[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Good night, sorry for the question , maybe answered but couldt find the answer in the thread ...but i hope you can help me

This version of rocketry works correctly on ksp 1.0.4 ? because with me crash in the atmosphere

There are two community fixes. You need both of them. Available via CKAN. See the following link for heating issues and use both patches. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129918-KW-Rocketry-Community-Fixes

Edited by nobodyhasthis

Anyone know a fix for the old fairings? Essentially the issue is that instead of ejecting outwards away from the payload they eject in the opposite direction and right into the payload. I've been poking around the config files for them and there doesn't seem to be anything that I would think would be the culprit so I'm hoping someone with a little more knowhow could give me a hand on fixing this.

And on that note, any reason why the 5m Expanded fairing nose and walls aren't in the download?

Anyone know a fix for the old fairings? Essentially the issue is that instead of ejecting outwards away from the payload they eject in the opposite direction and right into the payload. I've been poking around the config files for them and there doesn't seem to be anything that I would think would be the culprit so I'm hoping someone with a little more knowhow could give me a hand on fixing this.

And on that note' date=' any reason why the 5m Expanded fairing nose and walls aren't in the download?[/quote']

Hmm mine don't do that. I have tested the old fairing in new KSP as part of my "old school fairings" mod. If yours are backward somehow then maybe another mod has done it. Try checking your ModuleManager.ConfigCache to see what the ModuleDecouple parameters are for your version of the nose PART file.

Can't imagine which mod might be doing it, but here's what the cache says is going on with one of the nosecones:

UrlConfig

{

name = KW2mFairingCone

type = PART

parentUrl = KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/KW12mFairingCone/part2m

url = KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/KW12mFairingCone/part2m/KW2mFairingCone

PART

{

name = KW2mFairingCone

module = Part

author = KW Rocketry

scale = 1

node_stack_connect = 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

node_stack_bottom = 1.5, 2.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

sound_dec = decouple

TechRequired = flightControl

entryCost = 600

cost = 160

category = Aero

subcategory = 0

title = 2.5m Fairing Cone Half

manufacturer = KW Rocketry

description = A fairing cone half for 2.5m rocket payloads.

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

stackSymmetry = 1

mass = 0.2

dragModelType = default

maximum_drag = 0.001

minimum_drag = 0.001

angularDrag = 0.001

crashTolerance = 8

maxTemp = 3200

stagingIcon = DECOUPLER_HOR

stageOffset = 1

childStageOffset = 1

fuelCrossFeed = False

MODEL

{

model = KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/UnifiedFairings/KW_Fairing_Cone2m

scale = 1,1,1

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnchoredDecoupler

anchorName = anchor

ejectionForce = 800

explosiveNodeID = bottom

}

MODULE

{

name = CollisionFX

scrapeSparks = true

collisionSound = CollisionFX/Sounds/Bang1

scrapeSound = CollisionFX/Sounds/GroundSkid

sparkSound = CollisionFX/Sounds/SparkSqueal

}

MODULE

{

name = TweakScale

type = stack_square

defaultScale = 2.5

}

MODULE

{

name = GeometryPartModule

}

MODULE

{

name = FARAeroPartModule

}

MODULE

{

name = FARPartModule

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleTweakableDecouple

decouplerModuleName = ModuleAnchoredDecoupler

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleTweakableCrossFeed

fuelCrossFeed = false

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleStagingToggle

defaultDisabled = false

activeInFlight = true

activeInEditor = true

}

}

}

I would imagine that may be its the anchored decoupler that's doing it, but i've already tried replacing it and I think it either didn't work or my rather "throw stuff at the wall and see if it works" method didn't quite pan out. (Or both)

KWRocketry/Parts/Fairings/KW12mFairingCone/part2m/KW2mFairingCone

You're using the old-style fairings' date=' right? Because on my end, that has the ejection force set to [b']-200, not 800 as in yours. Do you have any mods that would swap it from a negative to a positive number? Either way, that number should be negative, which would explain why they're decoupling the wrong way.

Actually that was me trying to fix them before hand. Before I had this issue they wouldn't actually decouple at all they would decouple but there'd be no ejection force at all. Hmm. I'll try reverting to a negative and see it if it works but I have a feeling I'm just going to hit the no ejection force bug again. (and now that I think about it that may be the actual core issue now xD)

EDIT: Gave it a whirl and now I see why I was having the nodecouple force bug in the first place. Any way to make tweakscale play nicely with the negative values? (I like tweaking the smaller fairings to be larger because they look a bit better than the basic 3.75/5m ones, or because I just want two fairing halves in a larger size)

Edited by G'th

Yep, it should be negative, but you'll find that using TwerakScale and TweakableEverything will conflict a bit with the values and cause them to go wonky. After placing a fairing bit, and sizing it, rclick it and adjust the ejection force as desired. I have not found another way to ensure they have the right values other than reprogramming the mods.

