[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

Sumghai, I have noticed a slight wrinkle in the collider of the service module. Current github build (as of writing), and 0.90 32-bit.

About half-way down the ribbed surface of the tank things want to align to the surface of approximately where the fairings would be.

I am using Ven's stock replacers, if it helps to know.

Edit: A picture may have been helpful... As you can see the panel on the left is colliding wrong and the one on the right, when positioned a little lower, makes good contact.

RtCXdIg.jpg

Edited by technerd89
Posting a picture might help...

Sumghai, I have noticed a slight wrinkle in the collider of the service module. Current github build (as of writing), and 0.90 32-bit.

About half-way down the ribbed surface of the tank things want to align to the surface of approximately where the fairings would be.

I am using Ven's stock replacers, if it helps to know.

Edit: A picture may have been helpful... As you can see the panel on the left is colliding wrong and the one on the right, when positioned a little lower, makes good contact.

http://i.imgur.com/RtCXdIg.jpg

On the subject of Ven's parts, I'd think that you should have verified with stock parts, or at least a wider assortment of parts.

That said though, I'll verify that this is in fact reproducible with just about anything else you might want to try attaching.

Also though things also can attach properly if you try attaching them further up too. (meaning that if you slide them up instead of down, they attach properly too. It's like the bad spot is a bulge in the middle)

I have to say, I've never seen that, current or previous builds. Have you tried to redownload and reinstall (Turn it off and on again)?

I suppose I could just for good troubleshooting principles, although it is worth noting that I had only just re-downloaded a fresh build from github and installed it. I cleaned out all of my mods when 0.90 went live and started fresh.

I suppose I could just for good troubleshooting principles, although it is worth noting that I had only just re-downloaded a fresh build from github and installed it. I cleaned out all of my mods when 0.90 went live and started fresh.

Maybe something about 0.90 itself is responsible. SDHI hasn't changed since October.

Edit: Interesting. It doesn't do it if Angle Snap is turned off. Did you notice that? Try positioning something so that it wants to stand off like before and then toggle angle snap off and on a few times...

Edited by Starwaster

I'm currently stress-testing SDHI SMS with all its dependencies / supported add-ons, and so far things are looking pretty good. I'm also trying to implement CKAN support, to make things easier for people installing this add-on.

Still can't promise a definite date for the 0.90.0 maintenance release, though.

Maybe something about 0.90 itself is responsible. SDHI hasn't changed since October.

Edit: Interesting. It doesn't do it if Angle Snap is turned off. Did you notice that? Try positioning something so that it wants to stand off like before and then toggle angle snap off and on a few times...

i'm having the same issue, and it also depends if angle snap is on or not

Confirmed, but there's little I can do about it, since I haven't changed the Service Module colliders in any way that might actively cause this. It might instead be something to do with the way KSP now treats bounding boxes of moving parts like solar panels.

V2.4 released - see first post for download link

2.4        27 December 2014
---------------------------

Changes / Fixes:
- Compatibility Patch for KSP 0.90.0
- Added Editor Part List Filter By Manufacturer Icon for SDHI
- Heat shield floatation collar powered by Klockheed Martian Special Parts now considered an optional feature instead of a dependency

Bugs/Known Issues
- In the VAB/SPH editor scenes, When surface-attaching solar panels and other small parts to the ribbed propulsion trunk segment of the Service Module, the parts will sometimes appear to be suspended a fair distance away from the surface
- The problem generally occurs when angle snap is enabled, possibly due to editor scene changes in KSP 0.90.0
- No known fix
- Part testing contracts are generated in Career Mode
- This not intended behaviour, since the SDHI SMS is intended to be tested as a complete assembled stack rather than in piecemeal
- A future update might include a proper contract for testing the SDHI SMS

Happy Holidays! :D

I don't know if this is fixable, but when I installed SDHI the Service Module doesn't give me the option to decouple.

It also bugs the Avionics Ring.

You HAVE to install all of the dependencies, this is probably because you forgot to download Animated Decoupler or the one that enables it to decouple.

I don't know if this is fixable, but when I installed SDHI the Service Module doesn't give me the option to decouple.

It also bugs the Avionics Ring.

You HAVE to install all of the dependencies, this is probably because you forgot to download Animated Decoupler or the one that enables it to decouple.
No probablies about it. Didn't download the Animated Decouplers? Then I hope you like your service module because you're going to be looking at it for a Long LONG time :D

As others have mentioned, the three dependencies required for SDHI SMS are listed fairly clearly in the original post, on CurseForge, on GitHub and in the README included in the download.

@Starwaster - Perhaps we should look at adding CKAN support for SDHI SMS, AnimatedDecouplers and NodeResizer (RealChutes and MM are already on CKAN).

