[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Concerning the SRB thrust limiter issue that has already been a little discussed, I would like to know if it would be possible to add a setting to the mod that will allow the player to choose to set the thrust limiter "0" setting to 50% or 0%.

I have downloaded and used nicogusuarez's fix but I would appreciate if the choice was given to the player in game, rather than having to use DIY fixes.

You can already in VAB only not sure why but maybe because the throttle is locked might be why we can't change it in flight.

You can already in VAB only not sure why but maybe because the throttle is locked might be why we can't change it in flight.

You can't change the thrust limiter of a SRB outside the VAB, that's for all SRBs, stock included.

What I was refering to is the fact that, in the VAB, if you set thrust limiter of a KW SRB to 0, it will still have 50% of its thrust (can be seen in KER and in flight). It is not possible to limit them to less than 50% of their nominal power, only from 100% to 50%.

here's an interesting issue I've had since 0.90 and finally decided to try to track down while setting up my 1.0.4 install:

YEZzp9Rm.png 5X2ju1Um.png

left image is a simple craft I launched from the VAB to the pad. Right image is what happens after I return to the Space Center and jump back out to the pad. It seems that whenever I set the RCS tank as the root part, whether at the start of construction or through the root tool, once it's launched and then reloaded the RCS tank shrinks. I've stripped down to Stock + KW, AIES, RLA_StockAlike and HyperEdit and it still happens. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the game to want to shrink that RCS tank. In the more recent version of KWR this tank was replaced by a procedural tank, but I have kept the part for compatibility with most of my existing vessels. Here is the part.cfg:

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config

// --- general parameters ---
name = KW1mRCSfuel
module = Part
author = KW Rocketry

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KWRCSfuel/KW_Fuel_RCS
scale = 0.335, 0.335, 0.335
}
scale = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.2, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
node_attach = 0.0, 0.0, -0.505, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = fuelSystems
cost = 800
category = 0
subcategory = 0
title = SA-1 RCS Fuel
manufacturer = KW Rocketry
description = A 1.25m container of hypergolic fuels for RCS thrusters.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.15
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.2
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 12
maxTemp = 2900
fuelCrossFeed = True

// --- rcs fuel tank parameters ---

RESOURCE
{
name = MonoPropellant
amount = 100
maxAmount = 100
}
}

I have not seen this behavior with any other root part in the game. Anyone have any ideas?

Concerning the SRB thrust limiter issue that has already been a little discussed, I would like to know if it would be possible to add a setting to the mod that will allow the player to choose to set the thrust limiter "0" setting to 50% or 0%.

I have downloaded and used nicogusuarez's fix but I would appreciate if the choice was given to the player in game, rather than having to use DIY fixes.

Nope, that's not possible. There's a value in the .cfg files of the srb's that determinds their minimal thrust. So the only way, to change that is to change it in the .cfg file. Once KSP loaded the parts when you start the game, these values are set and can't be changed as long as the game is running.

[...] Second, if I put a decoupler under a KW Rocketry engine no fairings builds around it. I'm using the KW Community Fixes for 1.0.4.

I suffer the same issue, installed via CKAN including community fixes.

I only use the engines usually and delete all other parts except for the fairings (because I think they are needed for the shrouds), so I keep those as well. Anyway, this time I didn't delete anything so far to make sure I'm not causing the problem myself.

Any hint is appreciated.

The community fixes patch disables the auto-fairings. Not sure why. This line.

Interesting, thanks!

I'd like to know why this is done, though. Suppose there is a pretty good reason for and and enabling it again migth cause issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using a bunch of mods related to Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System and for some reason it has made the upper-stage large diameter engine cluster (5*10mJ2 engines in real life) disappear entirely. Are there any known conflicts with this mod that may have caused this?

WHen i download this mod and i change the fairings to the original fairings but it doesn't included the 5m expanded fairing cone or wall for the original fairings. It has the original base, 5m expanded base, but not the cone or walls. What should i do. Thank you!

