[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

Thanks Blowfish, these mods aren't again recompiled for 1.0.5. I will not touch my important save until every important mod is updated, also if, except for KW, they seems to work properly...

And also thanks for the useful workaround.

Edited by Nansuchao

What Svm420 said. The relevant file is KSP_Data/output_log.txt. It almost always shows the error even if KSP freezes or crashes.

- - - Updated - - -

And with Nansuchao's log, I've determined that the error is in ModuleAnimateEmissive. It will be fixed in due time. If you want a workaround in the mean time change it back to ModuleAnimateHeat. The heat anims won't work properly but you won't get the error.

And Nansuchao: I also see errors related to Interstellar, RasterPropMonitor, and Pilot Assistant. Doesn't look like they're fatal but something to be aware of if you see any more issues.

no logs generate for me untill the game is past the first loading screen...

so there's no logs for this: proabaly the same thing he is trying to tell you about

c9Gpgds.png

game freezes as soon as KW parts start to load. idk what could be doing this, but its happening none the less.

no logs generate for me untill the game is past the first loading screen...

so there's no logs for this: proabaly the same thing he is trying to tell you about

If no logs are generated by this point, then your KSP install is very broken and there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

But please check for logs again. You are looking for KSP_Data\output_log.txt (Windows) or ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log (Linux).

I'm having the same problem with it hanging while loading the KW parts. I checked my output_log.txt and near the end I think I found some errors:

MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleAnimateHeat.draperPoint' not found.
at SolverEngines.ModuleAnimateEmissive.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleAnimateHeat.draperPoint' not found.
at SolverEngines.ModuleAnimateEmissive.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I don't know if this deals with the "ModuleAnimateEmissive" that comes with KW or not.

I don't know if this deals with the "ModuleAnimateEmissive" that comes with KW or not.

It does. Like I said above, ModuleAnimateEmissive (a separate plugin which is bundled with KW) will be fixed in due time. If you don't mind opening up a few cfg files there are workarounds in the mean time.

Actually, how about this. Anyone who wants a temporary workaround, follow these steps:

1) Install the community fixes if you haven't already.

2) Make sure Module Manager 2.6.13 is installed or upgraded. This is the 1.0.5 version.

3) Place the following code in a new .cfg file somewhere in GameData. If you're not feeling creative, call it AnimateEmissiveTempFix.cfg and place it in GameData/KWRocketry

@PART[KW*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnimateEmissive]]:FINAL
{
@MODULE[ModuleAnimateEmissive]
{
@name = ModuleAnimateHeat
}
}

Like I said, the emissives won't work properly, but it should prevent the game from freezing. Let me know how it works :)

Edited by blowfish

Blowfish, you could just bundle that .cfg file in the Community Fixes and tell people to update that until further notice? Would save you a lot of grief maybe?

This is really a stopgap workaround rather than a fix. ModuleAnimateEmissive should get a patch within the next couple of days (it's part of SolverEngines which I contribute to). This workaround is really intended for people who can't wait but are willing to put in a bit of effort to keep playing in the mean time.

It does. Like I said above, ModuleAnimateEmissive (a separate plugin which is bundled with KW) will be fixed in due time. If you don't mind opening up a few cfg files there are workarounds in the mean time.

Actually, how about this. Anyone who wants a temporary workaround, follow these steps:

1) Install the community fixes if you haven't already.

2) Make sure Module Manager 2.6.13 is installed or upgraded. This is the 1.0.5 version.

3) Place the following code in a new .cfg file somewhere in GameData. If you're not feeling creative, call it AnimateEmissiveTempFix.cfg and place it in GameData/KWRocketry

@PART[KW*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnimateEmissive]]
{
{
}
}

Like I said, the emissives won't work properly, but it should prevent the game from freezing. Let me know how it works :)

I did this and the game still hangs when it comes to loading the engines. Is there something else I need to do?

Thank you for the support though! It's super kind of you to help us get KW Rocketry to work the day the new KSP update is out. :D

I did this and the game still hangs when it comes to loading the engines. Is there something else I need to do?

Thank you for the support though! It's super kind of you to help us get KW Rocketry to work the day the new KSP update is out. :D

It's possible I messed something up. But post your output log (as usual) and we can say for sure.

Are the any detrimental effects to simply removing ModuleAnimateEmissive instead of using the workarounds posted? Because I've simply removed it from my GameData folder and so far I haven't run into anything.

It's possible I messed something up. But post your output log (as usual) and we can say for sure.

just tested it, and it works fine for me. ty.

as for the output.log from earlier post, whenever i have to alt-f4 on loading like that, the file exists, but it is 0kb and empty when i open it

With the community fixes and placing your fix in the root gamedata folder, I was able to get past loading KW Engines. I think your fix works.

https://www./?jqgsargqpz2burp Here ya go, hopefully it has all the info you need.

EDIT: Mediafire is being finnicky right now, if it doesn't work, try this: http://www.filedropper.com/ksp

Edited by yorshee

https://www./?jqgsargqpz2burp Here ya go, hopefully it has all the info you need.

EDIT: Mediafire is being finnicky right now, if it doesn't work, try this: http://www.filedropper.com/ksp

Looks like it's still happening. And it's possible that it's because I forgot a small part of the patch. Try this:

@PART[KW*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleAnimateEmissive]]:[b]FINAL[/b]
{
{
}
}

Hi Kyle and Winston

Did you read the changelog for 1.0.5? You can now make your docking ports dock to multiple sizes, which should come in handy for your 3.75m docking ring part. The model looks like it should do that already. I'm sure users would appreciate this functionality.

So I've been talking with NathanKell, who is the primary author of ModuleAnimateEmissive. It turns out that as a result of his involvement with Squad (and general awesomeness), most of the features of ModuleAnimatEmissive have now been integrated into ModuleAnimateHeat. However, the new (correct) way to do engine thermal anims is with FXModuleAnimateThrottle. So in the interim, the fix I posted will actually keep the thermal anims as they are, and in the long run, I'll make sure that the change to FXModuleAnimateThrottle gets integrated into the community fixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys! I recompiled ModuleAnimateEmissive against KSP 1.0.5

Download

As a friendly warning, it is against the forum rules to post a plugin without a license and source.

But given the information I just posted above, could I request that you take it down? ModuleAnimateEmissive is redundant now, and the conflicting fields, which you probably got warnings about when you compiled, might cause unexpected behavior.

So I've been talking with NathanKell, who is the primary author of ModuleAnimateEmissive. It turns out that as a result of his involvement with Squad (and general awesomeness), most of the features of ModuleAnimatEmissive have now been integrated into ModuleAnimateHeat. However, the new (correct) way to do engine thermal anims is with FXModuleAnimateThrottle. So in the interim, the fix I posted will actually keep the thermal anims as they are, and in the long run, I'll make sure that the change to FXModuleAnimateThrottle gets integrated into the community fixes.

- - - Updated - - -

As a friendly warning, it is against the forum rules to post a plugin without a license and source.

But given the information I just posted above, could I request that you take it down? ModuleAnimateEmissive is redundant now, and the conflicting fields, which you probably got warnings about when you compiled, might cause unexpected behavior.

There was not any warnings at compiling. Anyway I already deleted it from host.