What do you want to see in .23

What i'd love to see (In order of importance)

Fairings

Data Storage (that way you'd only need to bring back the probe/pod and the storage, rather than a bulky ship)

more science attachments

IVA Crew Transfer

More IVA activities

IVA Docking Camera

More Gadgests inside cockpit (MK3 and MK2 spaceplane)

A science part that will generate a small amount of science over a long period of time, useful for space stations. Like a kerbal monitor or something, maybe a plant experiment? Idk, something heavy and used to long-term experimenting. Perhaps with different experiments it can run that have to be shipped up to it or something.

Also, the ability to transfer experiments like resources, so that you can meet with a busted craft or ground base and move the experiments/data to the mobile craft for shipment back to Kerbin.

EDIT: More ideas;Something that lets you monitor what Biome you are in/over. Extra science from easter-egg sampling/monitoring (mun arch, duna face etc).

Edited by Kerbin Von Braun
Had more ideas

I would like to see a rework of solid boosters please. I've done some testing on them and they seem to perform far worse than liquid engines to the point that using them becomes a handicap or pointless. I don't know much about solid boosters in real world, so maybe there supposed to be worse. In terms of Mass and thrust and Isp, it seems there's little point in using them when any other launch liquid engine does the job better.

I would like to see more interesting Solid booster type rockets that actually have a use. After doing some research, it is correct that solid boosters have a worse performance than liquid ones, but still feels like they should have a place in rocket design as they are still being used. Don't know enough about rockets to know what that is.

I've got an idea about action groups. It would be useful to have not only keyboard action groups, but also a menu with user-named actions to activate. The reason is that sometimes instant access to an action group isn't required and memorizing what which key does is a little hard.

Oh, and I think that it would be quite interesting to have an asteroid belt between Duna and Jool.

death to the physics bubble!

The game can handle multiple craft in atmosphere, it *doesn't* need to make one vanish when it gets a short distance from the other - it needs to make smarter choices about what do. The current choice works reasonably well for launching a multistage rocket - but people use KSP for much more than that.

So the next step may be introducing a simplified model "atmospheric rails" "SAS controlled thrust rails" for things with deployed parachutes or that have control nodes

the ability to switch the SAS to a horizon based model - I've spent the last 6 hours dipping my nose every 10 minutes while I attempt to circumnavigate (I'm going to run out of fuel - 2.3Mm so far, 62 of 450 fuel left) - but I got a good few crew reports - (I sent one every time something interesting happened - sunset, sun rise, flying over the sea, flying over a mountain...)

Edited by JoCRaM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.