[1.8.1] Docking Port Alignment Indicator (Version 6.8.5 - Updated 12/14/19)

NavyFish

20 minutes ago, NavyFish said:

you mean like this? 

You're three quarters of the way there!

That looks good.  It's not really necessary, since you have the  number displayed, but I do like it as a quick check.

13 minutes ago, NavyFish said:

Yeah, as you said,  it's purely aesthetic...

I wouldn't say purely.  I use it as a rough guide for alignment, so I can watch it out of the corner of my eye and not have to watch the number closely.  It also helps visualize how the rest of the alignment will be affected during a roll maneuver.  I find it easier to work with the visualization, instead of trying to think about the numbers.  I only pay close attention to the number when I am just about to dock and finalizing my alignment.

5 hours ago, razark said:

If you're going to be modifying the graphics, have you considered adding the roll scale to more than just the top of the image?  I personally added it on the other three sides, but having it go fully around the display would be nice, too.

I think it may be better to leave the roll scale as is, to cut down on the information from the display you have to process.  If you've rolled outside of the limits of its display, the pointer will be at one or the other of the extremes, telling you which way to roll to align.  You never really roll at a fast rate, just start rolling and wait until the pointer starts shifting and then you slow it.

18 hours ago, NavyFish said:

Make sense, thank you.  If anyone catches wind of the correct event hook let me know and I'll put it into the next update. Hoping to push that out this weekend, a couple surprises in store for everybody :)

I know what surprise _I_ am hoping for this weekend.  My fingers are crossed, Navy!

Thanks again for a "must-have" mod!

Ainamogel

On 28. 4. 2016 at 4:38 PM, NavyFish said:

You're welcome to edit the texture files in the plugin data directory, as long as you don't change their physical dimensions any modifications you make will be loaded into your game. If you end up making a helper texture feel free to post it to this thread for others to use.

Please note,  if you plan to do this you may want to wait until this weekend. The next update will be making some changes to the texture sizes and configurations,  so you would have to redo your work.

Sorry but i havent got right programs (only drawing) and I am not 18 years old if its neccessary.

@NavyFish thanks for this awesome mod. I have never been a fan of manual docking (after hours of practice, I found it repetitive and mechjeb did most of the work), anyway, after trying your mod, I'm very happy to manual docking again! Very easy and intuitive!

@trooperMNG Glad to hear it.  Thanks for sharing! 

I was hoping to put out the next update today, but some personal obligations came up and so that may not happen.  If not, then hopefully early this coming week. 

One exciting change in the hopper for this update, and another big new feature right behind it for the next- both based upon contributions from forum members.  Good stuff. 

I no longer see the icon for Docking Port Alignment Indicator.  I reinstalled it, but still no icon.  I ran KSP in 32-bit mode and 64-bit mode, and it didn't matter - no icon.  Does anyone have any advice?  I noticed the icons are now arranged vertically at the top of the right side of the screen.  They used to be arranged horizontally at the top of the screen at the right.  I don't know if that makes any difference.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!  I find this game is virtually unplayable without this fantastic mod!!!

On 4/18/2016 at 6:39 PM, NavyFish said:

3 hours ago, liquidkut said:

I no longer see the icon for Docking Port Alignment Indicator.  I reinstalled it, but still no icon.  I ran KSP in 32-bit mode and 64-bit mode, and it didn't matter - no icon.  Does anyone have any advice?  I noticed the icons are now arranged vertically at the top of the right side of the screen.  They used to be arranged horizontally at the top of the screen at the right.  I don't know if that makes any difference.  

Any help is greatly appreciated!  I find this game is virtually unplayable without this fantastic mod!!!

When you reinstalled, did you delete the NavyFish folder from GameData and copy a new one from a fresh download?   That should work:   1: Delete Old   2: Download fresh copy   3: Extract Zip  4: Copy NavyFish folder from extracted to Gamedata

Edited by nukeboyt
Problems with Forum....

3 hours ago, nukeboyt said:

When you reinstalled, did you delete the NavyFish folder from GameData and copy a new one from a fresh download?   That should work:   1: Delete Old   2: Download fresh copy   3: Extract Zip  4: Copy NavyFish folder from extracted to Gamedata

Thx it worked.

I am Back

It wasnt so hard .

1) Download this :  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1844281442466234&set=a.1547647405462974.1073741830.100006531873908&type=3&theater

2) Rename it : gaugeBackground

3) Export it to PNG (Sorry ,but I dont know how. JPEG dont work)

4) Put it in : main KSP folder  GameData  NavyFish  Plugins Docking Port Alignment Indicator →PluginData →DockingPortAlignment

5) If ask to owerwrite , do so ( if dont ask , something is wrong)

6)PLAY !

the 1. character is yaw/pitch and 2. is translation

Edited by Penkover

Good job! you might want to host the image elsewhere, as I can't access Facebook to see it (not sure if it's just a broken link or because I don't have a FB account). But glad you figured everything out!

Update Released!

Version 6.4:

• [added]   New gauge foreground artwork by community member Devric. Sweet!
  • [added]   You can now invert each alignment, translation, and roll axis via the settings menu.
  • [change]  Unified GUI and RPM rendering paths: Cleaner, faster mod.
  • [updated] Re-added support for Blizzy's Toolbar mod. If present, icon will default to Blizzy's toolbar.
                     The icon can be forced to use the stock app launcher by editing 'DPAI Settings.c
    fg'

Edited by NavyFish

12 minutes ago, NavyFish said:

New gauge foreground artwork by community member Devric. Sweet!

Nice.  I like the looks of this version, both the fore and background.

13 minutes ago, NavyFish said:

Re-added support for Blizzy's Toolbar mod. If present, icon will default to Blizzy's toolbar.
                 The icon can be forced to use the stock app launcher by editing 'DPAI Settings.c
fg'

Yay!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.