Am I the only one who's creeped out by the Mun?

Odo

Planets/moons in order of least to most creepy

Laythe

Pol

Vall

Moho

Eve

Gilly

Minmus

Vall

Tylo

Duna

Bop

Ike

Mun

Kerbol

Dres

Eeloo

Kerbin.

I like laythe because it seems blue and welcoming, yet empty, but unlike kerbin it has a reason to be void of life.

Kerbin, I feel has a darker secret, a reason why there are no other kerbals. Ie a nuclear war, mass murder, I'm even paranoid enough to say that kerbals ran out of food and had to kanabalize all women and children.

Are you sure you want to return to kerbin?

I leave the mun right before the sun is gone, I get this weird feeling as it gets darker and darker, like things are watching me jump about.

Thats exactly how I feel! It freaked me the hell out when I ran out of batteries on mun and my lights went out at night. I felt like there was stuff scurrying around in the dark right next to me, and my little lights was the only thing keeping them at bay :3

You know what I'd love to see the devs add? Weather. That would up the creepiness factor so much - imagine being on Duna on EVA, a few dozen meters from your lander/base... and not being able to see anything because of the blinding sandstorm. Or driving your rover around on Eve, when suddenly a massive lighted object (your colony) looms into view through the thick fog...

You know what I'd love to see the devs add? Weather. That would up the creepiness factor so much - imagine being on Duna on EVA, a few dozen meters from your lander/base... and not being able to see anything because of the blinding sandstorm. Or driving your rover around on Eve, when suddenly a massive lighted object (your colony) looms into view through the thick fog...

Oh god. That'd be so perfect.

Yes, I get creeped out by the Mun. So much fun landing on. Then when I get there and shut off my engine I suddenly realise I'm on a lonely, dark-shadowed barren world surrounded by silence... All I want to do us launch again!!

I enjoy reading conspiracy theories, and one of my particular faves is the one where structures have supposedly been found on our own Moon. That sends shivers down my spine - that great 'not knowing what's really there and are we being watched?' emotion. The sickly feeling I get when I read such things resurfaces when I walk Kerbals across the Mun. All I want to do is GTFO and back to Kerbin!

But I can't get enough of bathing in the bright green glow of Minmus. It's completely different for me there - I love it!

Not been anywhere else yet :P

Yes, I get creeped out by the Mun. So much fun landing on. Then when I get there and shut off my engine I suddenly realise I'm on a lonely, dark-shadowed barren world surrounded by silence... All I want to do us launch again!!

I enjoy reading conspiracy theories, and one of my particular faves is the one where structures have supposedly been found on our own Moon. That sends shivers down my spine - that great 'not knowing what's really there and are we being watched?' emotion. The sickly feeling I get when I read such things resurfaces when I walk Kerbals across the Mun. All I want to do is GTFO and back to Kerbin!

But I can't get enough of bathing in the bright green glow of Minmus. It's completely different for me there - I love it!

Not been anywhere else yet :P

I love Minmus as well.

Ive only ever been to Eve, Duna, Minmus, and Mun.

I have to say Duna was eerie, and Eve was just kinda weird. Minmus is pretty fun and goofy, but the mun is just too much for me. Such bland and silent landscape lets the imagination paint the colors.

Am I the only one who's bothered by the spelling in the thread title?

Anyway, no body that I've landed on is really creepy, but Eve might count if I ever land there.

Probably? It's correct. "Who's" is a contraction of "who is." Unless you're pointing out that it should be "who's" and the OP changed it. :)

As far as creepy... no. I don't find any of the planets creepy. What I find creepy is the crazy look on Jeb's face when he walks around on those planets.

Duna creeps me out. There's evidence of an ancient race of beings that used to live there. What happened to them, where did they go, and what else did they leave behind? These thoughts are immediately followed by images of pale Ghosts striding around the surface of the planet, lost with nowhere to go. Forever doomed to wander their dead home. And then I wonder what would happen if they were able to board your return vehicle...

Duna creeps me out. There's evidence of an ancient race of beings that used to live there. What happened to them, where did they go, and what else did they leave behind? These thoughts are immediately followed by images of pale Ghosts striding around the surface of the planet, lost with nowhere to go. Forever doomed to wander their dead home. And then I wonder what would happen if they were able to board your return vehicle...

Kerbals are from duna. Theres a giant kerbal face there :P a pyramid similar to the pyramids found on kerbin. Kerbin's might be the aliens. Itd explain why they are green. Maybe Duna become unhospitable so they came to Kerbin and destroyed all the humans/first kerbals. THats why theres a curiosity rover stuck in the sand on Duna, yet no one launched it. It was the previous race living on Kerbin. Would also explain why theres not many structures or anything, only a few were able to make it to kerbin, and havent begun civilizing the place.

Theories theories lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.