(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I'm having a lot of fun with this mod, I was having two missions going at once yesterday but I'm not sure how can I have several missions active at once, is this possible? usually the missions give me barely enough money to keep afloat, so I can't afford to have independent missions. Is there any way to have one mission per ship?

Thanks for the great work

I'm having problems with recycling also.

I started a new career, got my science up to 300, purchased recycling. I've flown 2 missions thus far and have yet to receive anything when I recover a landed vessel.

Edit: Yeah, I just sent up a stock command pod/chute with a simple booster and decoupler. Flew to about 20 thousand meters, detached and landed safely. I didn't get any money back. Seems vessel recovery isn't working, for me at least. It's a must have for me, since I'm not very good at building economically sound rockets. I'll dig myself a deep financial hole.

May go back to .71 for the time being, because I know it worked for me in that release. I definitely can't scrap this mod, it's just too awesome.

Edit again: FYI, I reinstalled .71, restarted career and followed the same path. Seems vessel recovery is working again. Not sure if it's one of my other mods that caused this in .723, because I have quite a few... regardless, I'm gonna stick with .71 for now.

Edited by True Incompetence

I've tried to find an answer already within this thread I really have! But, work constraints (as in I'm at work and am using the internet too much) mean I can't spend much more than the hour or so I've already invested... So please could anyone tell me or point me in the right direction for a mission pack that would work alongside career mode in KSP? Or attacking from the other side of the 'problem' does anyone know of a Treeloader that fits alongside MCE?

I realise that many people use MCE in sandbox mode as a replacement for the career mode itself but i really want to use both. Any help, even a comment or page number, would be great if it's already been asked / answered.

I'm asking now on the off chance that I've been answered by the time I get home and can jump straight into gameplay (yet another restart!)

Thanks in advance

Okay have continued looking and am still not fired from work - seems the Random Missions is the pack to go with? Is there a Treeloader that people find works with that particularly well? Or am I completely wronf on all counts?

Edited by paradoxh
found new info

... So please could anyone tell me or point me in the right direction for a mission pack that would work alongside career mode in KSP? Or attacking from the other side of the 'problem' does anyone know of a Treeloader that fits alongside MCE?

I used all missions from the Stock pack (Stock.mpkg) and a few from randomMissions.mpkg with a brand new career game with KSP 0.23.5. They work great in career, you just have to follow a logical path to progress as money may become a factor. RandomMissions lets you get some easy money whenever you may need, because of repeatability. I had no need to change the TechTree in any way.

I'm having problems with recycling also.
Last night, I watched the Squad KSP 0.24 First Contracts video that was released Friday.. KSP 0.24 will handle recovery/recycling as a stock built-in function.

@malkuth: I assume recovery/recycling will be removed from MCE, given that it is now redundant?

Are there any mission packs which are working properly with the newest version? Besides the Stock and randomMissions packs that come with the mod?

I sadly can't seem to find any :(

In the Mission Controller directory, there is a ZIP file which contains the Bootstrap mission packages. Unzip it and move the packages to that directory.
So please could anyone tell me or point me in the right direction for a mission pack that would work alongside career mode in KSP? Or attacking from the other side of the 'problem' does anyone know of a Treeloader that fits alongside MCE?

I realise that many people use MCE in sandbox mode as a replacement for the career mode itself but i really want to use both. Any help, even a comment or page number, would be great if it's already been asked / answered.

I also use MCE in Career mode. Works fine.

@Malkuth: Given the functionality demonstrated in the First Contracts video:

1) Will Reputation be added to MCE as a reward (like Funds and Science)?

2) KSP Contracts will be procedurally generated. MCE has mission progression built-in; that is, some missions require accomplishment of a predecessor mission. Might MCE evolve towards mission generation as well? For instance, once a given mission is performed, the next mission of that type may be a bit more demanding and include a higher funds/science/reputation reward?

Edited by Apollo13

Hi everyone sorry can't respond as much as before, next couple weeks I will be not very active because I'm in the middle of moving and setting up my new house. I will check out the video released (have not seen it yet).

But some quick things.

Yes drop recycling. No need if its part of .24.

Yes will use Reputation.

Yes I will be using .24 contracts and convert a bunch of mine to that system, and make more.

Might keep the old mission packs as a classic missions that people can use.

MCE in .24 is going to concentrate on new contracts system for .24.

Expanding on the .24 Budget system.

Expanding on Hire and Training of Kerbals.

Thanks everyone if .24 comes out before I finish moving then MCE will be delayed a few weeks maybe after. But even if that is the case I'm sure .24 will keep you guys busy for a few weeks anyway.

In the Mission Controller directory, there is a ZIP file which contains the Bootstrap mission packages. Unzip it and move the packages to that directory.

Thanks, I will use them. I thought they wouldn't work since they were marked as not supported. :)

Edited by sasoro

Thanks everyone if .24 comes out before I finish moving then MCE will be delayed a few weeks maybe after. But even if that is the case I'm sure .24 will keep you guys busy for a few weeks anyway.