As others have mentioned, the three dependencies required for SDHI SMS are listed fairly clearly in the original post, on CurseForge, on GitHub and in the README included in the download.

@Starwaster - Perhaps we should look at adding CKAN support for SDHI SMS, AnimatedDecouplers and NodeResizer (RealChutes and MM are already on CKAN).

Ok, as I understand it, the CKAN folks need a file written up to support it. I've gone ahead and done that but two things are missing. First, I'm not sure what the Real Chutes identifier is. I mean I'm sure it's probably as simple as RealChutes, but I don't know that for sure, so the script below could be wrong. The second thing is that I also need to write up one for AnimatedDecouplers, or else that part of it is also wrong. But at least this is a start:

{
"spec_version": 1,
"identifier" : "SDHI_ServiceModuleSystem",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/github/sumghai/SDHI_ServiceModuleSystem",
"name" : "SDHI Service Module System",
"author" : [ "sumghai" ],
"version" : "2.4",
"abstract" : "Service Module and accessories designed specifically for use with the stock Mk1-2 Command Pod, vaguely resembling NASA’s Orion MPCV.",
"ksp_version" : "0.90",
"license" : "CC BY-SA 4.0",
"depends": [
{ "name": "AnimatedDecouplers" },
{ "name" : "ModuleManager" },
{ "name" : "RealChutes"}
],
"download": "https://github.com/sumghai/SDHI_ServiceModuleSystem/releases/download/v2.4/ksp_sdhi_sms_v2_4.zip"
}

Ok, as I understand it, the CKAN folks need a file written up to support it. I've gone ahead and done that but two things are missing. First, I'm not sure what the Real Chutes identifier is. I mean I'm sure it's probably as simple as RealChutes, but I don't know that for sure, so the script below could be wrong. The second thing is that I also need to write up one for AnimatedDecouplers, or else that part of it is also wrong. But at least this is a start:

{
"spec_version": 1,
"identifier" : "SDHI_ServiceModuleSystem",
"$kref" : "#/ckan/github/sumghai/SDHI_ServiceModuleSystem",
"name" : "SDHI Service Module System",
"author" : [ "sumghai" ],
"version" : "2.4",
"abstract" : "Service Module and accessories designed specifically for use with the stock Mk1-2 Command Pod, vaguely resembling NASA’s Orion MPCV.",
"ksp_version" : "0.90",
"license" : "CC BY-SA 4.0",
"depends": [
{ "name": "AnimatedDecouplers" },
{ "name" : "ModuleManager" },
{ "name" : "RealChutes"}
],
"download": "https://github.com/sumghai/SDHI_ServiceModuleSystem/releases/download/v2.4/ksp_sdhi_sms_v2_4.zip"
}

GLORIOUS.

I'll touch base with pjf with regards to the correct identifier for RealChutes, and we'll figure out where to go from there afterwards. Many thanks!

EDIT:

- RealChutes' CKAN identifier is apparently RealChute

- BasharMilesTeg made his own pull request; I'll try to consolidate both your and his drafts in a moment (see link).

Edited by sumghai

GLORIOUS.

I'll touch base with pjf with regards to the correct identifier for RealChutes, and we'll figure out where to go from there afterwards. Many thanks!

EDIT:

- RealChutes' CKAN identifier is apparently RealChute

- BasharMilesTeg made his own pull request; I'll try to consolidate both your and his drafts in a moment (see link).

I'm writing up one for AnimatedDecouplers as I'm assuming it needs to be included for CKAN as well but I'm waiting to hear back from pjf regarding a question I had. (namely whether or not there's a way to stop it from showing up to players unless it's actually a dependency for something else that they're downloading. Doesn't do a player much good otherwise...)

Edit:

Ah, actually it looks like you guys have that covered already?

Edited by Starwaster

Ah right, apologies. I thought I installed Animated Decoupler, but I guess I skimmed through that one. I was too excited to use SDHI again.

When I used the LV-909 the second time the engine effect doesn't want to show.

That's odd. Do you have HotRockets installed?

I am also having troubles with the Docking Port Parachutes, as I cannot change their parachute values.

I have RealChutes installed.

As stated in the FAQ, the docking port parachutes are not intended to be tweakable. I didn't want inexperienced users accidentally changing the values and then come crying that their Kerbals were killed in a crash.

SDHI 2.5 Service module has build in sas (in stock, only probe core has sas), and decouple working only from context menu.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Is this a question or a statement?

Parachutes are working, but not showing in stages.

I recall a version of TweakableEverything caused this issue. Try uninstalling the aforementioned add-on and see if the parachute icons shows up in staging.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.