Yeah, I don't understand this either. This should have been done in an auxillary patch to allow end users the same choices KW has always given them.

That was the intent when I posted the patch for linuxgurugamer to include. It shouldn't be installed by default.

Guys, I have a problem. The KW 3.75m‑2.5m Petal Adaptor doesn't decouple. I followed the instructions and I didn't staged it. First „Open Fairingâ€Â, then „Decouple†in the top to bottom order of the buttons, and it doesn't work. Please help! :(https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp1y94hj9egcr0n/screenshot0.png?dl=0

Is there a reason why i'm not seeing fairing walls and cones? I only see the base in my inventory and assembling the fairing from there is how it is stock in 1.0.4 where you click and drag it up shaping it out. Am I missing parts?

Edited by Tetra84

Hi! I've installed both community fixes and interstage config using CKAN, but my interstages still work as interstages, not as decouplers. And decouplers don't make a procedural shroud around KWR engines...

If you're talking about my contribution to the community fixes, this is working as intended. If you want decouplers to create shrouds you need to delete `KWPatch-interstage.cfg` -- warning, this may be craft breaking.

Is there a reason why i'm not seeing fairing walls and cones? I only see the base in my inventory and assembling the fairing from there is how it is stock in 1.0.4 where you click and drag it up shaping it out. Am I missing parts?

KW Rocketry fairings don't work with stock aero so they were moved to an optional install. If you want to use KW's fairings install FAR or check out Felbourn's "Old School Fairings" (in development).

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/132343-1-0-4-Old-School-Fairings

5 meter expanded fairing wall and nosecone from old fairings is not appearing in the parts selection.

Update: The problem was caused by missing .mu files, KW_Fairing_ExpandingWall5m and KW_Fairing_ExpandingCone5m in Parts/Fairings/UnifiedFairings5m. I downloaded from a previous version, 2.6d2 from the curse project site and put it there.

Edited by Beano

hi, why do the engines not have fairings if I put a decoupler at the bottom?

3 posts above you, mate.

If you want decouplers to create shrouds you need to delete `KWPatch-interstage.cfg` -- warning, this may be craft breaking.

Also, on the last page:

The community fixes patch disables the auto-fairings. Not sure why. This line.

sorry, i searched with google, and I didn't know that they are called 'shrouds'

anyways, if you want to install kw using ckan it automatically adds the community fixes, (u cannot uncheck it)

i did not add the "comunity fixes - interstage" config, because i wanted to keep shrounds

already the first of these fixes does that, so the second does nothing, as i see it correctly.

so removing the above mentioned file does not suffice,

but the strage thin is, after removing both, also the file "KWPatch-2.cfg" which is identical to the "KWPatch-interstage.cfg" brings me no shrouds

oh wait, the stock parts now have shrouds, but not the kw engines

Would it be possible to adjust the texture for the SRB Nosecone? Making the nozzles more visible (say, red) would make it much easier to ensure that they're attached correctly.

Hopefully this is what you had in mind. All you'll have to do is drop GameData into your KSP directory, once dropped into the directory a window should pop up asking you whether you want to replace a file or not. If you click accept the old texture will be overwritten and the new one will take its place. There is also a different folder in the archive that has the original texture should you want that one back.

Click here to download.

5qAjd1U.png?1

Hey, i really love this mod, but not much of a fan of the new P fairings. I can deal with them for most single launch payloads, but when building stations, i like to use the fairing base as an orbital tug. Would it be possible to give us the ability to set the fairing sides to jettison but leave the payload attached to the base? If so, i will be more happy to keep useing this.

Hey, i really love this mod, but not much of a fan of the new P fairings. I can deal with them for most single launch payloads, but when building stations, i like to use the fairing base as an orbital tug. Would it be possible to give us the ability to set the fairing sides to jettison but leave the payload attached to the base? If so, i will be more happy to keep useing this.

Me too