[1.10.x] SDHI Service Module System (V4.0.4 / 11 October 2020)

sumghai

Ok. I'm an idiot. I was using the wrong heat shield. I was using the SDHI 2.5m heat shield under the Sum Dum Heavy Industry's Manufacturer tab instead of the MK 1-2 pod heat shield. You might want to consider adding it to your manufacture's tag as its not listed in any of the other ones.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok. I'm an idiot. I was using the wrong heat shield. I was using the SDHI 2.5m heat shield under the Sum Dum Heavy Industry's Manufacturer tab instead of the MK 1-2 pod heat shield. You might want to consider adding it to your manufacture's tag as its not listed in any of the other ones.

Huh?

The correct heat shield to use is the SDHI 2.5m Heat Shield, and it is already listed under the SDHI manufacturer tab.

Does it work? It didn't seem to fit for me. And I assume it doesn't have the umbilical texture. Can you post pics?

What all you want a pic of ?

see.pngsee2.pngsee3.pngsee4.pngsee5.png

EDIT- And for the umbilical port you see the button ?

Edited by Mecripp2

But mine isn't working right. Did you attach the SDHI heat shield onto the revamped pod (that already has one that unforturnately doesn't fit)?

Mine ended up with a fairing on it, for no reason. Here:

cf99de9020.png

I found out it doesn't fit without the SDHI head shield, as shown here:

d196f36cf1.png

And here is a detail of the fairing that stays on, even when the SDHI shield is attached. I had TweakableEverything installed, too, and couldn't disable it.

c0bdd31a9a.png

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

Yes that's normal. The SDHI service module and avionics ring are both dependent on the SDHI heat shield being there. The shield's bottom attach point is what those two parts attach to and it's substantially lower than the Mk1-2's bottom node.

But mine isn't working right. Did you attach the SDHI heat shield onto the revamped pod (that already has one that unforturnately doesn't fit)?

Mine ended up with a fairing on it, for no reason. Here:

http://puu.sh/gC3i9/cf99de9020.png

I found out it doesn't fit without the SDHI head shield, as shown here:

http://puu.sh/gC2YO/d196f36cf1.png

And here is a detail of the fairing that stays on, even when the SDHI shield is attached. I had TweakableEverything installed, too, and couldn't disable it.

http://puu.sh/gC38q/c0bdd31a9a.png

Your 3nd pic pretty sure you have your heat shield to far up think you can connect on the wrong side of the node pull it down just a hair.

EDIT- What Version you have ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Z3R0_0NL1N3, that auto-fairing on the command pod shouldn't be there.

Try testing a stripped-down version of the game with just the stock parts, plus SDHI (+dependencies) and Ven's stock revamp.

That's exactly what I did. And it's the newest versions of both. I literally just downloaded them and put them in an otherwise vanilla install.

Hi sumghai

1st- thanks for what you did: Really tanks for using your time on making mods, and publishing them

2nd - In ma windows 32 bits, the service module is missing, but on the Mac everythingworks OK

any ideas?

2nd - In ma windows 32 bits, the service module is missing, but on the Mac everythingworks OK

Are you in Sandbox, Science or Career mode? The Service Module itself should be unlocked through the Heavier Rocketry TechNote.

So I've noticed that some people are talking about Real Heat, the replacement for Deadly Reentry. Is the heat shield compatible with that as well or is it just DR?

My current understanding is that RealHeat is geared towards mainly RO/RSS users. Since SDHI SMS wasn't originally designed for RO/RSS, it'll be up to the RO/RSS crowd to figure out how they want to handle this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.