside.

It's like you have never seen my stuff :sticktongue:

http://i.imgur.com/O7AMMu5.png

Yes you can switch to a pod inside and then EVA inside the fairing, which can have a full interior built inside.

Yeees Iv'e seen ya stuff man. Ok, so as it worked before just with a little tunnel leading up to the pod door. Then you swap to a pod that has an inside access door?

Yep, this would just be a nicer looking and smaller door

I would imagine the new 2 kerbal crew module being even better as it has access points in both ends. If you use your trick above with one of those, but stick one end inside the fairing and the other end outside, you don't even need the crew transfer to get a kerbal inside. Just enter through the outside door, and EVA through the inside one.

I would imagine the new 2 kerbal crew module being even better as it has access points in both ends. If you use your trick above with one of those, but stick one end inside the fairing and the other end outside, you don't even need the crew transfer to get a kerbal inside. Just enter through the outside door, and EVA through the inside one.

Very true

since the redesigned structural fuselages are now hollow, we can use them as crew tunnels and since the new mk.1 crew cabins have doors that exit out of their ends, these can be used in the following manner:

http://imgur.com/a/uc8tf

HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS?!?!

Also, why does the forum not let me use capitals?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure that part is clear. :rolleyes:

However, I still don't see the point. You cant really use the pod. And as you can only exit on one side it makes no sense. :confused:

Does making Jeb jump out of his ship and fall into Jool have point? Or course not! THIS IS KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM, FOR GODS SAKE

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy folks, thought I'd share a wing design that's been eluding me for a while now. Chances are someone's cracked this already, but if not hope this helps. Basically it's an emulation of the Sukhoi wing (SU-27) made up of a swept wing type A, type B and a couple of flipped wing strakes. The nice thing about this is you can add rails to the outside to put fancy weapons on.

[imgur]Unbvj[/imgur]

[quote name='Zucal']The new Mk0 intake is great for portholes.[/QUOTE]

My little trick is practically the same (you beat me to it), but with some very fine offset to produce a slightly different effect. It can even be used as a mock cockpit of sorts for tiny craft.

[imgur]qmZdB[/imgur]

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, A_name said:

Just a heads up, the index on the OP is broken, everything links to the top of the thread.

Yeah, they will be broken because of the forum migration, it broke existing forum thread links. For now you have to sift through the thread. :)

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.