Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

Gonna ask a question regarding cables: I hope to implement some support cables on my radio mast, and I'm not sure what people would prefer, as the cables would be a solid mesh, so If you hit them, you go boom. Or would anybody prefer no cables, or implement no colliders or something?

Heres my progress (textures not final and models are also not final)

Its nowhere near as impressive as all you other people so far. :P

Oh yeah, may I request a part of "Future" Island?

hAhncxP.png

Edited by Cooly568

The ORIGINAL POST has been finally redesigned! I had no idea it would take me this much time, but I hope it's much readable now. Some little things are still missing I will add them later. All new things are written in RED

The most important thing is that the number of personal textures now must be less than 3. 5 is an absolute maximum. But note that I will update the texture pack with more textures such as tiled brick and roof tiles, possibly windows.

EDIT: I added a few other things in TECHNICAL, make sure you read it.

Edited by nothke

Can't say I'm sure about your decision not to allow Unity Export Packages. Thats the easiest way to get the collider set up correct.

Is what you are expecting that we use mesh colliders all the way through, label them as colliders, and then you'll just turn off the mesh renderer and change them to concave mesh collider?

(saying that, do PQScity objects even need a convex collider? honestly, I have no idea on this one.)

Can't say I'm sure about your decision not to allow Unity Export Packages. Thats the easiest way to get the collider set up correct.

Is what you are expecting that we use mesh colliders all the way through, label them as colliders, and then you'll just turn off the mesh renderer and change them to concave mesh collider?

(saying that, do PQScity objects even need a convex collider? honestly, I have no idea on this one.)

For static objects you don't need a convex collider, concave mesh collider works pretty good.

If you have a separate collision mesh you should name it something like col_*** or collision_*** so I know that I should remove the renderer there. But I will decide where to put a mesh or box collider if needed. Setting up colliders takes a little time really.

I need to write these things down on the OP.

I need your models cause I need to check out them first. Sometimes there are silly mistakes (like duplicated faces), useless textures or lots of other possible things, and sending models back and forth from me explaining "change this, change that" would take forever considering there's 15 plots (for now) to do. I will of course consult with everyone if the changes I make are ok or not.

Nothke: if Phase B is open, when will we be able to start modelling things for Future Island? :)

Phase B is not modelling, it's planning. Modeling and plot "sale" comes after I lay down the streets for at least one island.

Edited by nothke

It was nice of you to credit Razchek for the code you're using to actually get this into the game or the post you copied to edit your OP. >.>

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

So I've decided to scrap my original premise for the design of the MIS business/research campus and start over. I like this one a lot more - so far it's just one building, but I'm planning to add a bunch of smaller ones.

X4moMZF.png

The overhead view of the building actually forms the MIS logo, which I thought was a nice touch.

I finished the texture for one of the cases for the Kerbin City's gamestore.

(not final)

http://i.imgur.com/y1b5tJ5.jpg

Cool Cooly!! You MUST make the "Human Space Program" box xD

I did some fictional logos myself, one for my future aircraft company and.. domino.. I think that's self-explainable

byYgJPv.jpg

PriSXKi.jpg

Edited by nothke