[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

For anyone trying to install Tingle's pack, WinRAR does NOT work. Maybe a full unlocked version does, but the trial version will not recognize the files, even though you can open them and see what files are inside. You must DL and install 7Zip in order to truly unzip the files for use.

As a suggestion to Tingle, you might want to make this completely clear to other players, as I wasn't aware the two programs differ in this way and wasn't sure if it was the pack or the software.

Celestial Bodies Revamped

This pack offers, or will offer, all planets and moons in a vanilla friendly feel with a small touch of my own added.

With true HD Color- and Normal- maps, I present this pack in both default and doubled resolution.

I'm having trouble with this pack. Mediafire says the zip file is 101MB in size. When I download it, it jumps to 106MB, then I get an error when trying to unzip the files. Any ideas?

For anyone trying to install Tingle's pack, WinRAR does NOT work. Maybe a full unlocked version does, but the trial version will not recognize the files, even though you can open them and see what files are inside. You must DL and install 7Zip in order to truly unzip the files for use.

I'm on Ubuntu Linux, and my unzipper Archive Manager also seems to be having problems, possibly related to the extra 5MB that appears during download.

Edited by AbuMaia

I'm having trouble with this pack. Mediafire says the zip file is 101MB in size. When I download it, it jumps to 106MB, then I get an error when trying to unzip the files. Any ideas?

I'm on Ubuntu Linux, and my unzipper Archive Manager also seems to be having problems, possibly related to the extra 5MB that appears during download.

I'm having issues, too. All I want is that awesome looking Jool!

It's hanging KSP and sometimes my entire computer on load, even if I'm only using Universe Replacer and stock.

Yeah, for me the same. With the update to .21 i think the use of memory on Mac increase, left less to other stuff.

Is the case of This amazing Universe Replacer.

If i put 8k textures, ksp won't open...

With lower res tex, it open, but hangs...

Jool will be changed again in my next rev, Rareden is hitting me up with a procedural generated gas giant texture which looks a lot better than the Jool I did.

Use 7zip for now if you have issues with the files, I'm going to upload them as 7z files again in the future, seems other archive formats have issues splitting up/re-combing files or I'm just doing it wrong.

Hi,

I did up four suit textures and I'm running into an issue and I wonder if anyone can help. They started out as my attempt to create the suits seen in the movie "2001" but, I didn't like the ribbed effect so I dumped it in favor of solid colors.

The suits are:

EVASuit1.png = Yellow

EVASuit2.png = Green

EVASuit3.png = Red

EVASuit4.png = Blue

I also have four helmets but they all look the same because I didn't like the random mismatching of helmet to suit.

There is also the EVASuitNormalMap.png.

All files are in the UniverseReplacer\Textures\Kerbals folder.

Here is the problem.

The fist EVA has no suit texture. As can be seen there is no Yellow, Green, Red or Blue texture.

1.png

Now it gets strange. The next Guy out has no texture but the first guy is now Blue.

2.png

Okay, now I exit the next guy. Now the first guy out is Red, the second out is Blue and the third has no texture.

3.png

Now the final guy leaves and as can be seen the first guy is Green, second guy is Red, third is Blue and the fourth has no texture.

4.png

What did I miss? Do I have to add each suit to the cfg file? Put them in their own folders? What?

Thanks for any help.

It's hanging KSP and sometimes my entire computer on load, even if I'm only using Universe Replacer and stock.

That's 0.21.1. I was using 0.21.0 for a while and never had that problem, but I updated to try a craft file, and I noticed it was very slow/laggy. I think it's just the update, not the mod.

Hi,

I did up four suit textures and I'm running into an issue and I wonder if anyone can help. They started out as my attempt to create the suits seen in the movie "2001" but, I didn't like the ribbed effect so I dumped it in favor of solid colors.

The suits are:

EVASuit1.png = Yellow

EVASuit2.png = Green

EVASuit3.png = Red

EVASuit4.png = Blue

I also have four helmets but they all look the same because I didn't like the random mismatching of helmet to suit.

There is also the EVASuitNormalMap.png.

All files are in the UniverseReplacer\Textures\Kerbals folder.

Here is the problem.

The fist EVA has no suit texture. As can be seen there is no Yellow, Green, Red or Blue texture.

1.png

Now it gets strange. The next Guy out has no texture but the first guy is now Blue.

2.png

Okay, now I exit the next guy. Now the first guy out is Red, the second out is Blue and the third has no texture.

3.png

Now the final guy leaves and as can be seen the first guy is Green, second guy is Red, third is Blue and the fourth has no texture.

4.png

What did I miss? Do I have to add each suit to the cfg file? Put them in their own folders? What?

Thanks for any help.

Try removing the normal...

My, how helpful. Yeah, I can figure it out: avoid all 7z packs.

So you are saying modders should adapt to your very rare special user case when deciding how to pack their mods? There are only 2* (or 3, depending on you Winrar version) choices to split correctly a large archive. And thanks to the space port (at least currently) being completely useless for our purposes, no Nexus category for KSP on the Nexus and no Steam Workshop integration etc. pp we are left with inferior hosting solutions that require split archives.

WinRAR mode 1 - *.rar, r01

WinRAR mode 2 - *.Part01 , Part02

7zip/Ace - *.001 , *.002

And if you use linux it's as simple as installing the correct 7zip package via the package installer command.....

########

Interestingly, the latest 7zip produces files that winrar can no longer unpack... now that is an issue that is annoying to say the least. Guess there's no way around installing 7zip (on Win)

Edited by eRe4s3r

Thanks for the quick solution to the suit missing its texture. I still have the suit color switching issue but, I can live with that. Does anyone know what part of what texture controls the helmet visor color. Some how I managed to turn mine a shade of yellow and I can't find the area of the texture that is mapped to the visor. It gives all the Kerbals a yellow tint which really doesn't look good with their green skin.

So you are saying modders should adapt to your very rare special user case when deciding how to pack their mods?

Nope. I wasn't attempting to use the split packs, but the smaller single pack. And without seeing the download and use numbers, I can't say how "very rare special" my user case is. That does sound a bit condescending, though. Did you find it necessary to be belittling in your reply?

As for 7zip, http://www.7-zip.org/download.html as you can see it has a lot of version for a lot of OS's.

Thank you. Finally a helpful reply. I didn't realize there was a 7z version for linux. When I went to the site originally, all I saw were Windows binaries.

Edited by AbuMaia

Thanks for the quick solution to the suit missing its texture. I still have the suit color switching issue but, I can live with that. Does anyone know what part of what texture controls the helmet visor color. Some how I managed to turn mine a shade of yellow and I can't find the area of the texture that is mapped to the visor. It gives all the Kerbals a yellow tint which really doesn't look good with their green skin.

Well that is interesting to say the least. I haven't even noticed that the color of the visor changes depending on the textures.

If that is indeed the case I wan't to know as well, because I want red/blue visors ;P