Definitely. Good luck with your move. We will eagerly await your return.

Hi everyone sorry can't respond as much as before, next couple weeks I will be not very active because I'm in the middle of moving and setting up my new house. I will check out the video released (have not seen it yet).

But some quick things.

Yes drop recycling. No need if its part of .24.

Yes will use Reputation.

Yes I will be using .24 contracts and convert a bunch of mine to that system, and make more.

Might keep the old mission packs as a classic missions that people can use.

MCE in .24 is going to concentrate on new contracts system for .24.

Expanding on the .24 Budget system.

Expanding on Hire and Training of Kerbals.

It looks like .24 features recovery for landed vessels, but doesn't handle recovery of dropped stages.

Is there an easy to use mission editor or is it all text based?

MPKG files and SP files are text.

It looks like .24 features recovery for landed vessels, but doesn't handle recovery of dropped stages.

Good point. Dropped stages need to have parachutes. We'll see if 0.24 handles that situation.

After researching recycling, do I have to do anything other than put parachutes on in order to get a spent stage to recycle? What restrictions are there in dropping a stage, I only read one bit about it doing a drag calculation, so will FAR screw that up or is it comparable? Can I drop from space as long as my periapsis is below the surface? When/how does the money get added to my budget?

From what I can see from videos looks like the missions are going to need a lot of tender loving care in .24.

From what I understand there is not Launch Satellite type missions. So far what gather even though they are all random these are what missions are in .24 career mode.

Test part

Rescue Kerbal

GrandTour

Explore

Get Science.

So really I can see a huge need for mission categories. Bring over Repair Missions (will be expanded) Rover Research (expanded again) and Orbital Research (expanded again) will be some of the first missions I will work on.

Looks like I will have to keep the Auto Recycling In place so thats going to be part of new MCE.

Not sure if you hire kerbals or not, but you seem to get free ones from the Rescue mission.

Expand of course my idea of Kerbal Ranks.

So basically MCE will be gutted. Might even have to start from scratch. Not sure yet, sure don't want Bloat Old code in the new MCE thats not used anymore. Might be a little work involved in this update. The code structure is of course intact for most the things listed above.

Anyway After I move, and get some play time in .24 and test it out I will have a better idea of whats needed.

Most likely will start with some sort of Pre Release Dev Versions etc.

From what I can see from videos looks like the missions are going to need a lot of tender loving care in .24.

From what I understand there is not Launch Satellite type missions. So far what gather even though they are all random these are what missions are in .24 career mode.

Test part

Rescue Kerbal

GrandTour

Explore

Get Science.

So really I can see a huge need for mission categories. Bring over Repair Missions (will be expanded) Rover Research (expanded again) and Orbital Research (expanded again) will be some of the first missions I will work on.

Looks like I will have to keep the Auto Recycling In place so thats going to be part of new MCE.

Not sure if you hire kerbals or not, but you seem to get free ones from the Rescue mission.

Expand of course my idea of Kerbal Ranks.

So basically MCE will be gutted. Might even have to start from scratch. Not sure yet, sure don't want Bloat Old code in the new MCE thats not used anymore. Might be a little work involved in this update. The code structure is of course intact for most the things listed above.

Anyway After I move, and get some play time in .24 and test it out I will have a better idea of whats needed.

Most likely will start with some sort of Pre Release Dev Versions etc.

Can I suggest you team up with Nereid from the "Final Frontier" kerbal achievements mod on the ranks stuff? I HIGHLY recommend that mod. I'd much rather see the rank system in that mod since he has a lot of the work already done for that. Obviously though, that is just a suggestion, please don't be offended by my input. However I have thought for a while that a strategic partnership between you two would be pretty badass as far as immersion gameplay goes. Anyway, cheers. I'm so excited for .24

So I'm confused by that because the .zip file states BSP missions not supported! Are you referring to those or another .zip file?

This mod is gonna be usefull for "filling in the gaps in the contract system".

I guess that there won't be a contract that you need to launch a satelite into a desired orbit.

Even fixing the satelite might not be in it.

These are some things i think won't be in the contract system, but hopefully that this mod can fix those.

Hello,

I'm was using the version "65", and had a strange glitch, where the text would stop wrapping, putting scroll bars in the windows.

It didn't seem to be related to any error (nothing of note in the alt+F3 window), and it would come back to normal after a restart of the game.

Thinking it might be because I was on an old version, I installed the version 723, but it seems to still happen.

Apart from this issue, I am really loving how the mission give goals, and I can also choose my own goal.

The only way it could be even better would be the ability to "bind" a mission to a flying craft, so that you could take on multiple missions, when it starts to involve waiting long time for transfer windows, but that's fairly small compared to all that's already possible.

So many thanks to everyone involved in making this awesome mod and missions.

To malkuth: I've had a lot of fun with this mod over the last several months, and I just wanted to give you a "thank you" for it. With 0.24 I will probably stop using MCE for a while, until you figure out how you're going to integrate it with the new features of stock (which I'm certain will require a massive re-write of this mod).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.