Yep, it should be negative, but you'll find that using TwerakScale and TweakableEverything will conflict a bit with the values and cause them to go wonky. After placing a fairing bit, and sizing it, rclick it and adjust the ejection force as desired. I have not found another way to ensure they have the right values other than reprogramming the mods.

Huh. This is so strange but back when I started fiddling with them whenever I'd rescale them I wouldn't be able to get the negative values back. It'd just be stuck at 0 and wouldn't budge anywhere. But now it seems to be working fine.

Weird. But oh well, it works as intended! :D

This is dump question and I know this maybe have been ask many time. But does this mod work with 1.0.4? I'm just come back to play KSP again and haven't update any news since 1.0

Yes, if you get the community fixes pack. I believe you can find it here.

So, two questions:

1) Does the petal adapter work as expected in 1.0.5?

2) Have you thought about splitting the older fairings into a separate mod and possibly bundling those with http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/132343-1-0-4-Old-School-Fairings ? That is, assuming all parties involved consent to doing that >.>

Would i be right that in future versions of this mod, the shell,fairings in the extras,folder will not be updated?

I will never give up my hard fairings! :)

You already know that from me putting out the Old School Fairings mod though.

Actually, this makes me think, if those old parts are not going to be supported, I wonder if the licenses allow me to repackage them with my plugin that makes them work? Hmmm I will need to check it out. I could repack ALL the old fairings and turn it into a mod, not just a lonely plugin.

I will never give up my hard fairings! :)

You already know that from me putting out the Old School Fairings mod though.

Actually, this makes me think, if those old parts are not going to be supported, I wonder if the licenses allow me to repackage them with my plugin that makes them work? Hmmm I will need to check it out. I could repack ALL the old fairings and turn it into a mod, not just a lonely plugin.

Isn't that essentially a fork of a subset of the KW Rocketry functionality? Perhaps better described as a salad or crab fork? =P

Either way, it would be preferable as it does provide a way to have that functionality live on for the time being, as (IMO) the KW Rocketry fairing system was the best of the ones available pre-1.0.

It would be a fork if KW wanted to keep the parts. If they get orphaned, I'm suggesting taking them on in OSF. Also, once I do that, it would make sense IMO to expand OSF to include other hard fairings too, like AIES and HGR and so on. Basically, one mod would add a few hard fairings, and keep them functional. Yes, KW was the best though.

Yeah, I tried out AIES and HGR, but somehow I always return to KW. Shame if this get's abandoned, hopefully the authors return or someone picks this up and continues the great work! :)

Also, Bob, thanks for making that plugin, I only use FAR for the KW fairings, would be awesome to drop yet one more plugin! :)

Hi,

There seems to be compatibility issues with KSP v1.05. When loading the KW engines (any of them, liquid or solid) at KSP startup, KSP is stuck. Below is the log, the issue seems to be related to the module ModuleAnimateHeat. When I remove the engines from the KW folder, everything works properly.

Anyone encountered this problem?

Regards,

Gorgias.

Kerbal Space Program - 1.0.5.1024 (WindowsPlayer) Steam

CPU: Intel® Core i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4)

RAM: 8107

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 840M (1996MB)

SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 10.18.13.5354])

RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Mon, Nov 09, 2015 22:11:54

[ ... ]

[LOG 22:13:10.583] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Engines/1mMaverick1D/part/KW1mengineMaverick1D'

[EXC 22:13:10.611] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleAnimateHeat.draperPoint' not found.

I Really hope someone picks up KW because it seems 1.05 broke it. I can't get KSP to load with it installed, Which is a shame because KW offers some good engines.

Well, if it is broken, then it would help others to diagnose the problem if you posted your output log.

Well, if it is broken, then it would help others to diagnose the problem if you posted your output log.

What part of "I can't get KSP to load with it installed" do you not understand. It gets to the parts and just stops... will not load. I have get windows to close the program.

What part of "I can't get KSP to load with it installed" do you not understand. It gets to the parts and just stops... will not load. I have get windows to close the program.

There is still a log generated :)

What Svm420 said. The relevant file is KSP_Data/output_log.txt. It almost always shows the error even if KSP freezes or crashes.

- - - Updated - - -

And with Nansuchao's log, I've determined that the error is in ModuleAnimateEmissive. It will be fixed in due time. If you want a workaround in the mean time change it back to ModuleAnimateHeat. The heat anims won't work properly but you won't get the error.

And Nansuchao: I also see errors related to Interstellar, RasterPropMonitor, and Pilot Assistant. Doesn't look like they're fatal but something to be aware of if you see any more issues.